J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow it's almost as if young people might regret changes they made to their body at a later date!
These people are moaning about something that can at least be lasered off...not so for people who have double mastectomies etc. They just don’t see the irony.

Reactions: 26
Wow it's almost as if young people might regret changes they made to their body at a later date!
I 'like' how they blame JKR for their tattoo when they are foolish to brand themselves with it on their own body. JKR didn't force you to have one, dear! :rolleyes: 🤷‍♀️ Should have bought a tshirt or pyjamas instead then.

Tattoo regret is not on the same level as chopping off your body parts.

Reactions: 24
I just think it's funny that acknowledge that people especially young people may experience tattoo regret (been there) but are definitely absolutely capable of making a decision to have irreversible procedures and if you say otherwise that's transphobic

Reactions: 23
'the level of embarrassment usually reserved for fascist prison ink' 🤦‍♀️

...yeah, I'm going to be worried if I see someone walking round with a visible swastika (unless it is clearly religious) or SS tattoo, I'm not going to be worried if I see someone walking round with a Harry Potter one.

It also makes a mockery of a) people who overcome their past and get their fascist (or gang related or other violence related) tattoos removed and b) any of their potential victims.

Reactions: 18
When you base your entire life in a fantasy world from a book or live your life almost entirely on t'internet where everyone echoes back your opinions the ability to deal with real world things like facts, consequences or even regret at your own choices is going to be difficult to deal with. These people seem so disengaged from reality that it's frightening, how are they coping in school, the workplace or with their relationships with people different from them?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I meant to say I've nothing against tattoos generally, just that I think if you get one, be prepared for it to be on you for life unless you get it lasered. It's not JKR's fault if people are now crying over their lightning bolt or broom tattoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When you base your entire life in a fantasy world from a book or live your life almost entirely on t'internet where everyone echoes back your opinions the ability to deal with real world things like facts, consequences or even regret at your own choices is going to be difficult to deal with. These people seem so disengaged from reality that it's frightening, how are they coping in school, the workplace or with their relationships with people different from them?
I’m genuinely curious whether people have encountered these sorts of people with their online personas in “real life”. I suspect many of it is a front and you wouldn’t know these loudmouths if they walked past you in the street as they wouldn’t say boo to a goose without a monitor protecting their anonymity.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m genuinely curious whether people have encountered these sorts of people with their online personas in “real life”. I suspect many of it is a front and you wouldn’t know these loudmouths if they walked past you in the street as they wouldn’t say boo to a goose without a monitor protecting their anonymity.
I don't think they go outside. 👀👀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The fandom world online seems very para-social. Plus on places like tumblr the fandom communities have lots of overlap with LGBTQIA+ stuff.
I have an old friend who made a lot of friends via Tumblr years ago and I have no doubt at all that some of that friendship group are like this in their reaction to Rowling etc.

Reactions: 6
This woman is an absolute queen.

For all the TRAs crying about how she is 'literally killing trans people', what have you done to make a difference to peoples lives during this pandemic?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have just listened to Troubled Blood. Without prejudice it was amazing, brilliant. At one point, no spoiler, a criminal wore a woman's coat. That's it, it was almost an aside and in context. Some of the reviews on Audible accuse her of transphobia, others have given the book a low rating. It's so clear the agenda. They really are full of hatred.
I haven't shopped at The Body Shop since their tweet telling JKR to read a book, read a book practically the most successful author alive, and mocking her as a DV survivor. It's one vow I will keep and I actually did buy fragrance oils from there very regularly.

I have just listened to Troubled Blood. Without prejudice it was amazing, brilliant. At one point, no spoiler, a criminal wore a woman's coat. That's it, it was almost an aside and in context. Some of the reviews on Audible accuse her of transphobia, others have given the book a low rating. It's so clear the agenda. They really are full of hatred.
I haven't shopped at The Body Shop since their tweet telling JKR to read a book, read a book practically the most successful author alive, and mocking her as a DV survivor. It's one vow I will keep and I actually did buy fragrance oils from there very regularly.
It's on my 'to read' pile though I may bump it up the higher on the pile after reading your post (y)

Good on her for continuing her charity work.

Reactions: 8
The Body Shop can get stuffed, they're an MLM who couldn't give a toss about women, they also used a TiM from India to talk about periods.

Ask a TRA to quote exactly what she said that's transphobic, they can never answer. They'll send an opinion essay about how she's causing harm, they'll come out with dramatic nonsense about how she's literally killing trans people but they can never ever supply a single quote

• Heart
One great response I had when asking for a thransphobic quote was "Oh I'm not very good at quoting others".

They then suggested that I......wait for it..........................wait for it......................"Do my own research"

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
They can’t even manage the most basic part of internet debate - YOU make the claim, YOU provide your source!

When I still had Twitter I had one saying they were far too tired because their boss is bullying them because they’re trans and I was expecting too much emotional labour of them, to provide a link to a mysterious document that apparently proved everything they were claiming is fact. Ok, pal.

Reactions: 18
Evidence is not their strong point. I’m convinced most of them are quite thick.
Check out for example the manipulation of data from this person. Then look at the actual survey in the third image. You cannot just chop up a piece of statistical work like that and use one section to support your argument then writing off the rest. Many of them are plainly idiots.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Joss is one of the thickest out there. Boasted recently about how they get loads of attention on a hookup site from 'straight men' and he said something like 'if only cis women could see how powerful transwomen really are'. Hate to break it to you but those aren't straight men

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.