Jaackmaate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been a fan of JaackMaate for ages - have to say though that I think a couple of recent videos have lost their edge a bit. Maybe it's just me?

I watched his video 'tricking Love Islanders into promoting JaackMaate' and I thought it was pretty weak to be honest. He didn't trick them - he paid them, thousands of pounds, to promote the product. And yes, the product was made up and there were some funny gags on the website, and it highlighted that 'influencers' will say pretty much anything if they get paid (who knew?) - but I didn't think it was particularly revolutionary, or controversial. And I did think it was really off of him to put a photoshopped thumbnail of Molly-Mae on the video, when she wasn't one of the people who had promoted it.

Reactions: 8
Jack has the type of personality you find funny for a week, then you realise he’s actually just a bit of a witch and he’s not as funny as he thinks he is.

I know this is rave 🤣 I’ll see myself out...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think he’s all that. His older videos are funny and yes he will call vloggers out but I feel like now he’s a big bigger he’s too scared to really go in on people. Like when Alfie Deyes did something imbecilic (no surprises there but can’t remember what it was?) and he didn‘t speak up about it despite people asking him to. He has lost his touch a bit. Also I watched that ‘roast of jaackmaate’ video and I found it tit. I know he didn’t write the roasts himself but they were so weak it was hardly worth making a video

Reactions: 4
So these are the announcements they made on the happy hour twitter back in April. Mentions them 'drifting apart' and their working relationship was affecting their ability to be friends, which is very vague. I just don't believe these guys are still friends? They did a podcast together for a long while, then moved in together, then all of a sudden Jordan moved out, still did the podcast, then left the podcast. Stevie mentioned Jordan on a recent podcast and Jack was very awkward saying something like 'let's not go there', so there is obviously bad blood. I watched one of jordans livestreams the other day, guy seems so down and depressed since this happened. I really do hope they're mates, but the way things are looking I doubt they are friends anymore, I do wonder what really happened. Probably an elbow in the gob for Jordan that Jacks friend Alfie has kind of replaced him. I guess we'll maybe find out in time?
74-bISy9dYG-HthHyZOzqap7QyYg66GfccGMoXqapprgDfU0dp.png

View attachment 142784
Have to wonder with this. Didn’t he do similar to imallex?
Where did this Alfie Indra lad suddenly pop up from. I’m more and more inclined to believe that had jack got famous when he was trying (house of mum and dad, big brother and original YouTube days) he’d be just like the youtubers he now slags off.

he slagged them off because he was bitter, he’s now employing his mates and girlfriend, has released merch (yes it’s better than oli’s) and seems to not want to speak out against youtubers so much now he’s making good money. Same as all the ones he slagged off did

I've been a fan of JaackMaate for ages - have to say though that I think a couple of recent videos have lost their edge a bit. Maybe it's just me?

I watched his video 'tricking Love Islanders into promoting JaackMaate' and I thought it was pretty weak to be honest. He didn't trick them - he paid them, thousands of pounds, to promote the product. And yes, the product was made up and there were some funny gags on the website, and it highlighted that 'influencers' will say pretty much anything if they get paid (who knew?) - but I didn't think it was particularly revolutionary, or controversial. And I did think it was really off of him to put a photoshopped thumbnail of Molly-Mae on the video, when she wasn't one of the people who had promoted it.
It’s also very Josh pieters and not original at all. He saw josh do well tricking influencers with ‘space rock’ and copied it

also agree that molly was right to be pissed off being used in a thumbnail that she had no part in.Something jack would have rinsed someone like alfie doing

Last edited:
he slagged them off because he was bitter, he’s now employing his mates and girlfriend, has released merch (yes it’s better than oli’s) and seems to not want to speak out against youtubers so much now he’s making good money. Same as all the ones he slagged off did
Yes this - he has become the thing he once mocked.
Even though he pretends to be self deprecating about his merch it is still merch.

Reactions: 3
So these are the announcements they made on the happy hour twitter back in April. Mentions them 'drifting apart' and their working relationship was affecting their ability to be friends, which is very vague. I just don't believe these guys are still friends? They did a podcast together for a long while, then moved in together, then all of a sudden Jordan moved out, still did the podcast, then left the podcast. Stevie mentioned Jordan on a recent podcast and Jack was very awkward saying something like 'let's not go there', so there is obviously bad blood. I watched one of jordans livestreams the other day, guy seems so down and depressed since this happened. I really do hope they're mates, but the way things are looking I doubt they are friends anymore, I do wonder what really happened. Probably an elbow in the gob for Jordan that Jacks friend Alfie has kind of replaced him. I guess we'll maybe find out in time?

View attachment 142784
Oh very weird, definitely seems like something has happened. Such a shame when they seemed to get along so well on the podcast.

