J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is an article in the Daily Mail about how she’s being accused of Islamophobia because one of her characters was a suspect who wore a burka and had halal take out? I think the DM is also whipping this up into a massive storm. It’s one of the most busted websites globally and even thought a lot of people say they don’t read it, quite a few people actually do and they aren’t helping matters at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
There is an article in the Daily Mail about how she’s being accused of Islamophobia because one of her characters was a suspect who wore a burka and had halal take out? I think the DM is also whipping this up into a massive storm. It’s one of the most busted websites globally and even thought a lot of people say they don’t read it, quite a few people actually do and they aren’t helping matters at all.

I was going to say the same. What they’re doing is dangerous. I only go on the mail website to read the comments (if I’m honest I like getting worked up 😳). But lately they are just relentless with their divisive and sensationalist reporting. They scour twitter for the most obscure opinions. You give them an inch and they take a mile, whether it’s JK, BLM, Coronavirus, immigrants, young vs old. They’re not happy unless people are turning on each other. I’m sick to death of all the negativity and arguments. I’m actually considering blocking the website from my phone because it’s really getting me down lately.

Posting my fave quote ever because it’s relevant.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Death threats to JK
It's funny how people are more violent, come from those supporting the trans community. They want to burn books, that's a Nazi ideology.

How are death threats allowed on Twitter but my account isn't?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
To be honest I'm sick to death of the whole trans scene/situation and the accompanying lectures and diatribes telling me how I must feel and what I must embrace.

Trans yourself into whatever you choose to be and live a happy life FFS.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
we’ve all had lovely and prompt replies from her team.
I worry about the emotional health of her team, too. They have to read all of the emails that come to that account and I imagine a fair few are abusive

Reactions: 11
Have mentioned this on here before but if anyone wants to email JK Rowling words of support, many of us across the internet have, and we’ve all had lovely and prompt replies from her team.

She has mentioned more than once that she is aware of and reads the emails of support she is being sent in reference to this issue, so I do believe it has an impact.

The email address to reach her is: [email protected]

You won’t get a reply from the woman herself but all positive emails seem to be acknowledged and passed on to her. It’s a nice thing to do, I think.
Bumping this. I’m trying to pen (type) something but I’m not quite sure where to begin.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Death threats to JK
They are disgusting. I wonder if anyone has retweeted any of these comments to the HP cast or Eddie Redmayne for their comments on the death threats against a woman they owe their careers to? These are the people who's side they are on.

Reactions: 15
I’m not on any social media for my own sanity, however, I’m wondering if anyone has put the subject of death threats to Daniel and co. via twitter and asked for a response. Surely they would condemn threats and ill-wishes of death, rape and terminal illness?

To say that the punishment outweighs the crime, would be a severe understatement.

Reactions: 10
I’m not on any social media for my own sanity, however, I’m wondering if anyone has put the subject of death threats to Daniel and co. via twitter and asked for a response. Surely they would condemn threats and ill-wishes of death, rape and terminal illness?

To say that the punishment outweighs the crime, would be a severe understatement.
Their silence has been deafening. I really want someone to challenge them. Particularly Emma Watson, self styled feminist who stands by while a woman has people demanding her intellectual property be stripped from her and credit given to a man (Daniel Radcliffe) I dont use social media, and wouldn't use the moral cesspit that is Twitter if my life depended on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Their silence has been deafening. I really want someone to challenge them. Particularly Emma Watson, self styled feminist who stands by while a woman has people demanding her intellectual property be stripped from her and credit given to a man (Daniel Radcliffe) I dont use social media, and wouldn't use the moral cesspit that is Twitter if my life depended on it.
I am willing to bet Emma would be scared to stand up for JK now.

Reactions: 12
I actually don’t think it’s done any of those brats any favours really. Every article, no matter which side it’s on mentions how they stabbed her in the back. People don’t like that. Emma Watson is a coward and I don’t think anyone takes her seriously as an actor or a so called feminist.
daniel Radcliffe might have looked cute at 11 and his parents were in the biz, but he didn’t grow past 5’2, is very wooden and I can’t see him still being in films in 10 years time. Eddie is a rich boy who has got some decent roles because of connections but I don’t Know anyone that actualy likes him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you not blame cast of the Potter movies for not standing up for JK Rowling. They won't have a career after it.

Emma Watson is a joke as a feminist. As for the other two, if trans women are women as they assert, would they actually date one? I hope they get called transphobic for not wanting to date a man, let's see how the little shits like it then

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.