J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because it is an insult/slur I’ve seen it used in a very derogatory way by a former male friend(who happens to be one of the vilest and nastiest misogynistic cunts I’ve ever met. His tweets regularly feature phrases such as why do the hetty cissys walk so slow and cissy hets are an embarrassment and not “allowed” to like <the thing>(insert musical/tv show/book) because they’re “for the gays”. He doesn’t believe he benefits from white male privilege despite being an able bodied white man who owns a house and car. But the funniest thing is he himself is “cis” seeing as he’s not trans or non binary 😂😂.
Ahh got ya, I didn't realise it actually was used as a insult lol, like I say am so far behind with knowing what all these terms are an the true meaning of them, if they are insults or not, i just like to be simple, male, female and trans, I don't think it should go beyond that

I also think the whole gay/lesbion/bio etc is just stupid as well, to me I don't care what someone's sexuality is and I don't understand why we need to brand someone as being gay/lesbion, maybe is me but when I see someone I don't instantly want to be branding them as straight or gay etc, I just see them as people an so long as they are happy an safe an not being harmed or harming then who gives af if their partner is same sex or opposite sex

Reactions: 7
What's a true trans woman?
Good question. I think over 90% of TIM’s keep their male genitalia. What makes one a ‘true’ or ‘genuine’ trans woman? I think I asked the same question earlier in the thread, but the posters who are speaking on behalf of trans people couldn’t or wouldn’t answer.

Reactions: 11
Because it is an insult/slur I’ve seen it used in a very derogatory way by a former male friend(who happens to be one of the vilest and nastiest misogynistic cunts I’ve ever met. His tweets regularly feature phrases such as why do the hetty cissys walk so slow and cissy hets are an embarrassment and not “allowed” to like <the thing>(insert musical/tv show/book) because they’re “for the gays”. He doesn’t believe he benefits from white male privilege despite being an able bodied white man who owns a house and car. But the funniest thing is he himself is “cis” seeing as he’s not trans or non binary 😂😂.
Just wait until they start on the “cis gays”. They will. The only reason gay men haven’t copped a load of flak for not shagging trans men is because… well, trans men aren’t going to scream and shout about “genital preference” in the same way trans women shout at “cis lesbians”.

Reactions: 9
Just wait until they start on the “cis gays”. They will. The only reason gay men haven’t copped a load of flak for not shagging trans men is because… well, trans men aren’t going to scream and shout about “genital preference” in the same way trans women shout at “cis lesbians”.
All these gender identities. I get so confused. I have to do proper identity arithmetic to work out who the duck the person was originally 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing with the unisex toilet is that I truely believe that if the men who were using the I identify as woman excuse in order to access the womans toilets were still not allowed to access womans toilets because they now come under the new unisex toilet, then they would actually just use the males toilets leaving the unisex toilets properly fully exclusive to the trans community

Right now we don't have unisex so males (real males not trans) will use females to get close to them an then just say they identify as female when questioned so that you cannot force them out, a unisex would put a stop to these men being able to use that excuse because they no longer only have females areas to use, they would come under unisex an be told to use there so straightaway I'd say the vast majority of men would just then go back to using males only

And honestly I couldn't see any trans having a problem with using unisex, I couldn't see real males using it because they are essentially still going be males in the unisex so honestly the unisex would probably be more used for those that generally do identify as opposite sex or are going through the transistion
I think unisex toilets work if they are individual units, like a disabled toilet. We had them at uni and I thought it was easier as then I could use any toilet. I wouldn't be comfortable with unisex toilets that weren't like that and would use a disabled toilet tbh.

Reactions: 6
I’ve worked in a couple of places where the loos were unisex individual cubicles with sink etc inside. There was usually one male, one female and the rest both. And it was completely fine. I’m still against mixed sex facilities in public.

Reactions: 7
When I say unisex toilets I don't mean like a big open area, I'd actually imagine unisex toilets to be like the female toilets where it's all single cubicals with a lock, just some would have a toilet inside them an some would have a urinal inside them, to me I don't see the problem in doing that, you still have privacy with whatever you used an it allows the males an females to be kept for same sex spaces

Reactions: 1
The trouble with those is that it gives men more of an opportunity to install spy-cams than properly segregated loos do. Also, men tend to leave public loos in a terrible state. Then there’s the wider issue of safety. More opportunity to trap women in a cubicle, etc. (It may sound far-fetched, but it happens enough for it to be a concern.)

Reactions: 11
Issues with full cubicle mixed bathrooms

1 in schools groups of boys will hang out and harass girls going to bathroom (this is what teen boys do)
2 men are not as tidy or considerate as women generally and most public mens rooms are disgusting. More disgusting than the womens. It’s not fair to allow them to make everything gross.
3 as with disabled loos, people going in them together to have sex/take drugs. The gaps were to see how many feet in clubs etc.
Many issues fixed by keeping single sex.

At private workplaces where there is generally better behaviour I suppose it could work.

