J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you not blame cast of the Potter movies for not standing up for JK Rowling. They won't have a career after it.
Thanks to JK Rowling, they wont starve to death as a result of some wokies cancelling them on Twitter. All they needed to do was condemn the death threats. Not even say anything about trans issues, but they couldn't even do that.

Reactions: 15
Death threats to JK
🤬🤬 Has anyone reported these scummy morons?
It makes me really angry that people can get away with writing death threats like this. Disgusting 🤬🤬

Emma Watson is a joke as a feminist. As for the other two, if trans women are women as they assert, would they actually date one? I hope they get called transphobic for not wanting to date a man, let's see how the little shits like it then
I am angry about how they have thrown JK under the bus. As you say they could've kept quiet about the trans issue and condemned the death threats but oh no they are cowardly self serving sheep bowing to the mob.

Emma Watson claiming to be a feminist really winds me up. She's a complete joke and a terrible actress.

The other 2 are just wankers jumping on a bandwagon. None of them would have a career if it weren't for JK.

Last edited:
Do you not blame cast of the Potter movies for not standing up for JK Rowling. They won't have a career after it.
There's not standing up (I.e saying nothing) and then there's actively throwing her under a bus which is what Watson and the other two idiots did. JK Rowling opened up about the abuse she suffered and Watson showed not one shred of solidarity or sympathy, she just stuck the knife in further. In fact, let's not forget she even urged people to donate to Mermaids. I'm sorry but duck those three and their "careers"

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There's not standing up (I.e saying nothing) and then there's actively throwing her under a bus which is what Watson and the other two idiots did. JK Rowling opened up about the abuse she suffered and Watson showed not one shred of solidarity or sympathy, she just stuck the knife in further. In fact, let's not forget she even urged people to donate to Mermaids. I'm sorry but duck those three and their "careers"
I hope Watson's career nosedives although I can never understand why anyone would cast her woodeness in the first place.

Glad to hear that Robbie Coltrane is a sensible person. Also Jason Isaacs and Tom Felton haven't stuck the knife in either. Imagine that... the Malfoys being the bravest of the lot!

With fan favourites like Watson, Radcliffe and Grint, they’re so revered by ‘stans’ that they either bow down to the woke demands or they risk being cancelled. Evidently the three of them chose to follow the woke consensus rather than risk losing support for their careers. Although, I really do doubt how much power the woke Twitter lot have in real life.

Emma Watson was someone I looked up to when I was younger. I thought she was a real modern feminist. I was impressed by her UN speeches on equality for girls and her HeForShe campaign. Now however I’ve grown disillusioned with the idea of intersectional feminism and the idea that men should be included in feminism. (Still agree that men should support us, but they’re not an integral part and feminism is not for them).

Reactions: 14
I hope Watson's career nosedives although I can never understand why anyone would cast her woodeness in the first place.

Glad to hear that Robbie Coltrane is a sensible person. Also Jason Isaacs and Tom Felton haven't stuck the knife in either. Imagine that... the Malfoys being the bravest of the lot!
Watson does not seem to have much film work coming her way, she's being surpassed by the likes of Florence Pugh and Soairse Ronan who are both talented. I've always felt her feminism is performative, like placing a dozen books on park benches is cute but doesn't really change anything. Considering she is/was(?) a UN ambassador she should be ashamed of herself for throwing JK under the bus. She hides a lot of the time then once in a while she reappears, posts a feminist quote on instagram then disappears again.

I've also seen some tweets this morning from political party members (teenagers) asking if Labour have an official definition of transphobia, no doubt prompted by this latest book frenzy. I really hope official definitions are not so black and white as to suggest that not being attracted to a transperson makes you a transphobe, because that is how it feels on Twitter. It is however refreshing to see more people not buying into the TRA thought police on Facebook though, am seeing more of the public standing up for women. Perhaps there is hope that women can keep their identity, rights and spaces.

I feel i must state again that I hold no hatred for any trans people. If a trans person was to walk into my work or friend life I would use their pronouns and be as civilised as I would with anyone else. What I wouldn't accept however is being made to feel on eggshells that I would be labelled and cancelled for any accidental misgendering, or for still believing women are women and transwomen are transwomen. Just as I wouldn't abide blatant sexism from a man at work or in personal life. Some mutual respect would go a long way. I feel this year has been very rough and shows how in 2020 society is still as broken and weighted against women as it ever was. It's tiresome.

With fan favourites like Watson, Radcliffe and Grint, they’re so revered by ‘stans’ that they either bow down to the woke demands or they risk being cancelled. Evidently the three of them chose to follow the woke consensus rather than risk losing support for their careers. Although, I really do doubt how much power the woke Twitter lot have in real life.

Emma Watson was someone I looked up to when I was younger. I thought she was a real modern feminist. I was impressed by her UN speeches on equality for girls and her HeForShe campaign. Now however I’ve grown disillusioned with the idea of intersectional feminism and the idea that men should be included in feminism. (Still agree that men should support us, but they’re not an integral part and feminism is not for them).
I know, I'm same age as her and so badly wanted to be her when she got the Harry Potter role, so bad it hurt! Lol

I think she was just used as a face for feminism but I think it is just performative. I wonder what she does with herself in between film jobs because she's not been in anything for a while.

Anyway, JK is now my hero.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've also seen some tweets this morning from political party members (teenagers) asking if Labour have an official definition of transphobia, no doubt prompted by this latest book frenzy.
Unfortunately I think it's prompted by the Lib Dems releasing their official definition. The absolute fuckwits.

