J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t think of anything more fundamentally, more deeply and viscerally female than giving birth.

Reactions: 24
There is just no consistency with these people. How dare they try to object to the word mother and take it away from women.

Oh and 'Freddie' is particularly loathsome as she was extremely disparaging about mothers who objected to 'birthing parents' on the Sands UK tweet. But she actually went to court to be called a 'father', a term she had no right to as someone who gave birth. Ironic and hypocritical in the extreme.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
At least the court told Freddie to piss off, and that they had no right to insist on falsifying a legal document belonging to their child.

Poor kid.

Reactions: 17
I'm so glad they did. A birth cert doesn't belong to you Freddie, you narcissistic piece of crap

Reactions: 12

Her husband with a fat fetish is now trans and says he is a lesbian.
Holy tit. I used to follow her on Buzzfeed (until I realised what a pile of shite Buzzfeed is). I cannot believe that women have been gaslit to the extent that they think they have to accept this.

Reactions: 15
At 14:27 you can see her lift her shoulders to pretend to laugh.

He talks about how being a woman is a lot of work e.g.hair/make up etc... how does he not see how sexist that is? Implying that being a woman means doing your hair and makeup.
Kristin even permed is hair for him for the video.
Urgh.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I watched an episode of Naked Attraction over Christmas with a trans man looking for a woman. The usual journey of confused teenager, comes out as a lesbian, then later decides he’s been ‘living in the wrong body’ and starts transitioning to be a straight man. Seemed very nice and open about it all. Came to the unveiling and he hadn’t had bottom surgery so still had a vulva and vagina because he wanted to have a baby ‘naturally’. WHAAAAT?!
Then the woman on the date actually said she wasn’t sure about the fact he had female genitals as she had only been with men- she was a straight woman. She was obv open minded about it as she knew he was trans but still, felt a bit off.
I wonder how many trans men were lesbians before transitioning compared to straight? How many gay men would be happy with a trans man who is lacking a penis and is still biologically female? Sort of ties in with Naked Attraction with the straight woman being put with a trans man who still has female genitals but can’t imagine it done the other way round.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Poor Kristin. Her self esteem must be in the toilet
I used to watch Buzzfeed’s “Ladylike” channel back in the day. Apparently the women on the show were overworked to the point of hospitalisation, not supported by Buzzfeed etc. Kristen seems to have been mistreated for a very long time by her employer and so called friends. And now this.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have found my people!

If anyone hasn’t yet, please do read the Robert Galbraith books. I got all of them in October and have finished all of them already. She really is a fantastic writer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I can’t bring myself to watch the video but The comments are distressingly fawning, and I’m sure any question as to how Kristin is coping with no longer having a husband would be deleted and/or attacked. Because the focus has to be on gushing about how awesome her partner is. When I have watched her stuff in the past it’s evident she had low self esteem too.

edited to add: there’s an ovarit thread discussing this and the impact on her I have discovered. Not sure if I can link here though. Easy to find on the homepage In case anyone was interested!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I have found my people!

If anyone hasn’t yet, please do read the Robert Galbraith books. I got all of them in October and have finished all of them already. She really is a fantastic writer.
I agree that JK is a great writer. Her style is very engaging and readable. I haven't read the last book in this series yet so might give it a go.

There were some idiots tweeting a while back that she had to hide behind a male persona to get anyone to buy her books🙄 you know the ones who call her out for everything on Twitter 😒
They failed to grasp that its quite common for writers to use different names when they publish in different genres and she did it so that the books would stand alone and not be compared to Harry Potter.

Reactions: 14
I have found my people!

I’m currently listening to the third book on Audible. (I find the narrator very good!)

You can tell her style has matured with the Strike books. Not just from the subject matter(s), for which I suspect she does an incredible amount of research, but also the way is writes is more mature.

I actually watched the tv series adaptations of the first two books before reading them. While the tv shows is good (and the actors are great casting) they’re a bit short in length and you just get so much more detail from the books. I love her almost ‘overly descriptive’ way of writing and of course, her characters are so incredibly fleshed out, not a detail missed. They must be like real people to her as she knows them so well. Robin in particular is a fabulous character who I feel I can relate to a lot.

Reactions: 6
I’m currently listening to the third book on Audible. (I find the narrator very good!)

You can tell her style has matured with the Strike books. Not just from the subject matter(s), for which I suspect she does an incredible amount of research, but also the way is writes is more mature.

I actually watched the tv series adaptations of the first two books before reading them. While the tv shows is good (and the actors are great casting) they’re a bit short in length and you just get so much more detail from the books. I love her almost ‘overly descriptive’ way of writing and of course, her characters are so incredibly fleshed out, not a detail missed. They must be like real people to her as she knows them so well. Robin in particular is a fabulous character who I feel I can relate to a lot.
Yes, I absolutely relate to her! I wish they showed more of her actual character in the series. I feel, like you said, they’re too shortened. I really love getting inside both of their heads as well. You can absolutely tell how much research she’s done, and I love her for it.

I agree that JK is a great writer. Her style is very engaging and readable. I haven't read the last book in this series yet so might give it a go.

There were some idiots tweeting a while back that she had to hide behind a male persona to get anyone to buy her books🙄 you know the ones who call her out for everything on Twitter 😒
They failed to grasp that its quite common for writers to use different names when they publish in different genres and she did it so that the books would stand alone and not be compared to Harry Potter.
Oh definitely read the last one, I actually said ‘you are KIDDING ME!!’ Out loud when I read the big reveal. Genuinely such a good writer!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.