J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that pisses me off more than drag itself is how people are listening to TRAs who complain about it.

For years, women have made reference to elements of drag they are uncomfortable with, and have tried to respectfully discuss it with the gay/drag community. YEARS! Yet suddenly TRAs declare it “transface” and it’s banned from some Pride events, just like that.
Wow I hadn't heard of this, so I guess trans people are mad at drag queens cause they're generallly "cis" gay men, right?
Lol as much as I hate drag, this makes me feel a teensy bit better about it 😂

Reactions: 9
My jaw has dropped at the "person with cervix" smear test and "trans women don't need to come for a smear test"

What the actual duck!

I would love to know if men are getting letters with "person with prostate" and "trans men don't need a prostate exam"

Sorry TWITs (trans women ignoring truth), you will never be women and you hate us for it. You want to make us suffer for it. Sadly, members of our own sex who are more concerned with appearing "right on" and woke are falling for your crap and selling us up the river.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m not sure if the people on this thread realise that Blaire White is a member of the alt right who has done blackface and boosts platforms for literal Nazis like Lauren Southern who spew White Replacement propaganda???

Has anyone else started to feel really pissed off by drag lately? I mean, I used to love it and admire the skills. Now I’m finding it kind of gross since this whole TRA push.
I used to be a big fan of drag. Now it kind of disgusts me. All the padding, the talk about being fishy, the campy caricaturing of women. It's... no bueno.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I’m not sure if the people on this thread realise that Blaire White is a member of the alt right who has done blackface and boosts platforms for literal Nazis like Lauren Southern who spew White Replacement propaganda???
I had no idea. Ugh.

That's what I hate so much about the current climate. Nobody appears to have balance. They are either extreme woke or Nazi and it's frustrating beyond belief. Where have all the mature, normal (for lack of a better word) people gone?

• Heart
Happy birthday to JK 🎂🍰🍾🥂
I don't understand why the Mail thinks that her birthday warrants a rehash of her previous comments 🙄 they couldn't possibly be trying to stir up more trolls to attack her? 🥳
Although interestingly enough JK had a troll birthday cake 😆🤣

Reactions: 14
"It comes after Rowling found herself embroiled in controversy after making comments about transgender people last month.

The author was hit by what she described as 'relentless attacks' after she took issue with an online article about 'people who menstruate"

This pisses me right off. The "people who menstruate" tweet was not about transgender people. It was about women!

Reactions: 19
I had no idea. Ugh.

That's what I hate so much about the current climate. Nobody appears to have balance. They are either extreme woke or Nazi and it's frustrating beyond belief. Where have all the mature, normal (for lack of a better word) people gone?
It could be that transphobia has a direct link to facism.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Actual transphobia, I’m sure it does.

The problem is with what TRAs have deemed transphobic. Anything to do with women‘s biology, talking about it in public, using the words that define us = transphobic. That actively shuts down women and their ability to discuss the very thing that oppresses us (still), because our biology is the root of our oppression and even in western countries, women, particularly women of colour, face challenges within medical care, the workplace and the home/relationships relating to their natural bodily functions.

Anywhere that women congregate without male bodies is also considered transphobic. No more privacy or safe spaces for women! Are you a rape survivor with significant trauma? Too bad, your sexual violence trauma support group now has to allow visibly male people into it. Just suck it up, otherwise you’re transphobic.

That’s before we even get to what’s happening in developing countries and how girls and women are dying every day, are being disfigured for life, are living a life of daily abuse and rape and forced pregnancy from a horrendously young age, all because of their natural biology. We aren’t allowed to talk about that either, it’s transphobic! The campaigns against FGM are told to pipe down and are even told that sexual reassigment surgery is THE SAME THING! It is beyond belief.

It is an utterly insane idea that talking about these very important topics, which affect a marginalised group of people, is transphobic.
It actually has nothing to do with trans people, it’s about girls and women. There is no hate, only truth that doesn’t concern them, and that’s what riles them up so much.

