Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #18

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't care how late people are as long as they speak up. I ain't gatekeeping. The more people who speak up the better it is for the Palestinians and at the end of the day they are all that matters in this.
No of course , I just mean in the sense that this could have ended so long ago with less deaths if people had opened their eyes.

Reactions: 13
I wonder if it’s been genuinely a case that these people haven’t been doing anything behind the scenes or haven’t been following what has been happening other than in mainstream (biased) media or have a lot of them thought this was wrong for some time but have been scared to speak out? I don’t know.
Maybe it’s a combination of the channel 4 documentary, and also the fact the images (as I said, I’ve seen some things inc the whole tank pictures) but the video of the child…I just think it’s really really hard to continue to be “passive” or “I don’t know enough about it”…quite clearly you are a psychopath if you can see that video and think “yep, deserved” so I think people whom haven’t had the courage to post/speak up/voice opinions now have that courage as this situation (not that any of the others weren’t in my opinion) is so obvious as to what has happened and it’s been posted everywhere. Isreal can’t hide - the fact they’ve tried to say it was a mistake is absolutely disgraceful.

They’ve done these “mistakes” so many times and got away with it. I pray they no longer can after last nights images…I can hope anyway 😞
I agree I have been following this atrocious occupation for years my sister got me into it when I was relatively young because she has always been someone that has stood up and protested since her uni days so yeh I’ve always been a staunch supporter of the Palestinian cause.
I try to remember that a lot of people are ignorant of the history because the Palestinian cause has been buried for a long time pair that with the mainstream media’s xenophobic rhetoric and their portrayal of the Zionists as the good guys and it’s not surprising that many have got the wrong end of the stick.
When you go online the Zionists have an army of people paid to spread misinformation and doubt making it hard for a person just having a casual scroll on social media to navigate what’s true vs false and if they’re relying on the regular news then they are definitely screwed because they’re being gaslighted like a goodun.
let’s be honest a lot of people are just so busy with life or they just prefer light entertainment over the news and politics, I have friends that are obsessed with makeup tutorials and fashion haul vldeos because they have taxing jobs and they prefer something light to unwind with after a heavy day.
I’m just happy to see people starting to wake up because it’s been very frustrating I only hope it’s not too late.

Reactions: 22
This man, a non Jew, a rumoured arms dealer and organiser of "We Believe In Israel" has been responsible for expelling Jews from Labour because they were of the wrong political persuasion. Not a peep from the media.

Regarding the vile Nikki Haley she is well paid for her disgusting fascism.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Ah same, I’ve felt annoyed at myself for being angry that my whole feed on Instagram is posting now. I know this is what we’ve wanted the whole time but I can’t help but feel it’s a bit bleeping late
27 million shares and counting for the eyes on Rafah template on Insta, it’s all I’ve seen on my feed today, pretty much everyone I follow has shared it including lots of influencers who had previously said nothing. While I’m glad to see people posting it feels like some people are only doing it because it finally feels “safe” to call Israel out. That said I feel like we’re edging closer to a turning point so I hope people keep the momentum going.

Reactions: 19
IMG_5586.jpeg

---
The Japanese also previously donated $65 million in aid.
---
On top of $10 million.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes definitely. It's all starting to bubble over I think. This image has been shared 24.7 million times today on peoples Instagram stories. People who were doubting that their leaders could really be complicit in a Genocide are finally realising that they in fact are. The ICJ ruling has a part to play in this I believe but also the tent massacre. There was no excuse for it. NONE.
View attachment 2962201
I wouldn’t get your hopes up tbh, this being reposted by a bunch of people on instagram is performative activism at its finest. They will repost it and then think nothing more about it. The vast majority won’t donate, wont protest and won’t spread any knowledge of what’s actually happening. They probably don’t even know themselves. They will repost a generic screenshot because everyone else is and think they’ve done their bit.
It was exactly the same with the black square on blackout Tuesday. They were just jumping on the latest trend.
It makes me so mad

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I see both sides wrt the #alleyesonrafah but, because I've only ever wanted Israel to STOP, it pleases me to know that they must know how appalled we all are. So the more the better I suppose! This needs to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wouldn’t get your hopes up tbh, this being reposted by a bunch of people on instagram is performative activism at its finest. They will repost it and then think nothing more about it. The vast majority won’t donate, wont protest and won’t spread any knowledge of what’s actually happening. They probably don’t even know themselves. They will repost a generic screenshot because everyone else is and think they’ve done their bit.
It was exactly the same with the black square on blackout Tuesday. They were just jumping on the latest trend.
It makes me so mad
This is how I feel along with the fact it's also an AI generated image. It doesn't show the harsh realities of what's happening so people don't feel like they will be upsetting people by posting it on their story. I would find it far more effective if it highlighted what was happening in Rafah and across Palestine, that people were senselessly killed in their tents and burnt to death. We can't sugarcoat it to make it palatable, we have tell people how exactly it is, hundreds of people are being bombed to death, dying of starvation, dying from complex medical issues etc. every single day

Reactions: 13
I think people are just wondering why it's happening now, specifically. It's been almost 8 months of this, daily, and this campaign seems kind of coordinated, but why couldn't it have happened tens of thousands of deaths previously? There's a resentment around that which is completely understandable, imo.

