J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emma Watson is obnoxious but I thought she said “by the way”, not “bar one”?

I’m deaf so I have some lip reading experience 😄

Reactions: 9
Emma Watson is obnoxious but I thought she said “by the way”, not “bar one”?

I’m deaf so I have some lip reading experience 😄
Yeah on second viewing I thought it was ‘by the way’. But without sound looks like bar one.

Reactions: 1
Yeah on second viewing I thought it was ‘by the way’. But without sound looks like bar one.
I can't get over the hair and makeup 😂 Those brows! The flat hair with bobby pins! Definitely a flop of a look. I can't stand her but some of her previous red carpet hair dos and make up have been lovely. Looks like someone had no time to do a proper look this time.

Whether she said by the way or bar one, she's a sanctimonious tit.

Reactions: 9
This is my final post in this thread. But I just want to sign off by saying I find it ironic that many posters here are berating people for being unable to see anybody else’s point of view but their own as that is exactly the way some of those same posters behave themselves.

A little more trying to see both sides goes a long way to solving most problems. And, while I agree with much of what JK Rowling says, I feel that now she too is falling victim to tunnel vision on the issue.

I firmly believe there there is unhelpful extremism, unfairness and silliness on both sides of the debate and, from my brief foray into this thread, I feel more pessimistic than ever that any kind of resolution will be found.

I’m a straight woman and I fully understand than a vocal minority of transwomen are not doing their situation any favours. But I also believe that there are many transwomen who genuinely do identify as women and really don’t deserve to be equated with rapists and abusers.
I am not sure if the last line is trolling or what you actually believe and if it is it shows an exceptionally narrow view of a wide issue. I am a guy which i have never hid when talking about gender issues. I have a daughter as well as a partner who believes strongly with the majority of this thread. She works with people who have suffered abuse from males as well as woman in the criminal justice system. Like a lot of woman in these types of fields she has to keep a low profile.

It is not about all transwoman being rapists but here is some things as a guy I don't have to face

- NHS call me a male/men when they talk about things like prostrate cancer or other things they don't reduce me to a bleeder, uterus haver or some other obnoixious thing. There will be trans men and non binary men buy hey language is not being changed for them
- sports we do not face losing places/prize money or anything else if a trans men tries to compete as physically they cannot
- Yes there are men shelter's, mens online help groups, and the like but I can guarantee that no trans men is demanding access to these spaces or having the conversation taking away from the group to suit their agenda

Whilst you get the odd violent women, women that sexually assaults they probably equate to less than 0.1% of all crimes of this kind. Men are 99.9% behind this so yes woman need their spaces for just woman. The majority of true trans woman are quite happy with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Interesting to see that said flouncing poster has been sharing some very mild but noticeably un-feminist opinions on another thread. So there’s no point carrying on the debate with someone who shows such disdain for women and girls 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I agree. Especially at awards shows. Take/present the award, thank god/your parents/your cat then duck off 😆
Thet reminds me of Ricky Gervais when he hosted an award show:

It’s the last time, who cares? Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. Well, you say you’re woke but the companies you work for in China — unbelievable. Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?

So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and duck off, OK?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This is my final post in this thread. But I just want to sign off by saying I find it ironic that many posters here are berating people for being unable to see anybody else’s point of view but their own as that is exactly the way some of those same posters behave themselves.

A little more trying to see both sides goes a long way to solving most problems. And, while I agree with much of what JK Rowling says, I feel that now she too is falling victim to tunnel vision on the issue.

I firmly believe there there is unhelpful extremism, unfairness and silliness on both sides of the debate and, from my brief foray into this thread, I feel more pessimistic than ever that any kind of resolution will be found.

I’m a straight woman and I fully understand than a vocal minority of transwomen are not doing their situation any favours. But I also believe that there are many transwomen who genuinely do identify as women and really don’t deserve to be equated with rapists and abusers.
Transwoman aren't necessarily rapists and abusers just as 'cis' men aren't necessarily rapists and abusers. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't safeguard against male on female violence.

Reactions: 15
'Cis' men broadly understand why women need their own spaces, and vice versa too. When the transgender issue comes into it though these unsaid reasons end up having to be spelt out because many pro-trans activists simply ignore or dismiss them. Consequently, to them it sounds like all trans people are being vilified or put under suspicion, which isn't the case.

