It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god 💔
I have been resisting this thread for days as I really didn’t want to spoil but
I have watched a lot of tv but that was by far the most incredible thing I have ever seen an absolute work of art. The acting was impeccable. I didn’t know too much about everything that happened as a slightly younger person but it was just beautiful. Watched with my whole family and thinking my dad wouldn’t like it I saw him tear up at the end. How jill kept her cool my god, that part has to be one of my favorites. I adored all of the characters. This just has to win awards
Speechless

• Heart
Reactions: 17
SPOLIERS
Colins storyline was upsetting :cry: I liked him the most he was so lovely. I did not know the virus could take you so quickly! The treatments these days are so advanced could have saved so many people. When Richie saw the lesion on don's back he knew.

Reactions: 12
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the real life Jill plays Jill's mum in the show, which I think is a lovely tribute

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Watched it all in one sitting. Cried for Colin. And the mother at the end? I shouted witch aloud. Fantastic show. Loved it

Reactions: 8
La!
It's a Sin was one of the best things I've ever laid eyes on.
Couldn't not binge watch from start to finish. After it ended I had the biggest lump in my throat that didn't go away possibly for a good 10 minutes.
Might watch again this weekend.
Can't wait for my La! t shirt to arrive.

Also - I wonder did anyone else have the realisation at the start when it was set in 1981 that this was 40 years ago?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SPOLIERS
Colins storyline was upsetting :cry: I liked him the most he was so lovely. I did not know the virus could take you so quickly! The treatments these days are so advanced could have saved so many people. When Richie saw the lesion on don's back he knew.
I cried so much at Colin 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
What I I also thought was a real testament to great writing and acting was how engaged we all felt with the characters and how invested we were in them.

It was only five 46 min episodes, so to feel that much emotion was really amazing. Colin, for example, was only in the first three episodes and I still dissolve into a mess thinking about him.

That is very powerful.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There was a line that roscoe said at one point and it has stuck with me and will do forever- went something like this ‘ Colin behaved, Colin was good and look what happened to him ‘ 💔
I also agree with a previous poster that Ritchie infecting others gave such an edge to his character, proof of incredible writing. It made you feel angry for all the others that would have been infected but really highlighted the shame he felt.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I finished watching this last weekend but I have spent a lot of time every day this week thinking significantly about the show, the people, the impact.
I was sobbing about Colin and my husband, simply trying to comfort me said, it’s ok Colin is just a character. I said yes, Colin is a character in a tv show, however there are hundreds...thousands of real Colins out there. And I feel like I knew him. I felt like I knew all of them! Fabulously written, produced and acted.
Also I ordered my La t-shirt the other day, with £20 going straight to the Terrence Higgins Trust.

• Heart
Reactions: 16