J. K. Rowling #7 JK and the Deathly Threats

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for those who admire ❤ JK for her wonderful books, charitable work and for standing up for the rights of women.
Polish_20230623_141901147.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 82
So what are we going to do for thread titles now we've run out of Harry Potter books? Carry on with the Strike titles or keep going with things like the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts??!

Reactions: 6
I’ve never read any of her books (and never will), but I admire her strong stance on the inalienable rights of women. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I quite like chapter titles! We might be here for a while so we may as well have fun and get creative! I think the first title is The Boy Who Lived. Could go for something like The Boy Who Believed He Was a Girl - or we could reference notable posts/topics that’ll pop up in this thread 😅 like CisIsntASlur was trending so it could be The Boy Who Cisn’t a Boy… 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tweet/Video of the year

As for thread titles, I’m sure it’ll come to us in time. JKR isn’t like the rest of the tattle residents supplying us with constant content for threads 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Have bitten the bullet and started a re-read of the HP books: well a re-listen actually. I resigned myself to the Stephen Fry versions. His voice was annoying as f**k but as I got into the book, it kinda fades into the background because the writing is so good.

As with the movies, am starting with Azkaban.

Reactions: 3
Have bitten the bullet and started a re-read of the HP books: well a re-listen actually. I resigned myself to the Stephen Fry versions. His voice was annoying as f**k but as I got into the book, it kinda fades into the background because the writing is so good.

As with the movies, am starting with Azkaban.
Did you not find the Alan Dale versions?

Did you not find the Alan Dale versions?
I did, if I went to audible.com.

The problem is my Audible account and its credits are geographically associated with Audible.co.uk.

So when I'm signed into audible.com, my sign in does work, but I don't have any credits. So if I wanted the Jim Dale ones, I'd have to pay extra each time, rather than using my audible credits, which I get monthly as part of my membership.

It's really stupid. If I have an audible membership, I should be allowed download any version of the book I like.

Reactions: 4
I have both sets of audio books and the hardback books but can’t listen to them whilst travelling otherwise I feel no shame I paid for my goodies 😜 hehe

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm after using up one of my credits on the Stephen Fry ones so I guess I may stick with it!
Also audible pre-downloads the book, meaning I can listen even when I have no signal. Which is pretty common in my part of rural Ireland!

As an aside I’m not happy with Audible as I’ve found out they’ve charged me for the last three months despite me ever using it only ever for a free trial with free audiobooks (and I still haven’t listened to one yet)

• Wow
Now you wouldn't be suggesting that I use nefarious third party means to listen to one of Queen JK's works without paying due care and attention to copyright ?? 🤣🤣
Thankfully not travelling too often I have nearly wore out my cd’s I alternated between Harry Potter and Strike still trying to find the new book on cd but having no luck probable have to get them from Barney’s and Noble

Reactions: 2
As an aside I’m not happy with Audible as I’ve found out they’ve charged me for the last three months despite me ever using it only ever for a free trial with free audiobooks (and I still haven’t listened to one yet)
They are usually quite good about sorting stuff like that out. I got a refund from them when something like that happened to me a few years ago.

• Heart
Very frustrating but I’d email them about it. I had a problem a few weeks ago and they sorted it out quick sticks.

• Heart