J. K. Rowling #7 JK and the Deathly Threats

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use Reddit for its aggregated news headlines on specific topics and for a medical condition I have where people gather research and comment but its a cancerous community, far left and geeky types condescending on others mostly and they destroyed/banned the subs that were at all Gender Critical a couple of years ago and even the subs that are for very moderate politics put out group messages to say that anybody who wouldn't accept penises as female anatomy was no longer welcome.

I hope they eventually go bust and get replaced
Reddit was totally infiltrated and captured by trans years ago as they have many trans moderators. These articles by Graham Linehan will give you an idea of what's going on.

Reactions: 16
Reddit was totally infiltrated and captured by trans years ago as they have many trans moderators. These articles by Graham Linehan will give you an idea of what's going on.

Glad you linked to an article regarding Aimee C. I still find it astonishing (“astonishing”, sadly as in “not at all surprising”) that Aimee went onto a career in Politics after the Reddit debacle and the Greens welcomed him with open arms, despite the court case, despite the paedophile boyfriend, despite everything because trans

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Glad you linked to an article regarding Aimee C. I still find it astonishing (“astonishing”, sadly as in “not at all surprising”) that Aimee went onto a career in Politics after the Reddit debacle and the Greens welcomed him with open arms, despite the court case, despite the paedophile boyfriend, despite everything because trans

The Aimee / David Challenor debacle was utterly disgraceful. But then again, Layla Moran was adamant that a woman could tell who was ‘true trans’ and who was pretending for nefarious purposes by looking into their eyes and seeing into their soul, so it’s no great surprise. 🙄

And that’s before we start on the young Green Party and their ‘men’/‘non-men’ gender policy. Twats.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The most egregious reddit group that was infiltrated by a male mod was the PCOS one - you know the condition that only FEMALES can have, because ovaries etc.

Women who objected to men being in that space were kicked out. Imagine having a man moderating that sub! gross.

There are certainly more people\communities who are tolerant of discussion of JKR nowadays than there used to be - it used to be incredibly hostile.

I was on a sub that skirts the line yesterday and there were 100 odd comments slamming her with 0 or neutral likes. Then there was one comment saying 'hang on you really don't get this, she's being saying this is destructive to kids for years and now a study has proved her right...again' and the like count was at about 50+

This tells me that there are people on these subs who agree with JKR who are STILL afraid to speak what they think, which coincidentally was one of the strands of the report 'toxic culture'

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The accusations against her have become so ludicrous they can no longer be taken seriously by any reasonably intelligent person, even if you do disagree with her. Initially everyone was accusing her of denying that transgenderism exists and that it was just a cover for sexual predators - of course she never said or implied any such thing, but it was believable for anyone who wasn't following very closely and was relying on skim reading the odd headline and crappy news report.

Now, the more time passes and the more she is proven right, the accusations have become more and more insane and people are starting to realise it. She hates trans people, doesn't care if they die, doesn't care if children die in traffic accidents, is a Holocaust denier...they've left the plausibility at the door. It all sounds exactly like the satirical reports from The Onion in the early 00s, claiming Harry Potter was causing a rise of Satanism among children. Except those were a joke...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The most egregious reddit group that was infiltrated by a male mod was the PCOS one - you know the condition that only FEMALES can have, because ovaries etc.

Women who objected to men being in that space were kicked out. Imagine having a man moderating that sub! gross.

There are certainly more people\communities who are tolerant of discussion of JKR nowadays than there used to be - it used to be incredibly hostile.

I was on a sub that skirts the line yesterday and there were 100 odd comments slamming her with 0 or neutral likes. Then there was one comment saying 'hang on you really don't get this, she's being saying this is destructive to kids for years and now a study has proved her right...again' and the like count was at about 50+

This tells me that there are people on these subs who agree with JKR who are STILL afraid to speak what they think, which coincidentally was one of the strands of the report 'toxic culture'

The silent majority knows that this is all utter bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Haha 😅
@ CormStrikeFan and. @ corm_and_robin

Have found the following. I like how they tried to find out if there is a kiss location in Book 8 🤣👍

I love how she interacts with her Strike fans.

I got the screenshots from one of the fan's Instagram page.

1000022992.png
1000022991.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve been to a pub somewhere between The Strand and Mercer Street and now I’m trying to find out whether it was The Prince Of Wales 😂 Does look like what I remember, but it was October 2022, very late, first time in London and absolutely knackende because it was a business trip and they forgot to book us hotels with breakfast and I ran around being overwhelmed by my crappy sense of direction and too many food options 😂
---
After liberal use of Googles timeline feature I’ve now learned that it was a different pub, called The Coal Hole.
Oh well, seems like a trip is needed to make my knowledge of London better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
No idea if Bonny Wright ever spoke out, but she did get a lot of grief for her role. The script they gave her for Ginny was terrible, apart from Emma, no girl had any meaningful amount of screen time anyway and don’t get me started in the shoelace. No idea if she can act with a better script. I don’t think she was in anything else
I remember in the later books Ginny was popular, outgoing and had a completely different circle of friends. But as that would have been 3 or 4 films in I could imagine Emma Watson getting huffy if any limelight was taken off her.

