J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a reason women don’t want to use gender neutrals toilets. We don’t feel safe.

The government are even asking for evidence on the matter.

In recent years, there has been a trend towards the removal of well-established male-only/female-only spaces when premises are built or refurbished, and they have often been replaced with gender-neutral toilets. This places women at a significant disadvantage. While men can then use both cubicles and urinals, women can only use the former, and women also need safe spaces given their particular health and sanitary needs (for example, women who are menstruating, pregnant or at menopause, may need to use the toilet more often).

Women are also likely to feel less comfortable using mixed sex facilities, and require more space.”
Makes sense. I don't like them either... when I asked myself why, I suppose it's because old habits die hard.

I've never shared toilets with women in the past and I don't want to in the future. I'm obviously not scared of women, but I just prefer not to be in the same loos as them. It'd just feel strange.

Reactions: 11
Well, I was just saying I support having gender neutral toilets in addition to male and female toilets.

I just remember some people at work not liking the idea of gender neutral loos, even though they're free not to use them.
I know, I wasn't having a go. Just adding my thoughts to the discussion on gender neutral toilets. I see they're the norm in some places (replaced M/F) and this is hailed as progressive but many women disagree

Reactions: 15
Well, I was just saying I support having gender neutral toilets in addition to male and female toilets.

I just remember some people at work not liking the idea of gender neutral loos, even though they're free not to use them.
Yes I support the use of 3rd spaces, as well as single sex spaces. I wonder how many trans activists would use them, considering a lot of them just seem to get off on intimidating women in their spaces and have no interest in 3rd spaces. I'm not including the tiny group of people who have been around since time immemorial with GD who just want to get on with their lives unintimidated, but the Jonathon Yaniv's of this world., the cross dressers, the MRA's and Incels who have jumped on the Trans rights bandwagon.

Reactions: 20
Yes I support the use of 3rd spaces, as well as single sex spaces. I wonder how many trans activists would use them, considering a lot of them just seem to get off on intimidating women in their spaces and have no interest in 3rd spaces. I'm not including the tiny group of people who have been around since time immemorial with GD who just want to get on with their lives unintimidated, but the Jonathon Yaniv's of this world., the cross dressers, the MRA's and Incels who have jumped on the Trans rights bandwagon.
Many of them don’t want another space. They find it validating to use the single sex spaces they want to use.

Reactions: 13
Many of them don’t want another space. They find it validating to use the single sex spaces they want to use.
That doesn't override women's rights to feel safe in their own space though. If it was an issue of safety, that trans women don't feel safe walking into the men's toilets ( understandably, a, at a guess, I'd say all violence against trans women is committed by men, contrary to what the TRA's say when they decide to intimidate women and call them TERFS) then gender neutral spaces or single cubicles is the answer to that. Not hurting the feelings of 1% of the population is not a reason for taking away the rights of 51% of the population

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I do actually understand why you feel all that. Plus I accept that, as a man, it's easy for me say things about the subject because I'm less affected by it.

We do have some gender neutral toilets at work - though of course we also have male and female toilets, too.

I think hardly anyone uses the gender neutral toilets, though. I guess most are happy to stick to the toilets they've always used. But I thought it was a good idea that they installed the unisex toilets for those who feel safer using them. I'm all about choice.
So I agree that gender neutral toilets are a somewhat good idea in theory, but somewhat pointless if transwomen (males) are starting to get a free pass to get into the womens (female) toilets. Given that this is still being considered might as well have only gender neutral loos and tell every kind of men and women they must pee in the same place. It would amount to the same thing (male+female together).

Reactions: 10
I think all of us want trans people with gender dysphoria to live a happy life too. The problem is that the trans umbrella has now increased to mean cross dressers and those activists are harmful to actual trans people with GD. I follow a lot of trans people who feel this way too
This is the crux of a lot of the current problems. If we were only talking about people with GD most of these issues wouldn't arise. Now you can wear a skirt half the week and declare yourself a woman.

Reactions: 15
Hey! I’m a JK fan and massive HP nerd, though to my shame I’ve yet to read the Strike series (did enjoy it on tv though, one day I’ll get round to reading it...)

I’ve been following the discussion on this thread for a while and thought it time to join in. I was worried this thread would be anti-JK, as per Twitter, so pleasantly surprised it’s more nuanced. Twitter has been a shitshow.

I think people should be able to live their life in peace and be able to express themselves without fear of attack as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. I imagine It must be a difficult thing if struggling with gender dysphoria.

I read her essay and response and I don’t think she’s transphobic at all. I felt awful for her when she was piled on with hateful tweets, the people tweeting that stuff out are just not willing to listen to reason.

I’m bi and came under fire in 2018 for a response I made to an article on Twitter that said ‘women attracted to their same sex should also include trans women’ and was told that a penis on a trans women is ‘feminine’ (yes, somebody honestly said that to me). I’ve been called a bigot, transphobic, threatened with their ‘girldick’, told I should set myself on fire, had pictures of anime characters pointing guns and saying ‘die terf’, and been told I’m invalidating their identity because I’m not attracted to them.