Reactions: 11
I hear you re the resentment and rage.

Honestly I'm furious at the people who have stayed silent.

But I just hope that people are waking up to reality and losing their fear of having "antisemite" shrieked at them.

Every pro Palestinian on these threads has been abused and smeared unfairly and relentlessly and it has been horrendous tbf.

So any sign of the tide turning is a plus in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is how I feel along with the fact it's also an AI generated image. It doesn't show the harsh realities of what's happening so people don't feel like they will be upsetting people by posting it on their story. I would find it far more effective if it highlighted what was happening in Rafah and across Palestine, that people were senselessly killed in their tents and burnt to death. We can't sugarcoat it to make it palatable, we have tell people how exactly it is, hundreds of people are being bombed to death, dying of starvation, dying from complex medical issues etc. every single day
I’m hoping that people will investigate further to see what it’s all about so at least some will become more educated on the situation. I know I’m guilty of seeing something that has led me down a long rabbit hole.
We can only hope.
ETA how brave is the icc prosecutor for proceeding after very real threats to him and his family what a hero 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I personally think it’s because of the ICC. There have already been too many massacres to count.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve mixed emotions about the celebrities and influencers now sharing the all eyes on Rafah post. Im annoyed that it’s taken so long for them to speak up but also relieved that in now doing so, it may make a lot more people more aware of the atrocities taking place. The reporting from the MSM has meant that some people literally have no idea of what’s going on. I was talking to someone about it today who didn’t.

Reactions: 18
I guess it just feels like a wee bit of a vindication. It's been a lonely eight / nine months out there on Instagram some days and it's sometimes felt like a struggle to keep up the momentum (I know how "first world problems" that sounds in the face of an ongoing genocide) when met with seeming indifference, but we have pushed through and I think it has made a difference, the drip drip of social media posts has laid the groundwork for some of the reality to filter through to people who don't have a clue or who purposely stayed out of it due to fear.

Group hug to all my fellow beautiful humanitarians.

And an almighty duck off to the disgusting trolls who haunt this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder if it’s been genuinely a case that these people haven’t been doing anything behind the scenes or haven’t been following what has been happening other than in mainstream (biased) media or have a lot of them thought this was wrong for some time but have been scared to speak out? I don’t know.
Maybe it’s a combination of the channel 4 documentary, and also the fact the images (as I said, I’ve seen some things inc the whole tank pictures) but the video of the child…I just think it’s really really hard to continue to be “passive” or “I don’t know enough about it”…quite clearly you are a psychopath if you can see that video and think “yep, deserved” so I think people whom haven’t had the courage to post/speak up/voice opinions now have that courage as this situation (not that any of the others weren’t in my opinion) is so obvious as to what has happened and it’s been posted everywhere. Isreal can’t hide - the fact they’ve tried to say it was a mistake is absolutely disgraceful.

They’ve done these “mistakes” so many times and got away with it. I pray they no longer can after last nights images…I can hope anyway 😞
I saw a tweet from some guy saying people on "the left" "prematurely" called this a genocide.

Because, obviously the last 70+ years count for nothing and how was anyone to know this was how it'd turn out?

I believe that's the opinion of many. That anyone showing compassion early was just being overly sensitive and now all the sensible people can see things for what they are.

It's maddening.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I personally think it’s because of the ICC. There have already been too many massacres to count.
Can I ask why you think that I’m asking because from what I’ve seen Israel and the west have shown a total disregard for anything they’ve said even now after an ICJ ruling Netanyahu is ploughing ahead giving the middle finger to everyone.
The people I blame are the politicians that have provided political over and funded the genocide.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Netanyahu said the tents at Rafah bombing was a mistake but when he does it again the media here is all crickets.

No one is putting the pressure on Israel except the ICJ and a handful of countries.

Lots of world leaders have blood on their hands.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I think people are just wondering why it's happening now, specifically. It's been almost 8 months of this, daily, and this campaign seems kind of coordinated, but why couldn't it have happened tens of thousands of deaths previously? There's a resentment around that which is completely understandable, imo.
The ICJ ruling.
---
35.4 million

It might not mean a lot to some people but it's a sign to the people of Palestine at least, that we are not our world leaders, that we do care. Just like they listened to Hinds Hall, just like they see footage of the protests and student encampments.

We all know an image shared on social media doesn't "do" anything. It's not going to change policies, it's not going to stop bombs from falling but it's a show of solidarity being used as it was designed to be used (unlike the black squares on Instagram but personally I believe that was just poor communication from people who lived their lives online and not the fault of people who shared it).

People had the same attitude about boycotting. They were wrong. I think people should not be so quick to dismiss a show of solidarity as pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Now we just need the MSM to start properly reporting for all those who aren't on social media and haven't seen some of the atrocities.

• Heart
Reactions: 14