J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keira Bell is back on Twitter 🙂 Explaining herself in her own words. Hope she's ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
:mad::mad::mad:
I need to vent here as I don't want to derail another thread by replying to the post, but this has really fucked me off.

"Also, Gabby, don't fall into the JK Rowling trap of saying "women". There are trans men and non-binary folk with endo too."

This was someones comment on the Gabriella Lindley thread re. her endometriosis diagnosis. Now i'm not saying that Gabby isn't problematic, but she has done absolutely nothing wrong by talking about endometriosis as a womens health condition.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Seems like everyone on that thread glossed over that comment. Always one though isn’t there? Takes women a literal decade to get close to being diagnosed with endo in the first place but oh won’t someone think of the enbies🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Seems like everyone on that thread glossed over that comment. Always one though isn’t there? Takes women a literal decade to get close to being diagnosed with endo in the first place but oh won’t someone think of the enbies🙄
I’m active in that thread and I ignored it because I really like the poster. If we got into it, I’m sure all the comments would be deleted anyway so I felt there was no point to be honest :( especially given the other week when someone got told to ‘go to to the gender thread’ from the Jack Monroe one

Reactions: 10
We need to push back on this at every opportunity I think. The word woman is not a dirty one
it's not - also why is the focus mostly on women that don't validate them and LGB people who don't want to duck them? why is the focus not on the men who murder transwomen especially? but words are literal violence and Terfs need to be assaulted/hit etc..

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How, how, how did we get to a place where the word woman is seen as a dirty one and using it is falling into a trap? This is madness.

Reactions: 17
Gabby is problematic in very many ways but she can call the condition a womens issue because it is. It's fact.

Reactions: 17
Well it didn't take long for the transphobic and TERF accusations to be thrown around on that thread!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Well it didn't take long for the transphobic and TERF accusations to be thrown around on that thread!
I'm stopping reading for a while now someone has said the old 'trans women ARE women! trans men ARE men!' thing.
If trans men were men, we wouldn't need to ~be inclusive~ of them in the language we use around endo, because they wouldn't have it. Cannot be bothered today.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.