It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it all on Saturday night and then again last night, it is probably one of the best peices of television I have ever watched.
I find it incredible how quickly the characters took a place in your heart, Henry and Jaun Pablo were only in the first episode but it broke me when that episode finished, seeing him hiding in the house, in the hospital at the end, how Colin went to visit him, it was all so heartbreaking. Colins character was my favourite, i felt his relief when Mr Hart spotted the magazines and newspapers, actually breathed a sigh of relief alongside him. Was gutted when it lost him his job and then was feeling like a proud mum when he got the keys to the printer shop, his ending had me crying like a baby, I was unsure whether the encounter with football shirt boy was consensual, had to watch again and it appears it was, but get the feeling the boy had no respect for Colin as a person and was using him while denying his own sexuality.
Roscoe was amazing, loved his character, loved the part when he went to see cassius again and realised he'd been played, it was so funny, and pissing in Mrs Ts coffee, amazing.
Richie was brilliant, I felt the world stand still alongside Jill when she was at the harbour with his mum, totally did not see that coming.
There is just too much to write about, really considering a 3rd binge.
I had a third binge last night. I just can't get enough of this.

One lady I was confused about though, was the lady who got off the coach with a black guy. At first I thought she was Colin's Mum, but then she appeared in a wheelchair. This dark haired lady, she was somebody's Mother, but I couldn't work out whose?

I thought she was Jill's Mum as Jill did address her as "Mum" a couple of times.

Reactions: 1

One lady I was confused about though, was the lady who got off the coach with a black guy. At first I thought she was Colin's Mum, but then she appeared in a wheelchair. This dark haired lady, she was somebody's Mother, but I couldn't work out whose?

I thought she was Jill's Mum as Jill did address her as "Mum" a couple of times.
Yes it was Jill's mum, the actress is the real life Jill

Reactions: 5

I think the woman in the wheelchair was Colin's mum - didn't we see Colin helping her with walking once or twice - and the lady who got off the coach was Jill's mum, the black guy was her dad. The actresses do look a bit similar!

Reactions: 4
I think the woman in the wheelchair was Colin's mum - didn't we see Colin helping her with walking once or twice - and the lady who got off the coach was Jill's mum, the black guy was her dad. The actresses do look a bit similar!
You're right, it was Colin's mum. Apparently the actress is a wheelchair user in real life. Plus, her Welsh accent.

Yes, I knew the wheelchair lady was Colin's Mum, but it was the other lady (coach lady) who threw me slightly, as she hadn't been introduced as such. She was just suddenly there, off the coach and mingling with everybody else.

Hadn't her parents already been for dinner at the pink palace? When Jill and Richie told them they were buying it? I'm sure that was before the coach scene

Reactions: 6
Weren't Jill's mum and dad introduced before that at the Pink Palace having a meal there?

Reactions: 3
I haven’t read this yet but it was recommended to me after I went on and on about this programme

Amazon product

Has anyone read it?

Also - reading all the love for this show is making me cry all over again! 😭
Yes it is amazing. I read an article a couple of years ago about this lady, and was so pleased to get this book. It is a tough read and leaves you questioning all sorts of things, society, love, strength and whether you would or could have been as strong as her.

I binge watched 1-4 in one night and then couldn’t wait to finish the final episode the next day. Since then I’ve checked back on this thread every day, I guess because the show left such an impression I’ve wanted to keep thinking about it. I’ve loved reading everyone’s thoughts and comments here. One particular moment that I feel was really poignant and touched me (which I don’t think anyone’s commented on yet) was when Colin’s lovely work colleague was desperately wondering if the mould in their kitchen had caused their illnesses. It was so sad and so well acted. I think many people could relate to that ‘what if?’, should I, could I?’ have prevented this, when faced with an unknown health problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Was Colin’s manager wanting to sleep with him? I figured that from the first episode where he tells him to wash. But then when they go to NY and he comes in the room with wine and sees the magazines, he changes his mind. I’m guessing he changes his mind thinking Colin might have HIV?

Reactions: 10
Was Colin’s manager wanting to sleep with him? I figured that from the first episode where he tells him to wash. But then when they go to NY and he comes in the room with wine and sees the magazines, he changes his mind. I’m guessing he changes his mind thinking Colin might have HIV?
Yeah he was a dirty old pervert. He was later seen being taken out of some public toilets. (In handcuffs by the police, if my memory is correct)

Reactions: 19
I binge watched 1-4 in one night and then couldn’t wait to finish the final episode the next day. Since then I’ve checked back on this thread every day, I guess because the show left such an impression I’ve wanted to keep thinking about it. I’ve loved reading everyone’s thoughts and comments here. One particular moment that I feel was really poignant and touched me (which I don’t think anyone’s commented on yet) was when Colin’s lovely work colleague was desperately wondering if the mould in their kitchen had caused their illnesses. It was so sad and so well acted. I think many people could relate to that ‘what if?’, should I, could I?’ have prevented this, when faced with an unknown health problem.

Fighting with zinc” is that what he said ?
at that point they had no idea and when he was in the stock room with Collin talking about his partner n talking about parrrot flu ( can’t remember the correct term )

Reactions: 1

Fighting with zinc” is that what he said ?
at that point they had no idea and when he was in the stock room with Collin talking about his partner n talking about parrrot flu ( can’t remember the correct term )
Oh yes, I remember now you said about the parrot too. So sad that that they didn’t have a clue of the real cause, but still searching for reasons to blame themselves. It’s a very real and cruel part of processing illness for many people, ‘what did I do wrong to deserve this?’ Awfully sad x

Neil Patrick Harris is a fab actor, he was brilliant as Henry. His hospital scenes were heartbreaking, the pain he projected in his eyes. The pain of never seeing his partner of 30 years again, isolation & knowing he was dying. God, I could cry thinking about it 😭

But his accent was terrible! So baddd 😂 I wish they’d just let him play it American!

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Richies mum reminded me of my mother in law at the end. My brother in law committed suicide and they were in complete denial about it convinced he was murdered by friends who found him.
He was sll about his friends n were more like family than the actual family. And they would not let his friends see him or listen to them when they said they knew what he wanted when he died....they went completely against his wishes. And to this day they still say he was murdered even tho the police report states otherwise. He was depressed and all the signs were there....but they don’t believe in depression.
she was so wrong to not let Richie see his friends he must of felt so confused but maybe deep
Down knew they were on the island n that his
Mum stopped them ?

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Neil Patrick Harris is a fab actor, he was brilliant as Henry. His hospital scenes were heartbreaking, the pain he projected in his eyes. The pain of never seeing his partner of 30 years again, isolation & knowing he was dying. God, I could cry thinking about it 😭

But his accent was terrible! So baddd 😂 I wish they’d just let him play it American!
it's like Sacha Baron Cohen in The Trial of the Chicago 7 - a great, subtle performance but his accent is sooo distractingly all over the place.

Reactions: 2
it's like Sacha Baron Cohen in The Trial of the Chicago 7 - a great, subtle performance but his accent is sooo distractingly all over the place.
Have to say - I'm irish and thought his accent to be quite good.

I've been known to complain about actors Irish accents though - and a small part of me thinks that these people (gerard butler in PS I Love You for example) are saying what they hear - and we just hear it differently😭 pretty appalled that thats what they hear!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3