J. K. Rowling #7 JK and the Deathly Threats

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She and Radcliffe are of the "do impressions of emotions" school of non acting. Smile when the character's happy, scowl when they're angry, but absolutely no sense of embodying a personality, creating mannerisms or exuding any character. I have honestly seen puppets do it better because a good puppeteer can do that. Maybe they should get strings attached and someone can make them halfway passable.

Radcliffe apparently only chooses independent films because he's so artsy. I assumed it was so fewer people would see him embarrassing himself with his crap performances.
thank you for putting my exact thoughts into words that I agree with, but you’ve written better than I ever could :)

i’ve never known emma Watson (justifiably) to be praised by anyone for her acting attempt so I’m leaving her aside but so many people call Daniel a great actor and never understood why?

He has striking eyes (won’t mention how it’s not compatible with the main theme of Harry Potter and Lily Potter, but whatever…) but that doesn’t make a good actor IMO. As you said it’s like: now look happy, now look sad, now look angry, now look frightened. I guess from a technical point of view that is what acting boils down to but from him it looked so textbook and basic (and not good or realistic).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and the actress who played Hermione was fabulous. She was everything I liked about her character and not annoying. I really disliked how much Hermione hit Ron in the films!

Reactions: 10
I went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and the actress who played Hermione was fabulous. She was everything I liked about her character and not annoying. I really disliked how much Hermione hit Ron in the films!
another Case of DARVO against her. People accuse JK of being racist (just another weapon to beat her with) but she very publicly hit back hard straight off the bat when a black actress in the play was cast to play the role of Hermione and people were leaving negative comments about it

Reactions: 11
This might explain why she wasn't part of much of the interviews tours for Little Women. Florence Pugh and the other ladies did them but Emma was MIA. I bet they didn't like her.
Saoirse Ronan and Florence Pugh are ten times the actress she is

Reactions: 13
I see in the wake of Rivkah Brown’s retraction and apology for calling JKR a Holocaust denier (hello, legal letter!) scores of TRAs are calling her a Holocaust denier 🙄

They’re all steadfast in their belief that the Nazis burned books on trans healthcare - like trans even really existed as a concept back then (cross-dressing/transvestitism yes, transgenderism no).

• Wow
Reactions: 17
They’re all steadfast in their belief that the Nazis burned books on trans healthcare - like trans even really existed as a concept back then
At this point you’ve got to laugh, wince in despair or be angered by this: I personally find the best method is laughing at the ridiculousness. At this point from the TRA crew we are expected to realistically believe that trans were targeted from day one, even before Adam and Eve, which proves problems lol. That in history they were the MOST prejudiced over black people, gay people, and women (which they claim to be). GTFOH.

Reactions: 7
At this point you’ve got to laugh, wince in despair or be angered by this: I personally find the best method is laughing at the ridiculousness. At this point from the TRA crew we are expected to realistically believe that trans were targeted from day one, even before Adam and Eve, which proves problems lol. That in history they were the MOST prejudiced over black people, gay people, and women (which they claim to be). GTFOH.
In the wake of the Cass report, and with JKR having been exceptionally well-reasoned, eloquent, and clear in her recent comments on the issue, and with increasing numbers speaking up in support of her, the TRAs are aware that the house of cards is collapsing and the institutional capture that served them so well is being lost.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. They’ll fling every bit of mud they can in the hope that some sticks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I just need to get this off my chest...

What pisses me off about social media is this:-

Scenario: a theatre star or influencer or celeb or whatever shares an innocent post of them wearing a harry potter scarf or going to the Harry Potter studios, or they have the Harry Potter books on their bookcase in the background of their vlog or whatever. I've seen multiple instances.

Fans:
-This is so disappointing, why are you associating yourself with the works of the transphobic holocaust denier J K R?!
-This is a turn off, sorry, no longer a fan of yours, you are platforming a bigot
-Omg I loved you sis until you aligned yourself with JKR, this is not good
Etc etc

I saw a post today where a theatre star literally posted herself wearing a Gryffindor scarf and saying she's happy with her friends, I assume they had had an outing or something, and the comments were like "im sooooo disappointed in you'. Nowhere has this person said they agreed or even mentioned JKR or trans or anything... Just literally posing wearing a scarf with a glass of wine. I have checked and only one negative comment is left, there were more earlier, and she hasn't retracted/deleted the photo yet so hopefully she doesn't care, but honestly, noone can post how they love the books or love the films etc without being told they are disappointing.

