Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #18

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on the MSM - only the News on C4 does a half decent job in the UK

For me the important thing is what people do next - the awareness is great but if they post once and do nothing then it won’t help, it’s not even a real image of Rafah. But if it makes people read, discuss, learn then great.

They’ve murdered more people in Rafah this morning 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm sure celebs and influencers have been well aware of what's been happening. Since October 7th, all the big accounts have limited comments on their posts or even turned off their DMs.

I have mixed feelings about what's being perceived as jumping on the bandwagon and the neutrality of the posts now shared (like #alleyesonrafah or Save the Children's post where they don't even mention who's doing the killing). But a lot more people are donating to the aid agencies which can only be a good thing.

Reactions: 19
The BBC will forever been in the bin for me. What a load of tit.

---
If we ever solve the Israel problem the next big one is the USA one. What the hell is wrong with that country!?? Honestly they are such a blight on this planet.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
The reasoning behind it being AI generated as I have seen people have issues with that.

I'm just tired of the negative takes, I am not interested in gatekeeping the movement, I want more and more people to speak out and I am not going to admonish them or say "your not doing it properly" when they do. It's reductive.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The reasoning behind it being AI generated as I have seen people have issues with that.

I'm just tired of the negative takes, I am not interested in gatekeeping the movement, I want more and more people to speak out and I am not going to admonish them or say "your not doing it properly" when they do. It's reductive.

I thought that might be the reason for the AI image. I’ve had multiple posts removed by Instagram before.

I saw a tweet from some guy saying people on "the left" "prematurely" called this a genocide.

Because, obviously the last 70+ years count for nothing and how was anyone to know this was how it'd turn out?

I believe that's the opinion of many. That anyone showing compassion early was just being overly sensitive and now all the sensible people can see things for what they are.

It's maddening.
I genuinely think at this point that people don’t know the meaning of genocide. They seem to think that genocide relates solely to the amount of people killed (36,000+ clearly isn’t enough for them). They don’t seem to realise that the conditions of genocide cover a lot more than murder.

A reminder of what genocide is for those who struggle 👇 I think it’s safe to say Israel is committing genocide in Palestine.

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Reactions: 20
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
There is a reason they targeted hospitals and medical workers. And it's not because of khamassss tunnels. It's because they don't want Palestinians to survive.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
There is a reason they targeted hospitals and medical workers. And it's not because of khamassss tunnels. It's because they don't want Palestinians to survive.
There won’t be a single person in Palestine who remains unaffected. If they haven’t been killed, injured, starved or forcibly displaced then they will live with the psychological effects for generations. If that’s not genocide then what is?
Israel have decimated essential infrastructure, destroyed homes, hospitals, schools, colleges, places of worship and ensured that life will never, ever be the same in Palestine. They’ve murdered doctors, nurses, surgeons, teachers, journalists, academics. New mothers are having their wombs removed because the healthcare system is destroyed and the usual alternative treatments aren’t available. They’ve tortured them, imprisoned them, dehumanised them, starved them, murdered them, dropped white phosphorus on them. And they’re doing it while the world watches, with absolute impunity.

The protests are starting to heat up more now, so many yesterday and today and yet very little coverage in our media about them. That means they are scared, I take comfort in that. Sadly though, things only seem to be getting worse in Rafah.

Reactions: 10
Belated by work, but some thoughts spurred by the discussion on the first page, around the surge in social media postings today - sometimes people need to see others acting before they feel brave enough to do so. Some will only look into issues if they see them talked about by their friends or those they admire.

Part of the celebrity blockout was to force these people with huge reach to talk, to acknowledge what is happening, as they would be shown they risk more being silent than they risked speaking out. It's clearly working, as today people with followings who have resisted any push to talk about what is going on have spoken out. They may not be entirely sincere, they may not be passionate, but they empower others to speak out, and they force any in their audience who have remained ignorant to gain knowledge.

I'm thrilled people are speaking out, because silence for fear of condemnation will always be worse.

• Heart
I am so glad I don't pay for a BBC tv licence.

Amongst all of this all I can hear is sweet, little Hind's voice. As awful as it is I pray her last moment was instant and she had no more fear or torture to deal with. While her voice changed nothing in this situation it is a lasting moment for me.

And now Bisan. Getting penned into a smaller and smaller area. I know she never mentions where her actual location is, and I know she has stayed because of her extended family, I know she is not press as such. But she is there. Please God keep her safe.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Nikki Haley, nee Nimarata Nikki Randhawa, has always been this vile individual. Some may recall her being the U.S. representative at the UN, collecting a cheque whilst doing nothing much. When not writing disgusting things on warheads, she waits by the phone for Trump's call to ask her to be his running mate. :rolleyes:

That Kirby tit for brains spokesman is the worst of a crappy lot of spokespeople for the White House. Remember this is the same guy who, whilst at the podium several months ago, wore the dog-tags of an IDF soldier held captive in Gaza. Nothing to see here folks!

