It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say - I'm irish and thought his accent to be quite good.

I've been known to complain about actors Irish accents though - and a small part of me thinks that these people (gerard butler in PS I Love You for example) are saying what they hear - and we just hear it differently😭 pretty appalled that thats what they hear!!
I had to double check this (looked up his character's wikipedia page) but he wasn't supposed to be Irish in the film 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had to ignore this thread when spoilers appeared as wanted to enjoy it in 'real time' - mostly because there's naff all to look forward to at the moment.

Haven't enjoyed anything so much in years (last thing I remember loving immediately as much was Casanova, I'm definitely a RTD girl).

I've been telling everyone I speak to they have to watch it, such an important and amazing show. Spent 50 mins of the final wound up then the last 10 minutes sobbing. Colin's episode completely broke me 😭

Already planning a weekend to binge watch with a lot of tissues. And wine

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had to ignore this thread when spoilers appeared as wanted to enjoy it in 'real time' - mostly because there's naff all to look forward to at the moment.

Haven't enjoyed anything so much in years (last thing I remember loving immediately as much was Casanova, I'm definitely a RTD girl).

I've been telling everyone I speak to they have to watch it, such an important and amazing show. Spent 50 mins of the final wound up then the last 10 minutes sobbing. Colin's episode completely broke me 😭

Already planning a weekend to binge watch with a lot of tissues. And wine
I came on the thread after the 1st episode but so many people had binged it after and I read a spoiler so stayed away until I watched in real time too. Just about pulled myself together enough to come on here now. It was one of the best things I've watched in a long time, so thought provoking, hilarious and heart breaking all in one. Loved it even if it turned me into a snotty weeping mess!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I came on the thread after the 1st episode but so many people had binged it after and I read a spoiler so stayed away until I watched in real time too. Just about pulled myself together enough to come on here now. It was one of the best things I've watched in a long time, so thought provoking, hilarious and heart breaking all in one. Loved it even if it turned me into a snotty weeping mess!
Exactly like me! I read something about Colin so clicked ignore until tonight! I'm still a little weepy

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Same here. I came on this thread the first week, but had to go off again because I was watching in real time and had already seen one spoiler.
Colin's death was the one that had me in tears too, and his lovely Mum :cry:

Such a fantastic programme.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To all of you who watched it in real time, you have some willpower. That was my plan but I couldn’t stop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I wonder if it will feature on goggle box? Not sure how that show works only watch the repeats normally.

Reactions: 2
I watched QAF last week - I kind of enjoyed it but not as much as Cucumber or It's A Sin...I just found the majority of the characters really unlikeable? Like it was so hard to root for them at all. Not to mention the weird relationship with a schoolboy thing...I know it was a 'different time' but surely it wasn't that different!!
I was a teenager in the 90s and honestly it's like night and day to how things are for teenagers now. QAF was one of my favourite programmes back then but it's like a lot of 90s programmes (I include Friends and Sex and the City in my list) that haven't aged terribly well. Saying that, I watched Beautiful Thing the other night which I also loved and took me on a lovely nostalgic trip back to the 90s lol.

Reactions: 6
I was a teenager in the 90s and honestly it's like night and day to how things are for teenagers now. QAF was one of my favourite programmes back then but it's like a lot of 90s programmes (I include Friends and Sex and the City in my list) that haven't aged terribly well. Saying that, I watched Beautiful Thing the other night which I also loved and took me on a lovely nostalgic trip back to the 90s lol.
Did you watch 'This Life' back in the 90s? I absolutely loved it, especially Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So I finally got around to watching this. I binge-watch all 5 episodes yesterday then decided to binge-watch it all again today because its just *that* brilliant! 👏.

I have one question though (and forgive me if its already been asked, I can't be bother reading all 23 pages of this thread) Why did Gregory Finch's parents burn all of his belongings after he died? I can understand the reasoning behind burning his clothes but they burnt his baby pictures and childhood toys as well. I found that strange 🤷‍♀️ .

Reactions: 1
So I finally got around to watching this. I binge-watch all 5 episodes yesterday then decided to binge-watch it all again today because its just *that* brilliant!

I have one question though (and forgive me if its already been asked I can't be bother reading all 23 pages of this thread) Why did Gregory Finch's parents burn all of his belongings after he died? I can understand the reasoning behind burning his clothes but they burnt his baby pictures and childhood toys as well. I found that strange 🤷‍♀️ .
I think it was the shame of who he was. Almost as if burning everything would erase all memory of him. I don't think they could cope with his homosexuality and how he died

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I think it was the shame of who he was. Almost as if burning everything would erase all memory of him. I don't think they could cope with his homosexuality and how he died
That explanation did cross my mind initally but now I wonder if his sister forced her parents to burn everything? The sister looked ruthless and emotionless as Gregory's stuff was being burnt on the bonfire, whereas his parents (particularly his dick-of-a-dad) looked genuinely devastated 🤷‍♀️ .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Did you watch 'This Life' back in the 90s? I absolutely loved it, especially Anna.
Oh yes....I adored This Life! I was totally smitten with Miles 🥵🤣

absolutely fantastic show, really captured the zeitgeist... and how much we smoked Marlboro lights back then!
Marlboro lights....that's a blast from the past 🤣 My lungs are thankful I haven't been near them for years!

Reactions: 6
Great series. Although out of all his work, Cucumber ranks as my favourite. Loved the modern fun funky feeling, yet with some seriously dark moments.

Reactions: 5
The way this programme has brought everyone together and openly talking about HIV/AIDS is just brill. My 20 year old son cannot believe Section 28 even got passed. I knew my auntie had been a barrier nurse and nursed AIDS patients and never thought that much about it. Two weeks ago I was speaking to my mum on the phone and she openly told me that my uncle had died due to complications of AIDS. Now I clearly remember my uncle coming home from offshore and never going back and suddenly him just fading away into oblivion. Things like not being with my grandpa picking him up from the heliport or not going to his flat down the beach, he just seemed to disappear. Then suddenly he died and there was a funeral then all his stuff was given away but no actual explanation. She said that my gran had heard about and watched It’s a Sin and called her weeping and said it was time to not be ashamed anymore. It just kills me that so many poor young boys lost their lives to something so stigmatised that they died alone or ashamed like lepers. And that so many families who loved and nursed their children to the end like mine did couldn’t just bury their dead in peace with dignity. This programme has touched so many people I don’t even think everyone in it will ever realise how much. Funnily enough my mum is from a Glaswegian Catholic family who always say “It’s a sin” to describe anything bad happening like if Mary at no 10 has a heart attack then it’s a sin. Or Tesco run out of teabags it’s a sin 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36