It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nominated for 11 BAFTAs !! Woke up to Hearing Collins voice( bbc news was on the tv) thought I was dreaming!
Callum was interviewed on bbc news about the BAFTAs
they had to show the bit where Colin wanted his mammy, so I could start the day with tears in my eyes 😭 I really really hope he wins 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 2
they had to show the bit where Colin wanted his mammy, so I could start the day with tears in my eyes 😭 I really really hope he wins 🤞🤞🤞
That’s what I woke up to 😢😢😢 then they said they were talking to Callum in an hour. He is so sweet n humble ❤

Reactions: 1
This fabulous drama was up for 11 BAFTA’s and didn’t win anything. How is that possible?!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
This fabulous drama was up for 11 BAFTA’s and didn’t win anything. How is that possible?!
I couldn’t believe it when I saw it on Twitter! Havnt watched the BAFTAs but read they muted the clips they showed!
On Lorraine today they were shocked they didn’t win!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
How this didn't win a single award is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that it might have suffered coming out so early last year.

Reactions: 6
I completely missed that it was up for Bafta's but not surprised to read it. Very surprised however to read that it didn't win anything!! My god, it's a masterpiece!

Along similar lines, has anyone watched Aids: The Unheard Tapes on iplayer? It's very good (if "good" is the right term for something so tragic) Really interesting account of that time, the gay community had it so rough.

Reactions: 4
I completely missed that it was up for Bafta's but not surprised to read it. Very surprised however to read that it didn't win anything!! My god, it's a masterpiece!

Along similar lines, has anyone watched Aids: The Unheard Tapes on iplayer? It's very good (if "good" is the right term for something so tragic) Really interesting account of that time, the gay community had it so rough.
Yes, I binged this on 'AIDS: The Unheard Tapes' iPlayer the other day. Just stunning, insightful and heart-breaking. I was wrecked after watching this, a definite must watch though.

Yes, I binged this on 'AIDS: The Unheard Tapes' iPlayer the other day. Just stunning, insightful and heart-breaking. I was wrecked after watching this, a definite must watch though.
It was absolutely heart breaking. The performances of the actors where so good but weirdly it was the male HIV nurse, Lee, who really got me. He seemed to be living with so much pain and came across as such a lovely man.

• Heart
It was absolutely heart breaking. The performances of the actors where so good but weirdly it was the male HIV nurse, Lee, who really got me. He seemed to be living with so much pain and came across as such a lovely man.
Yes, Lee the nurse was such a beautiful soul and he was so traumatised by what he had seen, the patients he got to know, seeing friends admitted to the HIV ward and just the sheer turmoil and frustration of it all. He really captivated me. He just wanted to do good by those patients and made sure their final days were comfortable and that they were treated with respect.

• Heart

I watched it the other day, such a tragic story told so wonderfully, the doctor who worked on the wards, when he was getting emotional it was making me tear up.

I can't remember his name but the man they had talking who worked at a helpline and lost his partner, he said at one point he was having to face that within 12 months he could have a full blown illness... when they transitioned at the end from the actor to the actual man I nearly burst out crying.
I absolutely didn't see it coming, he must've been so fearful back then and he's still here, isn't medicine wonderful!

Still absolutely heartbreaking to think of all the other men who sadly passed, they'll never ever be forgotten by the people who new them or learned of them, there's something rather beautiful in all of that.

• Heart
I’m just watching this now.

it must have been terrifying. It was so sad hearing their interviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 3