The trouble with those is that it gives men more of an opportunity to install spy-cams than properly segregated loos do. Also, men tend to leave public loos in a terrible state. Then there’s the wider issue of safety. More opportunity to trap women in a cubicle, etc. (It may sound far-fetched, but it happens enough for it to be a concern.)
Snap!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My kids school have the individual self contained unisex toilets with the sink in. Neither of them would use the loo at school because they were always in a disgusting state as a lot of boys and men, for some reason, don’t have the same etiquette for using toilet facilities. Many years ago, I also used the mens facilities in a nightclub and they were disgusting. Literally everything was wet. It was as if the men just went into the toilet, got their dick out then pissed on everything they could find, regardless of what it was. I don’t think making all toilets unisex would work, regardless of whether they were self contained or not. There are also many men (not just transsexuals but some) who have a fetish for pissing in places they’re not supposed not to. There are a few videos on Twitter of trans women in women’s toilets, either in the cubicle or in front of the mirrors and sink, filming themselves having a piss over everything.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
There would still be male an female toilets though, am not saying get rid of the male an female an replace them with unisex, the unisex would just be a new 3rd option for those that wish to use it that don't identify as either sex, and males can be kept as male sex only just like female will be kept as female sex only

with this new law coming out then we are basically going to turn ALL female spaces into males areas which I for one do not want, why the hell should I be giving up a safe space where I am at my most vulnerable because men who still have a dick an have NO desire to even identify as female can now be allowed to use them an trash them and not be thrown out because you cannot do that so long as they say "I am female"

Woman deserve the right to be safe an not have creeps an pervs walk through the door, by making a 3rd unisex option then you are keeping the door closed for all these weirdos because if they cannot use a female area then chances are they will just go to the males an ignore the unisex since females probably wouldn't even use those anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So, I read through a lot of this thread as a newcomer to this forum. It's so refreshing to see that most if not all are on JK's side. She's a lioness of a woman and I totally support her and understand what she is saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What's a true trans woman?
People that transitioned many years ago having undergone therapy and to which the original GRA bill was designed for. They are living quietly in the background just wanting to get on with their life. They are not seeking to deny woman's rights. The quote above was from a lengthy reply so taken on its own is out of context.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The problem with the third space option is that whole women are mostly accepting of it TRAs aren’t. They want total access and control of womens spaces and nothing less.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hate unisex toilets. Trying to deal with having another nightmare period while balancing my bag on my lap while hovering over the toilet, trying to not let anything but my feet touch the pee covered stinking surfaces while I juggle pads and tampons. I would love not to be a woman. Funnily enough I haven’t imagined myself out of it with a man brain yet.

Also - public toilets for women are not a very old invention. Prior to them, it was hard for women to partake in public life. I’m done with budging up for men. FFS we’ve hardly had much space at the best of times - take a look at the lines outside women’s toilets at any events.

In other topical news - the Maya Forstater case this week is very interesting. Cheering her and her team along.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've got lost reading some gamers thoughts on JK and it's bananas to me:

Should You Play Hogwarts Legacy If You Care About Your Trans Friends?

What could have been an exciting time for life-long Harry Potter fans has become a moral quagmire thanks to JK Rowling’s unwavering commitment to the persecution of transgender people. Now that Rowling has become the figurehead of a hate group, we can’t just buy a Harry Potter game without grappling with the social and ethical ramifications of supporting her media empire.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

What could have been an exciting time for life-long Harry Potter fans has become a moral quagmire thanks to JK Rowling’s unwavering commitment to the persecution of transgender people. Now that Rowling has become the figurehead of a hate group, we can’t just buy a Harry Potter game without grappling with the social and ethical ramifications of supporting her media empire.

So we have all to ignore all the work the devs have tirelessly done because they took a world she created even though she had nothing to do with the actual game itself, an I dare say she no longer needs to relay on the HP franchise anymore given that she's made her money, she could retire tomorrow if she wanted to an still live a comfortable life, plus she does have success with other things outside of HP

Next they will be crying that it doesn't have the freedom to pick your own genitals on the game so it must be transphobic because they don't support being able to be a mix of whatever you want 🙄

Reactions: 6

From JKR essay, in full in her website.

"I believe the majority of trans-identified people not only pose zero threat to others, but are vulnerable for all the reasons I’ve outlined. Trans people need and deserve protection. Like women, they’re most likely to be killed by sexual partners. Trans women who work in the sex industry, particularly trans women of colour, are at particular risk. Like every other domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor I know, I feel nothing but empathy and solidarity with trans women who’ve been abused by men.

So I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe. When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman – and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones – then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth."

These are the words of the figurehead of a "hate group" apparently. Men really do not like being told no do they. Because the issue here is not trans people but loopholes in the law that can and are being exploited by those that wish to harm women. How difficult is that to understand?

A hospital told the police that a patient could not have been raped because her alleged attacker was trans, the House of Lords has heard.

The attack took place a year ago and the woman reported it but when officers contacted the hospital, which has not been named, they were told “that there was no male in the hospital, therefore the rape could not have happened”.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

Oh, those moral Quagmires…. 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.