Israeli -- Palestinian Conflict #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moley has all the answers, Hamas is the problem…but here’s me still waiting for that evidence of them throwing their own off “roooves”
Honestly, if people don’t see it now it’s because they don’t want to. If one country inflicts illegal settlements on another, water occupation, apartheid, murder (loooong before 7/10) and there’s no consequences, no due process, no hope of justice then a resistance movement will emerge, they will retaliate in whatever way they can. Anyone who doesn’t understand why “Khamas” exists is speaking from a place of blind privilege. Lucky them. That doesn’t mean I condone murder but come back to me when you’ve been chucked out of your family home, had your land stolen, had your daughter thrown in jail for no reason, your son murdered, your rights and freedoms taken away and let me know how you feel then. Ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Illegal settlements, blockades, occupation, genocide - all in the name of the biblical promised land of the chosen people. Why this isn't classed as religious extremism is beyond me.
They clearly seem to also miss out the seventh commandment given. "Thou shalt not steal".

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Clare Daly is a legend "they're at their most vicious but this is the darkness before the dawn" - those words gave me goosebumps

I mean Mick Wallace is too

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That will never happen the US funds it.
I have a question do you think that South Africa should have used more visuals because we know Israel will and a picture paints a thousand words.
ETA I would love to see the US get some 💩 for a change.

Reactions: 1
"in the desperate, so far vain, hope that the world might finally do something" is a word that has really stuck with me today.

The world truly needs (needed about 93 darts so) to do something. They are human beings.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I haven't watched the whole of day 1 yet.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think not having visuals will matter.

Reactions: 5
That will never happen the US funds it.
I have a question do you think that South Africa should have used more visuals because we know Israel will and a picture paints a thousand words.
ETA I would love to see the US get some 💩 for a change.
Absolutely not! They pitched it perfectly, they didn't need to sensationalize it to run the case. The fact they didn't also means that Israel wont or will make themselves look ridiculous. I really loved that they didn't show the grimness of this conflict, those judges will be seeing that stuff till they can't stomach anymore in the coming years. This was about 2 hours of submissions to get a fast interim order. I thought it was so brilliantly executed, calm, factual and logical. Each counsel had their part, it was like a play with the various roles. I'm still slightly jealous that I was never and never will be as good an advocate as any of them...genuinely outstanding.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Absolutely not! They pitched it perfectly, they didn't need to sensationalize it to run the case. The fact they didn't also means that Israel wont or will make themselves look ridiculous. I really loved that they didn't show the grimness of this conflict, those judges will be seeing that stuff till they can't stomach anymore in the coming years. This was about 2 hours of submissions to get a fast interim order. I thought it was so brilliantly executed, calm, factual and logical. Each counsel had their part, it was like a play with the various roles. I'm still slightly jealous that I was never and never will be as good an advocate as any of them...genuinely outstanding.
Fingers crossed 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just woken up, soo many of your posts to catch up on. Just want to quickly say in response to the more visuals, surely the judges will have access to visuals, social media all the stuff we have been watching. They say the actual case can last years, hell they must be doing something for the years, but for this initial ceasefire decision they must still have access too more stuff.

For a new thread title could we have something like "Thank you South Africa - you showed the world" or similar. Would just like to see the name South Africa in the tattle list ;-)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sky news is full of talk about Britain acting all billy big baws and threatening to airstrike the Houthis in Yemen because they're pissed off the economy's about to collapse.

Re. visuals - they showed some of those genocidal IOF tiktoks when they were celebrating about blowing up whole neighbourhoods. Their case is strong enough they don't have to use shock tactics. Unlike Israel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.