J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my "duck JKR she's a transphobe bigot!" friends has opened a small (but very successful) business making Harry Potter merchandise. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So slander JK Rowling for being a "transphobe" online but use her talents to make money. Ok then 😂
I do hope that you pointed out the hypocrisy

Reactions: 11
One of my "duck JKR she's a transphobe bigot!" friends has opened a small (but very successful) business making Harry Potter merchandise. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So slander JK Rowling for being a "transphobe" online but use her talents to make money. Ok then 😂
I do hope she’s checked the trademarks/copyright implications of what she makes...!

Reactions: 14
Would you be able to tell us what the small business is? I completely understand if not for privacy reasons, but I don't want to give money to businesses that slate her and go on to profit from her creation

Reactions: 7
lol incredible mental gymnastics.

Pretty sure it was because Voldemort was a troubled little boy when Dumbledore met him at the orphanage. Dumbledore always humanised him. Also, Voldemort was named after his Muggle father, who he despised, so he couldn’t have his racist band of followers knowing he was, in fact, half-blood. People were terrified of Voldemort and didn’t dare utter his name (hence “You Know Who” or “He Who Must Not Be Named”) but Dumbledore simply saw him as Tom. Harry did too! He didn’t give a toss about saying ‘Voldemort’ out loud to others, and called him Tom to his face. Is he cancelled too now? 😂

Sorry, I’m a fan and know too much, can you tell? 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The post has gone now but it was full of people calling JK a TERF and going on about how she’s a Transphobe, inciting hate, the usual anti-JK bingo.

They have put this up, the last paragraph 🤨She signed it off Her/Them, She/They 😒
525D3C18-F479-4BFA-A6A4-97082CAD982F.png

• Angry
  • Sad
The post has gone now but it was full of people calling JK a TERF and going on about how she’s a Transphobe, inciting hate, the usual anti-JK bingo.

They have put this up, the last paragraph 🤨She signed it off Her/Them, She/They 😒
View attachment 570902
God this is lunacy, a group about TK Maxx laying down the law like this lmao? How depressing

• Haha
  • Sad
It is depressing. I’m finding it creeping into more and more of my everyday life - work emails, random social media posts that actually have nothing to do with trans rights, discussions overheard in the park, even threads on influencers on here.

I think things are getting worse - so many people seem to be blindly following the trans doctrine.

• Sad
It is depressing. I’m finding it creeping into more and more of my everyday life - work emails, random social media posts that actually have nothing to do with trans rights, discussions overheard in the park, even threads on influencers on here.

I think things are getting worse - so many people seem to be blindly following the trans doctrine.
Assuming you saw the state of the discussion in Gabby's thread today...biggest eyeroll

Reactions: 5
I had a quick look. A woman can't even discuss *her* own experience without putting in caveats. How is this progressive or forward thinking in any way?!

Reactions: 14
Bollocks I was on that group for years, I left around Christmas as they were getting on my nerves in general

Reactions: 6

It's like when one cheerleader in a group accidentally chants the wrong catchphrase - you're meant to say 'non binary people are valid' not 'non binary people are human'

Also wow, what a way to invalidate the people who (actually do) identify as both non binary AND otherkin - they don't identify as human. What a horrible transphobe this person is.

Reactions: 10
Who has ever claimed non binary people are not human 🙄 it's all just performative woke crap.
Speaking of performative woke crap, Instagram have now added “pronouns” as their own category on your homepage.

Seems pointless, as those inclined to performative wokeness used to just put them in their bios anyway 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.