Itslittlelauren

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The editing in her post today looks like a green screen 🤷‍♀️. She really needs to go to photoshop school ...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She looks so overly tarted up every time she goes out, it’s like she’s playing dress up from her mum’s wardrobe.

Reactions: 2
She looks so overly tarted up every time she goes out, it’s like she’s playing dress up from her mum’s wardrobe.
She looks ridiculous, who the duck has the time and energy to dress up like she does at nearly 7 months pregnant apparently suffering from fibromyalgia as well and tottering around a bloody park in heels 🙄

Reactions: 9
I almost guarantee she claims disability allowance and her mum will probably claim carers allowance. 🙄
I usually only read this thread and don’t say anything, but I just had to reply to this. I’m not defending everything she does at all, but this stung a bit, only because as someone who is sick and disabled myself, I know what it’s like to be judged just on what people see. I’m on disability, and my mum is my carer. I mostly only post the good parts, and so it looks like I’m mostly fine, but they’re just snapshots, and I’m really not. I like looking nice when I can manage it, I like being able to feel and look “normal” for once and join in as much as I can. I always pay for it after. My stories might show me having a good time, but they don’t show the pain, the insomnia, the dizziness, the nausea, or the fatigue, or the medication I’ve had to take just to make it out. They don’t show the before and after. So please don’t judge people on that. What we wear, what we look like, has no bearing on how we feel. It takes me an hour just to do simple make-up, because I have to rest as I go. But I like doing it. Those moments don’t mean we’re fine, or can suddenly work a 9-5 just because we go out for a couple of hours, or because we sit and mix some ingredients together or decorate a cake. It doesn’t work like that. Honestly, it’s horrible to be told you’re faking it when you’re not, just because you look ok. The curse of the invisible illness/disability. (I have fibro like Lauren, but along with several other conditions, unfortunately, although I know fibro on its own can be bad enough).

Also, as an aside, I think she makes some money from ads. She’s got enough followers that (some, not all) companies are probably paying her to show their products.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I usually only read this thread and don’t say anything, but I just had to reply to this. I’m not defending everything she does at all, but this stung a bit, only because as someone who is sick and disabled myself, I know what it’s like to be judged just on what people see. I’m on disability, and my mum is my carer. I mostly only post the good parts, and so it looks like I’m mostly fine, but they’re just snapshots, and I’m really not. I like looking nice when I can manage it, I like being able to feel and look “normal” for once and join in as much as I can. I always pay for it after. My stories might show me having a good time, but they don’t show the pain, the insomnia, the dizziness, the nausea, or the fatigue, or the medication I’ve had to take just to make it out. They don’t show the before and after. So please don’t judge people on that. What we wear, what we look like, has no bearing on how we feel. It takes me an hour just to do simple make-up, because I have to rest as I go. But I like doing it. Those moments don’t mean we’re fine, or can suddenly work a 9-5 just because we go out for a couple of hours, or because we sit and mix some ingredients together or decorate a cake. It doesn’t work like that. Honestly, it’s horrible to be told you’re faking it when you’re not, just because you look ok. The curse of the invisible illness/disability. (I have fibro like Lauren, but along with several other conditions, unfortunately, although I know fibro on its own can be bad enough).

Also, as an aside, I think she makes some money from ads. She’s got enough followers that (some, not all) companies are probably paying her to show their products.
I feel like whenever anyone brings up Lauren’s “disability” though (as I don’t follow her and haven’t for years, I’m not sure how bad it’s supposed to be), they’re more than likely pointing out the fact that if it does indeed make her as sick as you personally get when you dress up etc. then it’s probably not worth it for a few false shots on the ‘gram?

Reactions: 3
I feel like whenever anyone brings up Lauren’s “disability” though (as I don’t follow her and haven’t for years, I’m not sure how bad it’s supposed to be), they’re more than likely pointing out the fact that if it does indeed make her as sick as you personally get when you dress up etc. then it’s probably not worth it for a few false shots on the ‘gram?
It’s not just for the “gram” though. Yeah, I put some of my pics on Instagram, but I don’t do it for that reason. Most of us don’t. And it is worth it. I know that might sound strange, especially to people who aren’t in that situation, but I don’t want to spend the rest of my life stuck at home not doing anything in my pyjamas. I like fashion. I want to wear the clothes I like. I want to feel like everyone else, just for a short while, even if I have to pay for it. I’d rather die one day knowing I’d gone out and done things a few times in my life and paid for it, rather than having done nothing while I watched everyone else live their lives. It gets really lonely, and really depressing, and you lose a lot of friends, so we do what we can, when we can.

Reactions: 6
It’s not just for the “gram” though. Yeah, I put some of my pics on Instagram, but I don’t do it for that reason. Most of us don’t. And it is worth it. I know that might sound strange, especially to people who aren’t in that situation, but I don’t want to spend the rest of my life stuck at home not doing anything in my pyjamas. I like fashion. I want to wear the clothes I like. I want to feel like everyone else, just for a short while, even if I have to pay for it. I’d rather die one day knowing I’d gone out and done things a few times in my life and paid for it, rather than having done nothing while I watched everyone else live their lives. It gets really lonely, and really depressing, and you lose a lot of friends, so we do what we can, when we can.
No no, I meant for Lauren ;) after all, that’s how I see it anyway. She literally dresses up to sit in the front room - girl needs a day off.

Reactions: 3
No no, I meant for Lauren ;) after all, that’s how I see it anyway. She literally dresses up to sit in the front room - girl needs a day off.
Oh I know, I was just talking from a sick person’s perspective, so it might be the same for her. We don’t know what she does away from that. I try not to think about what people I don’t know think of me just from what I post 🙈

Reactions: 1
What does she claim is wrong with her? I haven’t been following her for long and can’t see anything about a disability

Does she honestly think we believe that she ate croissants filled with MINI EGGS for Easter? Surely no one would eat that!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.