Israeli -- Palestinian Conflict #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, I can see why people would want to. Hell, I've had some thoughts of being Hamas!
It annoys the heck out of me that people don't use their tiny brains to work out why Hamas exists. They portray Hamas as religious extremists because a) it suits their islamophobic agenda and b) it makes Israel's actions more "palatable".

The existence of Israel is literally based on zionist interpretations of religious text. Illegal settlements, blockades, occupation, genocide - all in the name of the biblical promised land of the chosen people. Why this isn't classed as religious extremism is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It annoys the heck out of me that people don't use their tiny brains to work out why Hamas exists. They portray Hamas as religious extremists because a) it suits their islamophobic agenda and b) it makes Israel's actions more "palatable".

The existence of Israel is literally based on zionist interpretations of religious text. Illegal settlements, blockades, occupation, genocide - all in the name of the biblical promised land of the chosen people. Why this isn't classed as religious extremism is beyond me.
The argument I cannot stand is ‘well Hamas shouldn’t have…’ and then some insane comparison. Like killing 30,000 people is an appropriate response to *anything*

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You don’t need to watch tomorrow. In a nutshell all they will say is:

But but but Khamas
This trial is antisemitic

All power to everyone who spoke today. Strong, articulate, intelligent, factual and most importantly, right.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Blood libel my ass as Jim Royle would say.
I thought libel was when the statements written are lies but seeing as there is a river of blood and they did kill the people mentioned I don’t see it myself they’re just twats what do they stand to gain from such ridiculous statements?

• Heart
Of course Hamas wants a ceasefire. Such nonsense.
Why did they break the last ceasefire? Why are they constantly firing missiles from Gaza. They knew exactly what would happen when they launched their attack on 7th October. They consistently maintain that their aim is the removal of Israel. Why do they just not surrender? You are very naive if you think that Hamas is remotely interested in peace or the well being of Palestinian civilians in Gaza. You don’t bring misery and destruction on millions of people if you care about their well being.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Why did they break the last ceasefire? Why are they constantly firing missiles from Gaza. They knew exactly what would happen when they launched their attack on 7th October. They consistently maintain that their aim is the removal of Israel. Why do they just not surrender? You are very naive if you think that Hamas is remotely interested in peace or the well being of Palestinian civilians in Gaza. You don’t bring misery and destruction on millions of people if you care about their well being.
Oh what a privileged person you must be to think that an oppressed population should just sit down and be quiet while the world forgets them. I suppose you also believe the ANC should have embraced apartheid? Or that the suffragettes should have accepted that they can't vote? Or that the Ukrainians should go ahead and put down their arms?

These armchair experts who get their news from the Daily Fail and have no idea about the reality of oppression, war and genocide annoy me the most.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What ceasefire? The one that left 200 Palestinian dead in 2023 by August 2023, months before 7/10? Honestly Moley where do you get off laying all this tit on Hamas’ door, what about the previous 75 years are we ignoring that again? It’s not fkng Hamas launching the BOMBS into Gaza, it’s fkng Israel that’s bringing misery and destruction to millions - maybe see the legal argument it may help…are you ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Didn't the original Jews refuse to be slaves? Hamas was born from the artificial creation of Israel, the decades of murder and oppression that went unchallenged.

This is the first time the whole world has actually noticed.
---
The British gave away what was not theirs to give.

• Heart
As for my naivety, I'll stick my hands up to it - before this, it never crossed my mind that even the most smooth-brained of libs could ever both-sides a genocide, or that the Labour Party would take the side of the freaking genocidaire. What can I say, you live and learn.

• Heart
Didn't the original Jews refuse to be slaves? Hamas was born from the artificial creation of Israel, the decades of murder and oppression that went unchallenged.

This is the first time the whole world has actually noticed.
---
The British gave away what was not theirs to give.
And we can see where they got the tunnel idea 💡 maybe from underground bunkers that Israel built under the hospitals and maliciously tried to pin on Hamas as a mandate for bombing a hospital grrr
Or maybe they were inspired by the New York tunnels cough cough 🙄

Reactions: 6
As for my naivety, I'll stick my hands up to it - before this, it never crossed my mind that even the most smooth-brained of libs could ever both-sides a genocide, or that the Labour Party would take the side of the freaking genocidaire. What can I say, you live and learn.
I was totally naive to *everything* before this, I’ll freely admit. I came on here asking for someone to explain it to me like I was 5. I read and researched and even now as a relatively newbie and probably not 100% understanding everything and the political landscape history, I can still see this for what it is - a genocide and completely illegal and murderous 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Moley has all the answers, Hamas is the problem…but here’s me still waiting for that evidence of them throwing their own off “roooves”

• Haha
Are you OK?
---
Lived and learnt so much about us, politics, just how depraved some people can be but mostly that humanity as we thought we knew it does not exist. Never again, never again indeed. Lip service. For 90 odd days we have watched never again unfold in technicolour. And not one Western leader thinks 12 year old boys picking up the internal organs of their dead relative is an issue? Not one.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Anyone that can’t see a genocide unfolding in real time should really visit specsavers.
Maybe the pro Israeli is in fact an Israeli because they’re hiding it all on their media so maybe they should dig deeper and if they’re still blind they could visit specsavers 👓

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was totally naive to *everything* before this, I’ll freely admit. I came on here asking for someone to explain it to me like I was 5. I read and researched and even now as a relatively newbie and probably not 100% understanding everything and the political landscape history, I can still see this for what it is - a genocide and completely illegal and murderous 🤦🏽‍♀️
I was the same too. I knew there was always conflict, but I never looked deeper at the history behind it all. In '21 - I didn't read the headlines. As it didn't personally affect me, I could go about my day.

This time around there is no escaping it. You are forced to finally see the horrors of the truth. We have also learned that all lives do not matter. That you can murder children, journalists, bomb hospitals, schools and try to get away with it.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.