Reactions: 8
Talking about unisex spaces, interesting observation by an "influencer" today, and one which I agree with. Alex Steadman (The Frugality) who generally makes me eye roll myself into oblivion, said that whilst using a unisex toilet yesterday a man commented on her reapplying her make up, saying she didn't need to wear it. She made the point that a) she didn't ask for his opinion in the first place and b) she didn't think that he would have said that if she had not been alone or if she'd been outside of the confines of the toilet area. Yet another casual example of men making women feel uncomfortable in what should be a safe space. It's this kind of behaviour by cis (I hate this term but using for clarity) men, for me, that is intrinsically linked to why the vast majority of cis women don't want to use unisex toilets or have transwomen in their toilets.

As another example I was in a music venue a few weeks ago which has a unisex toilet. I put my head around the door a couple of times just to see if women were in there using it. Plenty of men in there but no women. What a surprise eh?

Reactions: 16
The thing with the unisex toilet is that I truely believe that if the men who were using the I identify as woman excuse in order to access the womans toilets were still not allowed to access womans toilets because they now come under the new unisex toilet, then they would actually just use the males toilets leaving the unisex toilets properly fully exclusive to the trans community

Right now we don't have unisex so males (real males not trans) will use females to get close to them an then just say they identify as female when questioned so that you cannot force them out, a unisex would put a stop to these men being able to use that excuse because they no longer only have females areas to use, they would come under unisex an be told to use there so straightaway I'd say the vast majority of men would just then go back to using males only

And honestly I couldn't see any trans having a problem with using unisex, I couldn't see real males using it because they are essentially still going be males in the unisex so honestly the unisex would probably be more used for those that generally do identify as opposite sex or are going through the transistion

Reactions: 4
I’m trying to think of a suitable ‘half blood Prince’ pun for thread 6. ‘Cross dressed Bunce’?

Reactions: 3
I’m trying to think of a suitable ‘half blood Prince’ pun for thread 6. ‘Cross dressed Bunce’?
My suggestion made earlier in the thread had 18 likes so we could go with this:
J.K. Rowling #6 JK and the Half-Baked TRAs

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's this kind of behaviour by cis (I hate this term but using for clarity) men, for me, that is intrinsically linked to why the vast majority of cis women don't want to use unisex toilets or have transwomen in their toilets.
I completely agree with you but also - your use of cis which I also hate - you’re right - we’re almost being forced into it for ‘clarity’ purposes, which shows how bad it’s got!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I completely agree with you but also - your use of cis which I also hate - you’re right - we’re almost being forced into it for ‘clarity’ purposes, which shows how bad it’s got!
When I'm feeling ballsy I just go with "real women". Gets right under their skin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I refuse to use all these ridiculous names they keep coming up with, "cis" just sounds like a insult tbh, every week there's some new term to use, I should be allowed to call myself female an nothing else, no terms or stupid names an not feel like using the term female is wrong, if my neice comes up to me an says "am a pretty girl" then ill be sure to allow her to know she IS a pretty GIRL and not allow all these ridiculous terms to take that away from her or to confuse her into thinking its wrong to say that or she shouldn't be calling herself a girl

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I refuse to use all these ridiculous names they keep coming up with, "cis" just sounds like a insult tbh, every week there's some new term to use, I should be allowed to call myself female an nothing else, no terms or stupid names an not feel like using the term female is wrong, if my neice comes up to me an says "am a pretty girl" then ill be sure to allow her to know she IS a pretty GIRL and not allow all these ridiculous terms to take that away from her or to confuse her into thinking its wrong to say that or she shouldn't be calling herself a girl
Because it is an insult/slur I’ve seen it used in a very derogatory way by a former male friend(who happens to be one of the vilest and nastiest misogynistic cunts I’ve ever met. His tweets regularly feature phrases such as why do the hetty cissys walk so slow and cissy hets are an embarrassment and not “allowed” to like <the thing>(insert musical/tv show/book) because they’re “for the gays”. He doesn’t believe he benefits from white male privilege despite being an able bodied white man who owns a house and car. But the funniest thing is he himself is “cis” seeing as he’s not trans or non binary 😂😂.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.