J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I've seen it described as "cruelty" to not use she pronouns towards Eddie

Cruelty= FGM

Not cruelty= Describing a white wealthy man as he

Also, it's funny how woman is a dirty word and if you use it to describe women and womens health problems you're a TERF or a transphobe. But its cruelty to not use she towards a man.

Honestly, the damage from this messed up ideology will take years to undo

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Has Eddie Izzard actually said this himself about the pronouns or is it other people jumping on the bandwagon? Always thought Eddie was not that bothered by it?

obviously someone has been busy on Wikipedia as it is full of she this and she that but the funny thing is that it reads wrong as you would not continually use he/she it would be interspersed with they, their given name and other words for it to flow better.

the nonsense thing is type Eddie Izzard into google and it’s all he and himself etc......thankfully as any famous person has far too much stuff in the internet the thought police cannot alter all of history yet.

Reactions: 3
Eddie Izzard was a sitter on portrait artist of the year this year and wanted to be called she/her. Said it was the first time he had asked for that on a job and it was liberating.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I just can’t wrap my head around Eddie and other people thinking he’s a lesbian. I mean, if a proper lesbian actually did go out with him..once they are in bed with their kit off, the games up! Surely?! What is she going to do to him sex wise that would be what lesbians do?

Reactions: 13
Twitter trends page currently says "Fans share their support for comedian Eddie Izzard after she revealed her pronouns during an appearance on Portrait Artist of the Year." Good for Eddie if he finds it "liberating" to be called a she, but it doesn't mean he actually is one

I just can’t wrap my head around Eddie and other people thinking he’s a lesbian. I mean, if a proper lesbian actually did go out with him..once they are in bed with their kit off, the games up! Surely?! What is she going to do to him sex wise that would be what lesbians do?
I have seen TRAs advocating that lesbians try to think of a penis as no different from a vibrator/strap, or that they do things not involving the penis. If you wanted further evidence that they do not know the first thing about lesbians, that would be it

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Eddie Izzard was a sitter on portrait artist of the year this year and wanted to be called she/her. Said it was the first time he had asked for that on a job and it was liberating.
But why is it liberating? I don't care who he sleeps with or how he dresses that's his business but he's not a woman.
Remember when this was considered comedy 🤔

Reactions: 23
But why is it liberating? I don't care who he sleeps with or how he dresses that's his business but he's not a woman.
Remember when this was considered comedy 🤔

I was chatting with my husband whilst watch PAotY and we were discussing that gender bending has disappeared you're either trans or not and that includes not conforming to gender stereotypes. Which is sad.

Personally I think it would be more liberating to say yes I'm man, and yes I like to wear dresses. Rather than being in "girl mode" which to me is just creepy

Reactions: 27
I was chatting with my husband whilst watch PAotY and we were discussing that gender bending has disappeared you're either trans or not and that includes not conforming to gender stereotypes. Which is sad.

Personally I think it would be more liberating to say yes I'm man, and yes I like to wear dresses. Rather than being in "girl mode" which to me is just creepy
The last decade, especially, has seen a massive shift backwards when everything was progressing forward.

Reactions: 18

I really hope that Harry Styles doesn’t get dragged into becoming she/her or they/them. He’s a guy who likes to wear a dress sometimes but that doesn’t make him any less of a man, I just hope he has plenty of people around him assuring him that this is ok and he doesn’t need a new label because of how he likes to dress!

Reactions: 17
Symbolic of his struggle against reality......never more true than present day

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really hope that Harry Styles doesn’t get dragged into becoming she/her or they/them. He’s a guy who likes to wear a dress sometimes but that doesn’t make him any less of a man, I just hope he has plenty of people around him assuring him that this is ok and he doesn’t need a new label because of how he likes to dress!
I think it’d be quite funny. Not actually funny funny but to see the articles and supporters claiming Harry was always a she and how she was in the biggest selling boyband of the UK after Simon Cowell put her and four other boys together. I think the Elliot Page and the ridiculousness about her big break playing a pregnant girl can be sort of wafted away and excused as “it was just acting, that’s what actors do” but trying to explain HS and his involvement in being placed into a boyband when he was always a girl would be quite amusing to read the justification.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it’d be quite funny. Not actually funny funny but to see the articles and supporters claiming Harry was always a she and how she was in the biggest selling boyband of the UK after Simon Cowell put her and four other boys together. I think the Elliot Page and the ridiculousness about her big break playing a pregnant girl can be sort of wafted away and excused as “it was just acting, that’s what actors do” but trying to explain HS and his involvement in being placed into a boyband when he was always a girl would be quite amusing to read the justification.
This is the ridiculousness of all of this..in Eddie's intro for PAotY they were telling the contestants about who they would be painting before they come in.. and they were saying she is an award winning comedienne, she's done this, she's done that..and they all looked really confused. Then they said she famously run 29 marathons in 29 days and you could see the cogs turning in their heads like...I swear this is Eddie Izzard but they are saying she.

Then they announced it was Eddie and "she" came out and they had ro plaster on smiles and clap. It was cringey

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Basically in my view people like Eddie and Elliot/Ellen have self esteem (and possibly mental health) issues and seem to think that they can make us all pander to them.

Why do they think that everyone else should be responsible for this? The world does not have to ignore objective reality because these people make demands. This is nothing to to with us all being 'kind and compassionate'. I would never wish harm on them, but at the same time why should I be forced to use pronouns that make no sense to me?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There was a really tragic story recently about a person who was found guilty of killing their mother.

But they used the word they to describe the murder, saying they murdered her. I had to read the article three times, trying to work out the plural, and to work out who else must have been involved, because the article was about...them murdering her.......before I realised that the murder had been committed just by one person!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.