J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These sound bleeping ridiculous. Also I've always used 'guys' as a general term for addressing a group. Guys IS gender neutral.
Exactly. Guys is a good way to avoid sounding Victorian by saying ā€œgentlemenā€ and ā€œladiesā€. Guys is already gender neutral. These new terms donā€™t make sense anyway, by having 2 terms ā€œgentlethemsā€ and ā€œtheydiesā€ they are just rehashing one term that sounds like gentlemen and one that sounds like ladies. So, still separating into ā€œgendersā€ lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Letā€™s see what tit occurs on International Womenā€™s Day. I work in an NHS organisation and itā€™s been fully stonewalled. Pronouns are bigger than covid!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I'm sure Jameela and the usual handmaidens will be on hand to centre trans women

Something like 'as a privileged cis het woman with amazing skin and the bank balance to be able to buy good products I have no idea how difficult it is for our trans sisters who have it harder than any other woman on the planet. I am grateful for them for being true stunning and brave pioneers and leading the way in feminist causes. Shout out to our trans sisters on this #IWD, without them nothing is possible'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I'm sure Jameela and the usual handmaidens will be on hand to centre trans women

Something like 'as a privileged cis het woman with amazing skin and the bank balance to be able to buy good products I have no idea how difficult it is for our trans sisters who have it harder than any other woman on the planet. I am grateful for them for being true stunning and brave pioneers and leading the way in feminist causes. Shout out to our trans sisters on this #IWD, without them nothing is possible'
Ugh, itā€™s going to be just like that šŸ¤£šŸ˜¦

Reactions: 6

Oh, sheā€™s already getting warmed up
6CB5C44B-8AC0-48DC-923C-43C23B406088.jpeg

In happier news All On the Board have renamed the tube stations in a Harry Potter theme for World Book Day and the comments that I read on Facebook were all positive!
Oh wow, I love that! Good to hear about the positive comments too

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm sorry but Jameela Jamil is one the most unintelligent people on this godforsaken planet. She is the absolute definition of a handmaid.
Our desperation for prescribed gender norms? Wow. Our whole point is that you can be who you want, wear what you want, look how you want, and not be restrained by what 'gender' says you should be or do. That doesn't change your biological sex. It's gender that is the problem, not sex. And it's not us who started arguing that sex and gender are the same thing, is it? That's a TRA notion.
It's her and people who think like her who are the anti-progressives. So scared to see boys in dresses or girls playing football that they have to argue they have a load of damaging surgery to 'correct' their 'wrong' bodies rather than just get on with it in their own skin. Repulsive.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
In happier news All On the Board have renamed the tube stations in a Harry Potter theme for World Book Day and the comments that I read on Facebook were all positive!
The beautiful world JK Rowling has created and the power of Potter cannot be cancelled!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Has anyone read the Strike books? Iā€™m on book 4 and itā€™s taken over my life!
Iā€™m always a big jk fan. I started reading Harry Potter at 11 and it really encouraged my love of reading. I never read anything before. Wish I could read them for the first time all over again.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone read the Strike books? Iā€™m on book 4 and itā€™s taken over my life!
Iā€™m always a big jk fan. I started reading Harry Potter at 11 and it really encouraged my love of reading. I never read anything before. Wish I could read them for the first time all over again.
Yes!! I am such a huge fan. I also feel like I wish I could start again. I think sheā€™s working on another one so I am eagerly waiting! I feel like I would queue for one like I did with Harry Potter haha.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve listened to them all on audiobook, Robert Glenister does a fabulous job narrating.

As a child, JK really spoke to me through Harry Potter. Now as an adult she speaks to me through Strike. Robin in particular is such a real character to me.

Iā€™ve listened to them all on audiobook, Robert Glenister does a fabulous job narrating.

As a child, JK really spoke to me through Harry Potter. Now as an adult she speaks to me through Strike. Robin in particular is such a real character to me.
Yes exactly I am loving the audiobooks Iā€™m hooked Iā€™m on book 4! Have to wait for the kids to be out of eat shot ;)

Yes!! I am such a huge fan. I also feel like I wish I could start again. I think sheā€™s working on another one so I am eagerly waiting! I feel like I would queue for one like I did with Harry Potter haha.
Ha ha oh me too looks like September time I reckon ! Apparently she has lots of strike books coming ;)

Reactions: 5
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.