I was told that if someone says they are a woman I should believe them and include them in my dating pool, that sexual attraction is based on gender not sex, but even though they say all these things they’ll say ‘we’re not saying you have to date a trans woman, we’re just saying you’re a bigot if you don’t’. Look up ‘cotton ceiling’, it’s horrendous.

When I ask what the gender of a woman (if a woman isn’t a woman based on sex, then how do you define a woman?) I was blocked or again told if a person says they are a woman they are a woman.

I know trans people in real life and they are nothing like those people you encounter in those types of arguments. They just want to be quietly accepted and live their lives in the mundane ways some of us take for granted.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hey! I’m a JK fan and massive HP nerd, though to my shame I’ve yet to read the Strike series (did enjoy it on tv though, one day I’ll get round to reading it...)

I’ve been following the discussion on this thread for a while and thought it time to join in. I was worried this thread would be anti-JK, as per Twitter, so pleasantly surprised it’s more nuanced. Twitter has been a shitshow.

I think people should be able to live their life in peace and be able to express themselves without fear of attack as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. I imagine It must be a difficult thing if struggling with gender dysphoria.

I read her essay and response and I don’t think she’s transphobic at all. I felt awful for her when she was piled on with hateful tweets, the people tweeting that stuff out are just not willing to listen to reason.

I’m bi and came under fire in 2018 for a response I made to an article on Twitter that said ‘women attracted to their same sex should also include trans women’ and was told that a penis on a trans women is ‘feminine’ (yes, somebody honestly said that to me). I’ve been called a bigot, transphobic, threatened with their ‘girldick’, told I should set myself on fire, had pictures of anime characters pointing guns and saying ‘die terf’, and been told I’m invalidating their identity because I’m not attracted to them.

I was told that if someone says they are a woman I should believe them and include them in my dating pool, that sexual attraction is based on gender not sex, but even though they say all these things they’ll say ‘we’re not saying you have to date a trans woman, we’re just saying you’re a bigot if you don’t’. Look up ‘cotton ceiling’, it’s horrendous.

When I ask what the gender of a woman (if a woman isn’t a woman based on sex, then how do you define a woman?) I was blocked or again told if a person says they are a woman they are a woman.

I know trans people in real life and they are nothing like those people you encounter in those types of arguments. They just want to be quietly accepted and live their lives in the mundane ways some of us take for granted.
welcome to the woke left, they rarely make sense and wokies base their arguments on feelings not logic or facts. They are also some of the worst homophobes and racists

Reactions: 21
That’s exactly it, they don’t see how their views are homophobic. The amount of circular arguments that I had... none of their arguments made sense, and when they realised that they couldn’t logically explain their thought processes they blocked you.

Reactions: 21
That’s exactly it, they don’t see how their views are homophobic. The amount of circular arguments that I had... none of their arguments made sense, and when they realised that they couldn’t logically explain their thought processes they blocked you.
every single time.

Reactions: 12

One section of the building I work was refurbished and they added gender neutral in addition to male and female loos - as far a I am aware, the gender neutral ones hardly get used but as you say, a choice is nice, IF females and males can still keep the segregated loos as well. Hopefully as buildings get refurbished these neutral loos can be added in addition, rather than replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Also, speaking of Blaire White- BW has a full on bimbofication fetish and is hardly comparable to most transwomen.

I'll also just leave this here:
TERFS always look like men!

What a curious statement, Does it make any sense at all?

so derogatory towards presumably men, and also perhaps to women who cant be bothered to wear make up and get dressed up in 'female' style clothes!

Or maybe they are also including in the insult, transmen who dress up in female clothes, but the beard or facial hair is a a bit of a giveaway!

Surely it shouldnt matter what people look like?

Reactions: 16
I think it's telling that Blaire's idea of a woman is a certain type, I.e loads of plastic surgery and the doll look. They reveal so much in who they are with their statements

Reactions: 23
TERFS always look like men!

What a curious statement, Does it make any sense at all?

so derogatory towards presumably men, and also perhaps to women who cant be bothered to wear make up and get dressed up in 'female' style clothes!

Or maybe they are also including in the insult, transmen who dress up in female clothes, but the beard or facial hair is a a bit of a giveaway!

Surely it shouldnt matter what people look like?
that's also a lie, i've seen lots of terfs on twitter getting deplatformed and they don't look like men..

Reactions: 8
And I don't remotely look like a man. In Blaire's eyes not being pumped full of filler and plastic probably equates to looking like a man. Pure projection

Reactions: 18
I think it's telling that Blaire's idea of a woman is a certain type, I.e loads of plastic surgery and the doll look. They reveal so much in who they are with their statements
they're always so fillered and plastic surgeried in an attempt to look like young girls and dolls. it's weird. and yes, you can tell who is trans or not because of their voices. their voices are always distinctly male.

Reactions: 19

And its shocking that more organisations are not standing up for you but the likes of Stonewall who used to not include trans people under their umbrella are now silent on the issue. That's because there is a huge trans industry now that generates millions of pounds for the likes of them to advice on idiotic. Sadly its just more misogyny for you to put up with and I would love to know how many trans women the likes of Daniel Radcliffe or Rupert Grint have dated or indeed they would because guys do not have to put up with that.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.