J. K. Rowling #3 JK and the Prisoner of Gender Stereotypes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are both a pair of spineless idiots who bleat tit trying to stay relevant.😡

I sincerely hope that neither of them are ever given the opportunity to appear in any of JKs work ever again, and let's face it there are plenty of better actors out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are both a pair of spineless idiots who bleat tit trying to stay relevant.😡

I sincerely hope that neither of them are ever given the opportunity to appear in any of JKs work ever again, and let's face it there are plenty of better actors out there.
If JKR was as petty as me, she’d write one more HP book with Harry, Hermione and Ron which would be guaranteed to be turned into a film, stay completely silent on it until they tweeted how looking forward they were to be reprising the roles and then publicly humiliate them and ask them who on earth told them they were involved in it and then announce the new, better actors. Fortunately JKR is far more sensible and reasonable than I am and loves her creation and respects her fans too much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I haven’t really been on Twitter for a couple of days... are people actually turning on Mermaids?

Reactions: 8
I haven’t really been on Twitter for a couple of days... are people actually turning on Mermaids?
Government guidance released to schools has basically trashed everything that Mermaids stand for. Mermaids are now back peddling like hell and pretending that they never said kids could be born in the wrong body, never said that a preference for certain toys was a sign of being trans, etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well i have abit of an echo chamber on twitter - so yes its exploding in my time line!

Government guidance released to schools has basically trashed everything that Mermaids stand for. Mermaids are now back peddling like hell and pretending that they never said kids could be born in the wrong body, never said that a preference for certain toys was a sign of being trans, etc etc.

Thats them out of schools

Reactions: 16
Well i have abit of an echo chamber on twitter - so yes its exploding in my time line!
I try to follow a mix, have to say aside from Mermaids themselves and then the usual GC lot ripping Mermaids apart for it, I haven’t seen any actual TRAs or Mermaid supporting celebs trying to wind back now - have you? I think I might’ve scrolled past something about Adrian Harrop by accident...waiting for Jameela Jamil or someone similar to acknowledge it all 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow - astonishing. Good. I bet Watson et al will remain silent, as it looks silly to do a complete 180 on a public endorsement!

Reactions: 13
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
I can't see a lot of this thread anymore because I've blocked most people who post here, but I do sometimes read the few posts I can still see....I am interested in hearing when each of you began to be radicalized but I don't think you see yourself that way. Most transphobes (since you don't want to be called Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminists, right?) see themselves as victims and defenders of feminism and sex, and act as if they're just being "gender-critical". The whole ideology is so flimsy (like religious extremism) that I don't want to discuss anything, tbh. The only thing that gives me comfort is to know that you're a minority and that history shows you're on the losing side. People like you had to give up on racial segregation, you tried to ban lesbians from bathrooms, you try try try...but I'm glad you won't succeed in your hateful crusade. You're not feminists, you hate women and define a person's character and identity by their genitals. That is...sad and in a way disgusting, but I don't wish ill on any of you. Have a nice weekend! :)

Not sure if this is true but he’s a crap actor anyway. I’d have no qualms about someone replacing him.
I cant believe hes stupid enough to say this. He is probably too scared to deny it though. HP belongs to JK. There cant be a HP book without her involvement, unless hes wishing her dead and hoping someone else takes over, like the Dragon Tattoo books ( which were rubbish after Laarssons death)

Thats them out of schools
Good. They breached so many safeguarding protocols they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Reactions: 17
jk.jpg

Apparently 15 of these boards have gone up in Salt Lake City.👏

Shame that Edinburgh were too cowardly to leave them up.😡

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't know if this has been posted before but here JK gives her point of view in a very well thought out sensitive piece of writing. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't see a lot of this thread anymore because I've blocked most people who post here, but I do sometimes read the few posts I can still see....I am interested in hearing when each of you began to be radicalized but I don't think you see yourself that way. Most transphobes (since you don't want to be called Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminists, right?) see themselves as victims and defenders of feminism and sex, and act as if they're just being "gender-critical". The whole ideology is so flimsy (like religious extremism) that I don't want to discuss anything, tbh. The only thing that gives me comfort is to know that you're a minority and that history shows you're on the losing side. People like you had to give up on racial segregation, you tried to ban lesbians from bathrooms, you try try try...but I'm glad you won't succeed in your hateful crusade. You're not feminists, you hate women and define a person's character and identity by their genitals. That is...sad and in a way disgusting, but I don't wish ill on any of you. Have a nice weekend! :)
I respectfully disagree with pretty much all of this. The passive aggression in your post is risible. I have seen virtually no transphobia - or terfdom - on this thread. To say that trans women and born women are different is a simple statement of scientific fact. To resent the incursion of those who are not born as women into safe spaces for those who are as an erosion of hard-won rights is also a right. And as for us being a minority, I think you’ll find that we represent an overwhelming but silent majority. Perhaps just not in the social media echo chambers where you are drawing your conclusions from.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.