J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been struggling with bipolar premenstrual disorder and honestly I have no problem with trans women. I’ve had no avenue testing my femininity and as a lesbian I’ve not been berated about my sexuality. What are you guys so worried about ?
"I'm all right, Jack" :oops:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
From the Lucy and Yak OFFICIAL Facebook group (the old one was run by fans but this is ran by paid moderators and admins).

Screenshot_20210303-162901_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-162714_Facebook.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
From the Lucy and Yak OFFICIAL Facebook group (the old one was run by fans but this is ran by paid moderators and admins).

View attachment 465055
View attachment 465056
I wanted one of their dungarees but I’ll now make my own thanks! (I bought a sewing machine in a bit of a panic in lockdown number one, justified that it would keep me busy 😂 ) I am sick of being preached at to change my language by clothing brands and period product brands and influencers and food companies.

Reactions: 17
Lucy & Yak and their dungarees can believe anything they want, but a fashion brand telling people what pronouns to train their phone to use? It’s like a weird late stage capitalism version of 1984!

Shame they can’t extend their “do not bully, harrass or malign” rule (which is a good one) to include gender critical feminists. Misogyny at its finest.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 465065

That is quite chilling.
To me that reads as suggesting we’ve been groomed or programmed as children with thoughts of TERFNESS and that we need reprogramming. We’re not bloody robots!

ETA: I can’t get over the patronising way this is being done, treating people like idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Well that's me never buying anything from Lucy and Yak again. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 14
Not that I would have bought anything from them, but I definitely won’t now! Idiots.

Reactions: 12
I do wonder though with them forcing language to be 100% gender neutral, how on earth are the poor wee transwomen supposed to get their daily dose of validation now? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 18
“Some of you will know it was a team full of men in the beginning. We have spent many mornings and evenings with Ismail and his family, over cups of chai talking about why women in the workplace would make a huge difference.”
“This was also something we were waiting for, with the new factory built we can now start to train and employ women from the village. We haven’t been out to India since June, so you wouldn’t believe our excitement when we got some photos from Ismail last week, of our very first women tailors; Anita and Goody. He also has 3 female checkers now too, working in the factory.”

What changed since 2018?

Reactions: 7
Apart from the confusion I have about how on earth, human biology and science can be ignored.. and both men and women can now apparently give birth to gender neutral children......

In sheer SPAG terms.......Spelling /Punctuation and Grammar..........
If you programme..... he and she to autocorrect to they
It doesnt make sense grammatically. he and she are singular...therefore if you want to be grammatically correct it should be it. I assume that it isnt appropriate because it makes it sound people like things, but.....its either he she or it....not they !!

eg Elliot Page is an actor that plays Vanya Hargreves in the Umbrella academy. It has previously acted in films like The X men.
This sentence makes grammatical sense.

If you write: Elliot Page is an actor that plays Vanya Hargreves in the Umbrella academy. They has previously acted in films like The X men.
It is grammatically incorrect.

You can say he has, she has, it has,
but if it goes to they ..you cant say ...they has, we has, etc...

Reactions: 11
I nearly bought from Lucy and Yak the other day...also didn’t they face backlash fairly recently about not being size inclusive for larger women? Which it seems like they’ve done nothing about at all. Oh, but inclusivity is of course important as hell when it comes to gender woo. Lord give me strength.

Reactions: 15
Also they literally used she/her so many times regarding this girl on their other page 3 days ago 😂 Virtue signalling at its absolute finest, I must say

20210303_182902.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hogwarts Legacy game will let you create a ‘trans character’

This isn’t a new thing for video games at all, you have been able to do this in The Sims for literally years and it’s not a big deal. It’s only a big deal in this game because of JKR’s essay last year. Personally I couldn’t care less, let people be creative in an RPG video game - that’s what it’s all about. I doubt it will actually affect the story in any way so what ever. I’m gonna stick to my female character with a female body and voice but others can mix and match as they please if they find that validating...

What I hate is that in any article about the game, it always circles back to JKR’s so called ‘transphobic’ comments. Yet they never give an example of her ‘transphobia’ and of course they must reiterate that she has nothing to do with the production of the game (no tit, she’s an author not a game developer). It honestly makes me laugh how they are constantly tying themselves in knots trying to justify consuming her IP whilst they apparently dislike her so much.

No, she doesn’t have anything to do with the game, but she will certainly be making £££ from it since it’s her IP. So you TRA’s can cry all you want about how transphobic she is and how you’re going to burn her books or what ever. But if you buy this game, you are just putting money back in her pocket again, so enjoy that. I certainly will.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
More Lucy and Yak fuckery
Screenshot_20210304-121212_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-121329_Facebook.jpg

"Gentlethems and Theydies"
"Thanks so much for learning with us 🥰"
"LiTeraLy EveRy woRd StArTs oUt NoT bEinG a WORD 🙄"

What. The. duck.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.