Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
This Wednesday will be a big day in Ireland. The Dáil are voting on a motion to expel the Israeli ambassador, sanction Israel economically, and to refer the Israeli Government to the International Criminal Court to investigate war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity.

Mehole said they’ve no intention of referring them to the international criminal court.

Reactions: 4

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
He has previously worked at Al Shifa, but given he's banned from entering Israel, I doubt he'd have made it back.

I assume the video of him calling out Biden is using audio from the current conflict, but any tweet stating he's recording from Al Shifa presently is incorrect, I believe.
Yeah I looked and it seems he only posted the video a couple of days ago, so it looks like he's added those screams in the background for effect. Sorry, I totally did think he was there at the moment so I see that it's misleading.

knowall

TBH I can see why posters might disappear quickly because some of these posts, if you're Jewish, are psychologically very damaging. But as usual Jews are asked to prove that something is anti-Semitic in a way that no other ethnic minority group is asked to prove something is racist.
Posters are systematically chased off this thread by a few vocal.
I can't think what is different to this war compared to all the other conflicts. 🙄
Screenshot_20231113_124244_Brave.jpg

pommobear

VIP Member
By that definition aren’t we all pro Israel?

I can be pro Israel and criticise the killing of innocent babies
I can be pro Israel and criticise the collective punishment of Palestinians in Gaza

I can only speak for myself but calling out war crimes isn’t anti-Israel. It is anti-Israeli government.

Israel has a a right to exist. Palestine has a right to exist. Both have a right to a peaceful and secure existence. Neither the Israeli government nor Hamas will help make this happen.
I was referring the previous poster who referred to "pro-Israel" posters as if it was a derogatory concept.

knowall

There was already a ceasefire on October 7th, Hamas broke it.
---

Palestine rejected a two state solution. What Hamas want is the Jews out of Israel, and these past few weeks have shown me that many apparently liberal people also think that's the correct and proper solution.

Put it this way, if Hamas were bombing Israel right now to the same extent that Israel are bombing Palestine (which I do NOT and have never agreed with), I believe that many people would see this as a fight for freedom, not genocide.
Yes! I posted exactly that on this thread the other day.
I never thought I would agree with HC, but I do like facts especially around this whole situation where there is so much fake news.

• Haha
  • Sick

dm2022

Chatty Member
Shaun King has posted about them stealing Palestinian skin and someone’s mentioned it in the comments as well

• Wow
  • Sad

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I remember people (“nut nuts”) wasting their time taking to the streets to protest against the Poll Tax. What an utter, completely futile protest that was…….oh, wait!
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. see also the protests against the Iraq war and Brexit.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone know about this ceasefire that is meant to happen? I read that Hamas was going to release mothers and babies and Israel was going to stop for a set amount of time? But I’m not sure if it’s wishful thinking or something that has been set in stone

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think that's certainly a conclusion that could be drawn, but it could also be concluded that Al Shifa was closest to where they intended to hold the hostages, and it was easier to have a short transport with a hostage after treatment than before treatment.
That’s a good point, it would make sense to keep the hostages as close to where they were going to imprison them as possible.
What do you think about this tunnel they have found near or under the hospital? I don’t know what to make of it.

Reactions: 3

Warpaint

VIP Member
If someone claims Israeli citizenship by the law of return do they have to serve in the army or is only people who were born there?

Charlotte1993

VIP Member
Do you mean the man with the blue top and blue shorts being held up by other men? He looks like he’s bending over so it could be an internal wound there or he could have broken bones.
---

Yes I think this is what some people are saying - there is a clip with two men in dark tops and both have large guns across their bodies.
No the one lying down with his stomach full of blood I can’t believe I just wrote that 🥲

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
2 million people trapped in a small space with bombs being dropped from the sky every 20 seconds. If anything I’d say the number of deaths is underestimated. Prepare for those figures to rise accordingly if or when they’re able to get to the people trapped under the rubble. BBC News reporting just now that Al Shifa hospital is no longer functioning at all. There’s nowhere to treat the wounded who’ll be facing certain death now. Little kids with third degree burns and nobody to help them or ease their pain. Calculated cruelty, collective punishment, war crimes and this will go down in history as genocide, let there be no doubt about it.
I hadn’t seen the independent confirmations. It just seemed like a lot of the time the media was instantly reporting the Hamas figures without question straight away. However, I do trust the Red Cross figures and reporting so if that is coming in now then I’ll hold my hands up.