It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Binged it all last week.
Loved it. Cried laughed cried again mainly.

Shocking to think people with aids hiv were treat 😞
The shows really stayed with me in mind Almost can’t shake it off! Been a while since I’ve watched a show that’s made me think like this.

Reactions: 4
Binged it all last week.
Loved it. Cried laughed cried again mainly.

Shocking to think people with aids hiv were treat 😞
The shows really stayed with me in mind Almost can’t shake it off! Been a while since I’ve watched a show that’s made me think like this.
I knew there was a stigma but didnt know how bad it was horrible thinking of all those poor boys and men that died all alone ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Was he not taken away from the toilets with another boy by the police in one episode? I can’t remember but it looked like him.
One of the older generations that were clearly in the closet, and married. Looked like he was arrested for cottaging.

A beautiful series. I thought they showed the fun hedonistic side quite well balancing it with the heaviness of aids and how gay men were treated.

Colin and his wonderful mother will stay with me

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t cry at tv. But the end when Jill went to sit with Marcus, she held his hand and then he put his other hand on hers. Omg I cried and even thinking about it I’m welling up

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Gloria 💔

When his family were burning everything, even his baby photos, my heart broke. It was like he didn’t exist to them anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
A beautiful series. I thought they showed the fun hedonistic side quite well balancing it with the heaviness of aids and how gay men were treated.

Colin and his wonderful mother will stay with me
I thought this too...it captured the joy of being young and free perfectly, in contrast to the horror that came later.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There was a line that roscoe said at one point and it has stuck with me and will do forever- went something like this ‘ Colin behaved, Colin was good and look what happened to him ‘ 💔
I also agree with a previous poster that Ritchie infecting others gave such an edge to his character, proof of incredible writing. It made you feel angry for all the others that would have been infected but really highlighted the shame he felt.
Colin was the star of the show for me ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I cannot fathom to see your best friends dying in front of you in these conditions.

On a lighter note, on of the nurses in the last episode is Mandy from this country.

Reactions: 7
I also think what was really sad about Colin was that you couldn't even call it a relationship or even a fun fling he had with the football shirt guy. He actually seemed bullying and very rough with Colin and just using him for his own gratification. Contrasting with all the funny, happy experiences Ritchie spoke about as he was dying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I sat down to watch one episode last Saturday and ended up watching the whole series in one go. I have never cried at the TV, not once. But I sobbed and sobbed at this series.
It’s been a week and I’ve thought about it and the characters every single day since.. I just didn’t realise it had been so bad and what those people went through.
I was born in 89 and I can remember being told in sex Ed at primary school that it could be transmitted through kissing.. luckily my mums a nurse and told me that was nonsense. But I still felt a huge stigma around HIV up until very recently tbh and I’m a straight female.
I think it’s one of the best most powerful pieces of TV in recent times because it’s made me just want to do something to help.. I’m just not sure what!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Me and my housemate have just watched the entire series in one sitting. We both cried our eyes out and the ending really got to me. As someone who is only out to one parent, I live in fear of how my Dad will feel. Will he be okay? Will he hate me? Jills speech at the end saying how he felt unloved was the reason he kept it secret. It really hits home and cut deep, in a good way. It was absolutely amazing and broke my heart at the ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just watched the whole lot again for the 2nd time.. Ugly cry mark 2 along with my mum, this series has really got under my skin in a good way. also gone down a massive learning journey, searching how the epidemic started, what happened to all those poor men (and women) and spent hours on the aids memorial insta page.. I was born in 86 so really had no knowledge of what happened.. 🌈

• Heart
But then there's Richie, who's gay. Absolutely definitely gay. He's beautifully gay.

Just loved this part ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24