Reactions: 11
I remember in the later books Ginny was popular, outgoing and had a completely different circle of friends. But as that would have been 3 or 4 films in I could imagine Emma Watson getting huffy if any limelight was taken off her.
Book Ginny, even though there wasn’t even that much of her, was great! It’s just the films where she was written as this cold damp washcloth. Fully agree on Emma, I bet she had an attitude even as a teen.

Reactions: 9
Book Ginny, even though there wasn’t even that much of her, was great! It’s just the films where she was written as this cold damp washcloth. Fully agree on Emma, I bet she had an attitude even as a teen.
I always got the feeling they took the good bits of book Ginny and gave them to film Hermione. Book Ginny was great.

Reactions: 9
I always got the feeling they took the good bits of book Ginny and gave them to film Hermione. Book Ginny was great.
Everyone (except for Harry) was sacrificed for Hermione in the films. They gave all Ron's best lines to Hermione too and left him standing in the background mostly looking a bit of a drip.
It really annoyed me that Ron was reduced to occasional comic relief so that Hermione could take the lead on everything.

Reactions: 19
They did Ginny and Ron so wrong an I still can't figure out why they did it. Hermione is such a great, balanced character in the books. There are many smart/beautiful/powerful/skilled/likable witches, we didn't need a perfect Hermione at all, especially not at that cost.
They could have used Peeves for comedic relief.

There are way more weak/evil/dumb males in the book than females, anyways. They could have shown more of the quidditch girls for example, as they were all described as pretty strong and cool and talented.

Reactions: 14
They did Ginny and Ron so wrong an I still can't figure out why they did it. Hermione is such a great, balanced character in the books. There are many smart/beautiful/powerful/skilled/likable witches, we didn't need a perfect Hermione at all, especially not at that cost.
They could have used Peeves for comedic relief.

There are way more weak/evil/dumb males in the book than females, anyways. They could have shown more of the quidditch girls for example, as they were all described as pretty strong and cool and talented.

I suspect a part of why film Hermione was made the way she is is a result of her time. It started even in the first book where no girl apart from Hermione actually has lines, the actresses are all just there to make up the numbers. So many films made during that time had one female lead that overrueld anyone else, was the romantic interest, etc. They were children then, but it seems like even for eleven-year olds, they followed that model. Maybe a factor was also that the books weren't even finished at the time, but I think when film one was in the making, it was already clear that Hermione wouldn't end up with Harry. Still we got that fanservice dancing scene of them dancing in the last film.

I agree, book Hermione is way more balanced, she very obviously has some more problematic aspects of character. They all do. But Hermione was made into this amalgamation of all things good, getting the best lines and ideas of everybody else, apart from maybe Harry.
They only stopped short of giving her the "not my daughter, you witch" because they couldn't.

Apparently Emma Watson was a witch to all the other staff and extras that she thought were below her, (no one speaks glowing of her when they have worked on the few films she has done post HP either !) the other main characters were nice to every one.

• Wow
But Hermione was made into this amalgamation of all things good, getting the best lines and ideas of everybody else, apart from maybe Harry.
And yet Watson still played her so abominably.

She and Radcliffe are of the "do impressions of emotions" school of non acting. Smile when the character's happy, scowl when they're angry, but absolutely no sense of embodying a personality, creating mannerisms or exuding any character. I have honestly seen puppets do it better because a good puppeteer can do that. Maybe they should get strings attached and someone can make them halfway passable.

Radcliffe apparently only chooses independent films because he's so artsy. I assumed it was so fewer people would see him embarrassing himself with his crap performances.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Apparently Emma Watson was a witch to all the other staff and extras that she thought were below her, (no one speaks glowing of her when they have worked on the few films she has done post HP either !) the other main characters were nice to every one.
This might explain why she wasn't part of much of the interviews tours for Little Women. Florence Pugh and the other ladies did them but Emma was MIA. I bet they didn't like her.

Reactions: 5
This might explain why she wasn't part of much of the interviews tours for Little Women. Florence Pugh and the other ladies did them but Emma was MIA. I bet they didn't like her.
I know it’s slightly off topic but have you seen her instagram lately? She’s switched from
Performative vanity activism to just posting ‘coy’ pictures of herself 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 2