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately I think it's prompted by the Lib Dems releasing their official definition. The absolute fuckwits.
' Jo Swinson has defended her support for plans to make it easier for people to legally change gender, saying it will address transgender "demonisation".

The Lib Dems want to change the law to automatically recognise non-binary gender identities and allow people to self-identify without medical evidence.

This would stop the "marginalisation" of already vulnerable people, she said.

Asked whether she believed all people were born either male or female, she replied: "Not from what I have read."

So I won't be voting for them 😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Death threats to JK
That's horrifying and surely a matter for the police? Why don't Twitter shut these accounts down? Surely they must have some rules about cyber- bullying that these people are contravening?

Reactions: 5
' Jo Swinson has defended her support for plans to make it easier for people to legally change gender, saying it will address transgender "demonisation".

The Lib Dems want to change the law to automatically recognise non-binary gender identities and allow people to self-identify without medical evidence.

This would stop the "marginalisation" of already vulnerable people, she said.

Asked whether she believed all people were born either male or female, she replied: "Not from what I have read."

So I won't be voting for them 😁
Just another moron jumping on the bandwagon, the Lib Dems have never had my vote and never will either.

Reactions: 9
That's horrifying and surely a matter for the police? Why don't Twitter shut these accounts down? Surely they must have some rules about cyber- bullying that these people are contravening?
Graham Linehan was removed from Twitter for fighting against the idea that men are women but death threats are totally fine.

Worth remembering that Twitter is run by Silicon Valley men who don't give a crap about women. Also, it suits their business model to have trolls posting stuff like that. More engagement, more clicks, more money for them

Reactions: 12
Graham Linehan was removed from Twitter for fighting against the idea that men are women but death threats are totally fine.

Worth remembering that Twitter is run by Silicon Valley men who don't give a crap about women. Also, it suits their business model to have trolls posting stuff like that. More engagement, more clicks, more money for them
I've never had a Twitter account and never will as it seems to be a maelstrom of hate, violence and envy.

Watson does not seem to have much film work coming her way, she's being surpassed by the likes of Florence Pugh and Soairse Ronan who are both talented. I've always felt her feminism is performative, like placing a dozen books on park benches is cute but doesn't really change anything. Considering she is/was(?) a UN ambassador she should be ashamed of herself for throwing JK under the bus. She hides a lot of the time then once in a while she reappears, posts a feminist quote on instagram then disappears again.

I've also seen some tweets this morning from political party members (teenagers) asking if Labour have an official definition of transphobia, no doubt prompted by this latest book frenzy. I really hope official definitions are not so black and white as to suggest that not being attracted to a transperson makes you a transphobe, because that is how it feels on Twitter. It is however refreshing to see more people not buying into the TRA thought police on Facebook though, am seeing more of the public standing up for women. Perhaps there is hope that women can keep their identity, rights and spaces.

I feel i must state again that I hold no hatred for any trans people. If a trans person was to walk into my work or friend life I would use their pronouns and be as civilised as I would with anyone else. What I wouldn't accept however is being made to feel on eggshells that I would be labelled and cancelled for any accidental misgendering, or for still believing women are women and transwomen are transwomen. Just as I wouldn't abide blatant sexism from a man at work or in personal life. Some mutual respect would go a long way. I feel this year has been very rough and shows how in 2020 society is still as broken and weighted against women as it ever was. It's tiresome.

I know, I'm same age as her and so badly wanted to be her when she got the Harry Potter role, so bad it hurt! Lol

I think she was just used as a face for feminism but I think it is just performative. I wonder what she does with herself in between film jobs because she's not been in anything for a while.

Anyway, JK is now my hero.
I'm a woman and I wouldn't be attracted to a trans-man, purely because I enjoy sex and want a man with fully functioning genitals thanks very much. I'm already happily married though, so fortunately for me none of this really affects me. If anyone has a problem with my stance, too bad - my life, my choice.

• Heart
I'm a woman and I wouldn't be attracted to a trans-man, purely because I enjoy sex and want a man with fully functioning genitals thanks very much. I'm already happily married though, so fortunately for me none of this really affects me. If anyone has a problem with my stance, too bad - my life, my choice.
On one of the threads on this site, there was a discussion about a lesbian who wanted to transition to a man (she didn't in the end, just turned out to be attention seeking), this lesbians partner at the time said something like "I like women" and someone commented that that was an awful thing to say and why didnt they support her. I find this attitude astonishing, lesbians like women by definition.

If my partner decided he wanted to transition to a woman the relationship would be over. Likewise, there's no way in hell he would stick around if I wanted to transition to a man

Reactions: 14
I work with a trans man. I have absolutely no problem with calling him ' he's but he is a trans man, not a biological man, so will still have biological issues relating to men. There is an ad in the cinemas about prostate cancer that starts ' what is a man?' that is all about prostate cancer. There is absolutely no mention of trans issues. Where have the cancellations and death threats been there? Nowhere. Because trans activists are, or are allies of people who want to bully and threaten women into silence, not antagonize men. Most m2f trans were white middle class middle aged men who after they married women and had children decided to be trans. Most trans men are young teenage girls, many with undiagnosed autism who decide they are trans as a group and risk infertility and genital mutilation instead of being asked why they are unhappy in their own self and given time and counselling to go through puberty before deciding on such drastic action.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
"Not from what I have read". Clowns, the lot of them!
I think they need to go back to school and take some biology classes. Perhaps do a few shifts on a labour ward - oh look, babies being born and they are all male or female, who'd have thought it, remarkable!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.