Which leads me onto thinking about the HBO HP reboot in 2025. They will need to cast actors who 1) won't talk out the side of their mouth about JKR or insinuate that they disagree. And 2) they will need thick skins because once casting is announced the trolls will cancel them, call them phobic endorsers etc.

Luckily I don't see people coming for the Strike actors, I don't think Strike is on many of the TRA brigade's radar...

In other news, I see JK's The Christmas Pig will be adapted for screen. The Queen continues to move regardless. She steps over the haters whilst making strides in her career. 💅💃

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just need to get this off my chest...

What pisses me off about social media is this:-

Scenario: a theatre star or influencer or celeb or whatever shares an innocent post of them wearing a harry potter scarf or going to the Harry Potter studios, or they have the Harry Potter books on their bookcase in the background of their vlog or whatever. I've seen multiple instances.

Fans:
-This is so disappointing, why are you associating yourself with the works of the transphobic holocaust denier J K R?!
-This is a turn off, sorry, no longer a fan of yours, you are platforming a bigot
-Omg I loved you sis until you aligned yourself with JKR, this is not good
Etc etc

I saw a post today where a theatre star literally posted herself wearing a Gryffindor scarf and saying she's happy with her friends, I assume they had had an outing or something, and the comments were like "im sooooo disappointed in you'. Nowhere has this person said they agreed or even mentioned JKR or trans or anything... Just literally posing wearing a scarf with a glass of wine. I have checked and only one negative comment is left, there were more earlier, and she hasn't retracted/deleted the photo yet so hopefully she doesn't care, but honestly, noone can post how they love the books or love the films etc without being told they are disappointing.

Which leads me onto thinking about the HBO HP reboot in 2025. They will need to cast actors who 1) won't talk out the side of their mouth about JKR or insinuate that they disagree. And 2) they will need thick skins because once casting is announced the trolls will cancel them, call them phobic endorsers etc.

Luckily I don't see people coming for the Strike actors, I don't think Strike is on many of the TRA brigade's radar...

In other news, I see JK's The Christmas Pig will be adapted for screen. The Queen continues to move regardless. She steps over the haters whilst making strides in her career. 💅💃
And yet, so many of those calling her a transphobic holocaust denier use HP on social media for reach. They don’t have a creative ounce in their body, yet use the books Tonhöhe podcasts, draw, write,etc. But you need to denounce JKR first before you are safe from them, innocently wearing a scarf without making a statement is a no go for these people.

Reactions: 3
The Christmas Pig is a really special book actually. I read it to my daughter by cooincidence 2 months after her two Grandparents died. I didnt realise it was
an allegory about death
until I got to the part that makes that clear. Honestly, I have never cried so much. The only other book that made me cry that much was The Book Thief.

Its so lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone been following the recent Twitter exchange between JK and Kirstie Allsop!? I don’t how it started but Kirstie’s posts are clueless and idiotic (some of the thousands of replies received though are funny!)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The Christmas Pig is the only JKR book I haven’t yet read but it sounds like it will make a lovely adaptation. I wonder who is doing it? It sounds like a bbc Christmas Day schedule type thing.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone been following the recent Twitter exchange between JK and Kirstie Allsop!? I don’t how it started but Kirstie’s posts are clueless and idiotic (some of the thousands of replies received though are funny!)
We’ve been talking about it on the Gender Discussion thread. JK is bang on form, Allsop sounds like a simpering fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Christmas Pig is the only JKR book I haven’t yet read but it sounds like it will make a lovely adaptation. I wonder who is doing it? It sounds like a bbc Christmas Day schedule type thing.
Yes it sounds like it would fit in the Julia Donaldson\Axel Sheffler bit. However, its really long, so it would lend itself more to a series or a movie than a one off short programme.
---
We’ve been talking about it on the Gender Discussion thread. JK is bang on form, Allsop sounds like a simpering fool.
Allsop saying she dislikes the way Dylan Mulvaney is treated..... argh!

Reactions: 6
More casting news
View attachment 2882692 IBH Casting News! View attachment 2882693

Tupele Dorgu, a new Strike TV series regular, will be playing the role of Michelle ("Midge") Greenstreet in the upcoming BBC adaptation of The Ink Black Heart.

Source: https://app.spotlight.com/2694-5646-4363
@Justhereforthedrama I haven’t read the Christmas Pig but look forward to the adaptation
She looks more glam than I'd imagined Midge to be. I thought she was a butch lesbian.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just realised that my visual image of book midge is almost identical to my visual image of book Tonks! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6