I am so sick and tired of seeing people drink the Kool Aid and refer to women as cervix havers or people who menstruate. We are being forced to adjust our language to accomodate a tiny group of people, and in doing so, we’re alienating a much larger group of people (women), some of whom will be actively harmed by these changes. I cannot fathom why anyone who cares about human rights believes this to be the right and good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Actual transphobia, I’m sure it does.

The problem is with what TRAs have deemed transphobic. Anything to do with women‘s biology, talking about it in public, using the words that define us = transphobic. That actively shuts down women and their ability to discuss the very thing that oppresses us (still), because our biology is the root of our oppression and even in western countries, women, particularly women of colour, face challenges within medical care, the workplace and the home/relationships relating to their natural bodily functions.

Anywhere that women congregate without male bodies is also considered transphobic. No more privacy or safe spaces for women! Are you a rape survivor with significant trauma? Too bad, your sexual violence trauma support group now has to allow visibly male people into it. Just suck it up, otherwise you’re transphobic.

That’s before we even get to what’s happening in developing countries and how girls and women are dying every day, are being disfigured for life, are living a life of daily abuse and rape and forced pregnancy from a horrendously young age, all because of their natural biology. We aren’t allowed to talk about that either, it’s transphobic! The campaigns against FGM are told to pipe down and are even told that sexual reassigment surgery is THE SAME THING! It is beyond belief.

It is an utterly insane idea that talking about these very important topics, which affect a marginalised group of people, is transphobic.
It actually has nothing to do with trans people, it’s about girls and women. There is no hate, only truth that doesn’t concern them, and that’s what riles them up so much.

I am so sick and tired of seeing people drink the Kool Aid and refer to women as cervix havers or people who menstruate. We are being forced to adjust our language to accomodate a tiny group of people, and in doing so, we’re alienating a much larger group of people (women), some of whom will be actively harmed by these changes. I cannot fathom why anyone who cares about human rights believes this to be the right and good thing.
Can you point me towards sources that show FGM campaigns being shut down by trans activists?

Reactions: 1
The definition of "transphobia" has become distorted. Stating that men aren't women is not a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people. Stating that trans women are not the same as women is not transphobic. Not wanting women to be erased is not transphobic.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Omg so relieved to see this thread!

Has anyone else started to feel really pissed off by drag lately? I mean, I used to love it and admire the skills. Now I’m finding it kind of gross since this whole TRA push.
Yes since always. It's sexist blackface.

Reactions: 15
Just look at @radfemJana on Twitter. See what she has to put up with from TRAs.
They are hardly trans activists. Online trolls?

I don’t understand the opinions on this thread that trans people are trying to rob women of their biological reality. All trans people recognise that biological females have vaginas and vice versa. That is sex and it is the whole basis of transgenderism? Because they want to change their biological sex markers.

To use the words of Simone de Beauvoir, one is not born a woman, she becomes one. Gender is pushed on us from birth. That is a separate issue from sex, which trans activists recognise.

I wonder how many have you have actually spoken to a transgender or gender non conforming person. Every one I know accepts that their biological sex cannot change but their dysphoria can be managed by changing their biological sex markers. That takes literally nothing away from biological females. They would never campaign against FGM issues and I am yet to see a credible source to back this up?

Recognising that not everyone who has a vagina presents as female is a life or death matter. What happens if a trans man is rejected from receiving medical care because his gender has been legally changed to male on all documents? He needs access to things like cervical smears which would be denied to him if we all lived in the fantasy land that everyone who has a vagina identifies as female.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
"To use the words of someone who is no longer alive and twist them to suit our agenda", you mean. Simone DeBeauvoir was hardly referring to men who dress up as women and think they have a right to insert themselves into our private spaces. She was hardly referring to "women" being a dirty word- for instance, the dogs abuse JK Rowling got for stating that it should be women who menstruate, not people. I find it astounding that you rightly point out medical issues that exist by denying sex over gender and then tell us we're the ones in the fantasy land.

Again- people can "identify" as they wish. I'll use whatever pronouns they ask for. But male bodied people are not women, it's as simple as that.