Reactions: 1
Have to wonder with this. Didn’t he do similar to imallex?
Where did this Alfie Indra lad suddenly pop up from. I’m more and more inclined to believe that had jack got famous when he was trying (house of mum and dad, big brother and original YouTube days) he’d be just like the youtubers he now slags off.

Alex has been very vocal about how bitter he is about leaving the podcast (notably on Truegeordies Xmas podcast), so it does seem he was pushed same as Jordan. However Jack and Alex did have genuine beef around that time, Jack called out Alex about not being hard on Alfie Deyes as he should have, which I definitely agreed with, which could have been the reason for his departure.

I'm sure they have made references to Alfie being a long time friend of Jack's but seems a bit strange they are proper pushing his social media, youtube channel and music career all of a sudden. I don't think he was ever heard of before the Greg paul video and Jack has been doing youtube over a decade with no mention from him. But it seems like he can no longer make a video without him beside him now which is strange.

I agree he has lost his edge, the reason he got as far as he got was because he wasn't scared to call people out. And now he is rubbing shoulders with the big guys on youtube he has quietened down. It irks me how much he backtracked on his beef with miniminter and willne, all because they are bigger channels. His new zac&jay/josh pieters copying content just doesn't suit him if I'm honest. I really really rate the podcast and some episodes he can be really honest, genuine and funny and it's great, he needs to be like that on his channel.

The one thing that irritates me about Jack and I like the guy as a youtuber, is the fact he set up a patreon account a long time ago, promising exclusive content, live streams, discord chats etc. 'm not a member, but absolutely none of that has happened, he rarely uploads. People are still paying a monthly fee for a guy that rarely uploads, I mean at least just disable the patreon so people aren't paying for nothing! Just irks me and it's a bit disappointing that he's like that.

The one thing that irritates me about Jack and I like the guy as a youtuber, is the fact he set up a patreon account a long time ago, promising exclusive content, live streams, discord chats etc. 'm not a member, but absolutely none of that has happened, he rarely uploads. People are still paying a monthly fee for a guy that rarely uploads, I mean at least just disable the patreon so people aren't paying for nothing! Just irks me and it's a bit disappointing that he's like that.
That is disappointing. I think because he is see as one of the good guys he is given a bye ball a lot of the time, whereas if it was someone like Alfie Deyes that behaviour would rightfully be seen as shady and greedy.

That is disappointing. I think because he is see as one of the good guys he is given a bye ball a lot of the time, whereas if it was someone like Alfie Deyes that behaviour would rightfully be seen as shady and greedy.
Apparently joe Suggs done that subscription trick too. Kind of thing jack would usually call youtubers out for.
Also he needs to stop trying to be Ricky gervais. Ricky is unlikeable anyway never mind ricky2.0

Reactions: 2
People are posting across several threads about his Dubai video.

Might be better to discuss it in one place

Bloody loved his Dubai video and the vegan teacher rank bank too. He’s right in everything that he says in the Dubai one

Bloody loved his Dubai video and the vegan teacher rank bank too. He’s right in everything that he says in the Dubai one
yeh I thought the same, wish he would psot more regularly! It seems like he is mainly focused on the podcast now

yeh I thought the same, wish he would psot more regularly! It seems like he is mainly focused on the podcast now
I think partially it’s down to the fact that he gets paid for the podcast whereas he has to battle YouTube to get them to monetise his videos, when he uploads his videos are often demonetised instantly. Given the type of content he posts I can understand why. I did really laugh out loud at the vegan teacher rank bank though.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think partially it’s down to the fact that he gets paid for the podcast whereas he has to battle YouTube to get them to monetise his videos, when he uploads his videos are often demonetised instantly. Given the type of content he posts I can understand why. I did really laugh out loud at the vegan teacher rank bank though.
I don;t get why they are always demonetised? yeh he is criticising people but SO many other youtubers are?

Ok this thread is a bit dead like but WWHHHHYY is jack so obsessed with Belle Delphine? I just cannot understand it at all. Lets also remember he has a girlfriend, I can't imagine she is happy for him to be constantly having her or mentioning her in videos / his talk show or whatever he does, but jesus christ he doesn't hide how he feels towards her does he? Proppppper noncey behaviour :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I like his videos but he's mad for clout like he'll do anything for a bit of attention it's a bit cringe

I like the new video, I wonder if he continues to make it into a series

I think the new video wasn’t great personally. Had to sit and basically watch the whole josh pieters video that I’d already seen again. Also, unscripted he’s not that funny, I found his friend Alfie funnier.

Kind of felt like he’s trying to copy the sidemen recreating big shows but didn’t really work. Who was the girl with her mum? Bless them.

The whole point of gogglebox is it’s current and stuff that the public are currently watching. That josh pieters video is ages old and everyone that was in jacks video would have seen it already so it’s not initial reactions.

If he’s going to make it work I’d think he needs to be getting them out quicker and having stronger guests on. Needs big characters like KSI or Willne really

He should stick with the podcast/interviewing I think personally