Ireland - any stories from growing up?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus you must have been foundered:LOL:
I was 😂 I have 7 siblings so you had your school uniform, one day to day outfit and then an outfit for Mass 😂

I think this is the reason I have an awful shopping addiction now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was 😂 I have 7 siblings so you had your school uniform, one day to day outfit and then an outfit for Mass 😂

I think this is the reason I have an awful shopping addiction now 😂
Seven in our house ,I'll use that as an excuse too😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My husband is one of 12 and any time we talk about our childhood we always says “all I remember is the rain and the poverty” 😂😂😂
Sugar or red sauce sandwiches was a thing on our estate:sick:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Sugar or red sauce sandwiches was a thing on our estate:sick:
Brown sauce for us 😂 I loved it 😋

Did anyone have the “bread man” call to the house? We had the Ormo van call on a Wednesday and the Mother’s Pride van on a Saturday. Ormo guy only sold bread, Mother’s Pride guy was the best because he sold wham bars, football special and the Ireland’s Own 😂 he used to arrive just before the start of Saturday night TV - Baywatch, Gladiators and Blind Date 😍😂

• Haha
I used to live in Liverpool and I agree it was mostly irish lads you could spot a mile off. And of course Liverpool is full of them. We used to practically live in pogues irish bar, we used to say it may as well have been the irish embassy
With their GAA jerseys on them.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Did anyone have the “bread man” call to the house? We had the Ormo van call on a Wednesday and the Mother’s Pride van on a Saturday. Ormo guy only sold bread, Mother’s Pride guy was the best because he sold wham bars, football special and the Ireland’s Own 😂 he used to arrive just before the start of Saturday night TV - Baywatch, Gladiators and Blind Date 😍😂
We had the brown sauce too 😂 my friends da worked in Mother's Pride he used to bake the bread twice to make it crispy. And we had the spud woman come round you couldn't have done her on a penny either or her sons would have beat the door in ,they were all deaf n dumb..My granny used to say if you don't get a man we'll have to put ye in the back of the Ireland's Own:LOL: I still buy the kids the football special 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ireland's Own
I can’t believe that’s still going, I had a pen friend from Ireland’s own when I was about 10 🤣😂

we used to get it as treat when we were going down the country on “holidays”
😂

dying!!!

being given the money for the collection before going to mass so you could put it in the basket 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 5

So glad someone said it 😁 love a brown sauce sambo! Has to be white bread though.

• Haha
probably still has his communion money.. 😂

you can tell he’s from Cavan 🤣😂
“Head on him like a turnip”
“A sniper wouldn’t take her out”
“I’m that hungry I’d eat the back door buttered”
“I’m that hungry i’d eat the nun’s arse through the convent gate” 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember being scared shitless on Barry's ghost train👻
Soda bread with real butter and a cup of tae
Free state Dairy milk,golden crisp and mint crisp
Banging the bin lids when the army were searching
Having to go through a turnstile and getting searched on every st in the town centre
Every summer my eldest says she wants to go on the ghost train, but she’s scared of her shadow so I’ve to tell her every year about how she’d tit herself because it actually quite scary in There 🤣 when She does go on it won’t be with me!

I love this thread 🤣😂

coddle.
I loved a coddle. 🤣
(Potato, onions, carrots, sausages, soup, boiled for 9 days and placed on a slice of white bread,
was the bread needed....no,
Was the bread NEEDED, duck yes)

• Haha
Every summer my eldest says she wants to go on the ghost train, but she’s scared of her shadow so I’ve to tell her every year about how she’d tit herself because it actually quite scary in There 🤣 when She does go on it won’t be with me!
I'm still afraid of it 😂 it's closed down the owners retired ,I don't know if it'll ever open again :( but we owe it to our kids to scare the tit out of them on that damn train:LOL:

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Barry’s ghost train was terrifying. It was for sale a while back, I think the new owners are intending to reopen it?

Who remembers Water World?

I can’t believe that’s still going, I had a pen friend from Ireland’s own when I was about 10 🤣😂

we used to get it as treat when we were going down the country on “holidays”
😂

dying!!!

being given the money for the collection before going to mass so you could put it in the basket 😐
They went up market then an issued all the parish with envelopes, so nobody knew what you were putting in the basket 😂 The Ireland's Own's like the RTE presenters there's no getting rid of it .My fav bit in it was the Mrs Flanaghan Mysteries the old biddy on the bike that solved the crimes:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I loved the Ireland’s Own, there used to be some great ghost stories in there.

• Haha
The only thing that will survive 2020 are cockroaches and Ireland’s own

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Barry’s ghost train was terrifying. It was for sale a while back, I think the new owners are intending to reopen it?

Who remembers Water World?
Waterworld is still going ,do you remember the big banana slide at Redcastle