You're right that gender is pushed on us from birth but the trans ideology does nothing to shatter gender stereotypes, it just reinforces them. "Feeling like a woman" and wanting to wear dresses and have long hair, that's reductive and there's more to being a woman than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
"To use the words of someone who is no longer alive and twist them to suit our agenda", you mean. Simone DeBeauvoir was hardly referring to men who dress up as women and think they have a right to insert themselves into our private spaces. She was hardly referring to "women" being a dirty word- for instance, the dogs abuse JK Rowling got for stating that it should be women who menstruate, not people. I find it astounding that you rightly point out medical issues that exist by denying sex over gender and then tell us we're the ones in the fantasy land.

Again- people can "identify" as they wish. I'll use whatever pronouns they ask for. But male bodied people are not women, it's as simple as that.

You're right that gender is pushed on us from birth but the trans ideology does nothing to shatter gender stereotypes, it just reinforces them. "Feeling like a woman" and wanting to wear dresses and have long hair, that's reductive and there's more to being a woman than that.
No, she wasn’t talking about trans people. But it perfectly sums up that gender is a social construct.

Trans people are not rejecting sex? The whole point of transgenderism is that they know they are the opposite sex than what they would want but they can transition their gender?

Trans women and men suffer from gender dysphoria and the things that will affirm their gender would be the most obviously ‘manly’ or ‘girly’ by our societies standards. I am a woman who doesn’t shave my body but I can completely understand why trans women would shave, because it affirms their gender and helps the mental stress that comes with dysphoria. Instead of attacking trans women for being overly feminine and adhering to gender roles (like many cis women also feel pressured to do) we should be working towards attacking the institutions that have enforced these gender roles for centuries.

Reactions: 3
They are hardly trans activists. Online trolls?

I don’t understand the opinions on this thread that trans people are trying to rob women of their biological reality. All trans people recognise that biological females have vaginas and vice versa. That is sex and it is the whole basis of transgenderism? Because they want to change their biological sex markers.

To use the words of Simone de Beauvoir, one is not born a woman, she becomes one. Gender is pushed on us from birth. That is a separate issue from sex, which trans activists recognise.

I wonder how many have you have actually spoken to a transgender or gender non conforming person. Every one I know accepts that their biological sex cannot change but their dysphoria can be managed by changing their biological sex markers. That takes literally nothing away from biological females. They would never campaign against FGM issues and I am yet to see a credible source to back this up?

Recognising that not everyone who has a vagina presents as female is a life or death matter. What happens if a trans man is rejected from receiving medical care because his gender has been legally changed to male on all documents? He needs access to things like cervical smears which would be denied to him if we all lived in the fantasy land that everyone who has a vagina identifies as female.
Don’t worry your pretty little heads, fellow cervix havers / Karens: northernspaces after presumably reading the first JKR thread and this one, with all the concerns, statistics, biological facts, actual lived experiences etc. They read it and still believe it all should be stuck aside because of what someone identifies as takes precedence to all things, including good sense.

Or you didn’t bother. You just heard that a group of people were discussing their support of JKR and wanted nothing more than to give us a “be kind / no one is taking anything from you“ lecture.

I like you, really sticking it to the man by putting us in our place ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Don’t worry your pretty little heads, fellow cervix havers / Karens: northernspaces after presumably reading the first JKR thread and this one, with all the concerns, statistics, biological facts, actual lived experiences etc. They read it and still believe it all should be stuck aside because of what someone identifies as takes precedence to all things, including good sense.

Or you didn’t bother. You just heard that a group of people were discussing their support of JKR and wanted nothing more than to give us a “be kind / no one is taking anything from you“ lecture.

I like you, really sticking it to the man by putting us in our place ;)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You are so completely wrong it’s hilarious

You obviously feel attacked by someone questioning your opinions. Perhaps I will leave you to your safe space echo chamber 👍🏼

Reactions: 4
the mental stress that comes with dysphoria.
I’m sorry, but cry me a bleeping river.

I’m more concerned about the mental stress that comes with being a woman. A real one. With a vagina and a uterus and everything that those things imply. Twenty six women were murdered by male partners in the U.K. during lockdown (until July - so probably more by now) and you want us to worry about men feeling like women because they wear heels and lipstick? Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.