I too am of two minds of the Eyes on Rafah push now. We are going into June, over half a year of this slaughter, and now people are upset and dismayed? The collective punishment, the shutting off of water and electricity, the starvation, bombing hospitals, bombing so-called secure routes out of conflict areas, targeting journalists, aid workers, physicians, nurses, ambulances, The unknown woman in Atlanta and Aaron Bushnell self-immolating. Amputations without anesthetic. The shear number of children killed. The orphans taking care of siblings. Sidra Hassouna's body dangling from a building with her legs shorn off. The IDF shooting to death Gazan civilians with white flags and hostages Yotam Haim, Samer Talaka and Alon Shamriz also with white flags. The Rajab family fired upon by a tank in their car, the voice of Hind's 15yo cousin Layan Hamadeh begging for assistance only to be heard screaming, the call goes silent, the emergency services worker repeatedly saying, hello to silence. Hind Rajab surviving alone with their corpses waiting in vain for the ambulance to come save her, only for emergency workers and herself to be killed. The murder of desperate Gazans at a flour truck near Gaza City, which would be repeated 3 more times. The attack on the World Central Kitchen with foreigners killed. The disgusting IDF social media posts. The theft and wanton destruction. These are what I can remember off the top of my head, all flashpoints that I thought would wake people up and find their bloody backbones. Bombing tents in a supposed safe zone, close. I now know that the money shot for people is man wailing with the body of a baby held aloft, missing its head. It is beyond grotesque and obsene, but then this whole seige has been this way since day 1.

To those who have finally shown up I say WHERE THE duck HAVE YOU BEEN?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am so glad this initiative exists. Those who have supported the genocide will not be able to row back without consequence

Nikki Haley, nee Nimarata Nikki Randhawa, has always been this vile individual. Some may recall her being the U.S. representative at the UN, collecting a cheque whilst doing nothing much. When not writing disgusting things on warheads, she waits by the phone for Trump's call to ask her to be his running mate. :rolleyes:

That Kirby tit for brains spokesman is the worst of a crappy lot of spokespeople for the White House. Remember this is the same guy who, whilst at the podium several months ago, wore the dog-tags of an IDF soldier held captive in Gaza. Nothing to see here folks!

I too am of two minds of the Eyes on Rafah push now. We are going into June, over half a year of this slaughter, and now people are upset and dismayed? The collective punishment, the shutting off of water and electricity, the starvation, bombing hospitals, bombing so-called secure routes out of conflict areas, targeting journalists, aid workers, physicians, nurses, ambulances, The unknown woman in Atlanta and Aaron Bushnell self-immolating. Amputations without anesthetic. The shear number of children killed. The orphans taking care of siblings. Sidra Hassouna's body dangling from a building with her legs shorn off. The IDF shooting to death Gazan civilians with white flags and hostages Yotam Haim, Samer Talaka and Alon Shamriz also with white flags. The Rajab family fired upon by a tank in their car, the voice of Hind's 15yo cousin Layan Hamadeh begging for assistance only to be heard screaming, the call goes silent, the emergency services worker repeatedly saying, hello to silence. Hind Rajab surviving alone with their corpses waiting in vain for the ambulance to come save her, only for emergency workers and herself to be killed. The murder of desperate Gazans at a flour truck near Gaza City, which would be repeated 3 more times. The attack on the World Central Kitchen with foreigners killed. The disgusting IDF social media posts. The theft and wanton destruction. These are what I can remember off the top of my head, all flashpoints that I thought would wake people up and find their bloody backbones. Bombing tents in a supposed safe zone, close. I now know that the money shot for people is man wailing with the body of a baby held aloft, missing its head. It is beyond grotesque and obsene, but then this whole seige has been this way since day 1.

To those who have finally shown up I say WHERE THE duck HAVE YOU BEEN?
Amen.

Reactions: 9
Another thought, apropos of nothing, re: today's social media - several of my work friends have shared the image today. At work our jobs require us to be "politically neutral" in the workplace, so any discussion of Palestine or discussion of fundraising efforts I undertake like I normally would for "non-political" initiatives I'm part of have not been viable.

Knowing which side of history they're standing on means we can actually discuss things outside of the more public work areas, which increases my reach and ability to help. Today we can see each other and expand our reach for discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am surrounded by people who have their heads in the clouds and either choose not to care, can't face the reality or genuinely have no idea.

It doesn't matter how many times I try to talk about it I am met with blank faces. I don't want to proselytize but I do want to, I don't know open their eyes to what is going on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Regarding the “All Eyes on Rafah” image, a friend of mine has recently been elected as a labour councillor, she’s said nothing on her socials for the last 8 months but has posted that image on her IG last night. I know this woman she’s talked on everything and I was sad and disappointed she’d kept 🤐 on this. She’s definitely been told by the Labour Party not to say anything about Gaza and that makes me rage. I was going to say something but I’m just so angry I can’t trust myself not to go ballistic. I’m all for more people waking up and furthering the cause but I hate this social media performative bs like the BLM black square. It’s just so limp. Show the reality not some “nice” AI generated nonsense!

• Heart