Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

plinky

VIP Member
Oh she can fuck off with the self pity, she has loads of designer shoes, lots of jewellery, a full time nanny, a house in LA with a pool, no need to work (until IG left her and even then she’s raging at the concept a year later) and she’s still got a horrible life?

She will attract a certain type of woman to her ‘cause’, the types that spend all day on Mumsnet and those completely wrapped in their never ending man dramas.

From a woman who spent 15 years single and still doesn’t live with a partner LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND IT SHAKING AND CRYING OVER A MAN.

go out with your friends. Dance, get drunk. Get your hair done. Book some trips. Think about the type of career you would like to have. Spend a day with no talk of him or looking at your phone. Watch something funny. Smile and laugh. Chuck his shit in the bin, or a storage unit.

This is a year of your life you will never, ever get back. It’s a year of your kids lives you have spent crying in bed. A year of all 3 of you jumping at texts and ruminating on every action and word he’s spoken or written. Hours spent poring over old photos and videos. Hours you can’t live again. WHY would you let an abusive narc man who is shagging someone else have this power over you AE? You are in control of this misery, the power of his silence is so painful but you can take control - treat him the way he’s treating you. All this is doing is making his balls retract to another continent

• Heart
Reactions: 41

tilly27

VIP Member
Hi all, absolute newbie here, my first post. Don't do much online at all, due to an extremely difficult breakup/breakdown. I've also been the child in a marriage where 1 parent was always looking elsewhere, I actually discovered 2 of the many infidelities, then had to choose whether to tell mum or not (aged 12/13), I did, and begged her to leave him btw. Anyway that's not the topic, but all I mean is I hope I can see various aspects of this mess. I've read through the threads (eventually). I think AE has been an absolute nightmare, with possessiveness and jealousy, IG has probably spent a good number of years - walking on eggshells with her, trying to keep the peace, knowing exactly how she'd be if/when he left, he had probably had to be organised and prepared for it. He possibly knew he'd be hard pushed for her to get the message that it was OVER and he was never going back. And I do say - POSSIBLY that photo of himself and Bianca was a kick up the ar*e he thought she needed to believe it, he may have tried a few times to leave.

Also, well there are many also's! But the one I feel, is that in one way she is being super old school thinking, i.e. He is still my husband, we're still technically married, YET on the other hand she wants to pioneer the way - in partners not being silenced (or not having dignity as she puts it) when their spouse leaves and enters into a relationship with someone younger. I feel, that's one of her many contradictions.

I feel she is going to say nastier and nastier things (potentially damaging to all concerned). This could be her trying to talk & talk, until he contacts her to stop.

I just feel for the two E's especially (amongst others getting drawn in - and poor Gloria, bet she dreads her days at work). I really, really wish someone would, legally if needed intervene somehow and place AE into mental health care/assistance, or something to help her calm down and actually see what she is doing. Also those 2 girls, either being placed, for now at least with dad, or family, but somewhere quiet with someone they know, who is completely stable. Maybe that is what AE needs to enable her to stop the endlessness she is in.

Sorry for extremely long post guys. X

• Heart
Reactions: 40

NarcRage

VIP Member
I think there will be repercussions from this interview. Alice may finally get the attention she craves. Validated by many more strangers, a bigger platform for her to white wash her story.

Incidentally- where is IG and his family right now? You can see clearly the state of Alice - wtf are they doing for their granddaughters - nieces etc? Alice doesn’t have anyone and neither do those children.
when is someone going to step in ffs.
I think once you call your mother in law a cunt it kind of sours family relations

• Haha
  • Heart

Tootler

I have never been cheated on (thank heavens) but I have a good friend who was and I spent a lot of time reading the Chumplady website and learned some valuable things, there. This is what I think would have been totally badass:

Basically, Alice should have played it cool; focused on being steady for both herself and the kids; acted nice (well, at least calm and civil) to Ioan's face. He would have thought, "Alice is taking this better than expected," and would have just focused on shagging Bianca while enjoying the South of France. In the meantime, without letting Ioan get so much of a whiff of what she was doing, Alice ought to have been madly interviewing top-notch divorce lawyers; collecting proof of where their family savings are kept and how much down to the last dime (once men get involved with other women, it's amazing how much of the joint assets can mysteriously disappear); taking every last item of his out of the house and putting it in suitcases in the garage; working out the grief and frustration with 3 hours at the gym each day while the girls are at school; documenting everything that could help her case; pouring her rage into the beginnings of a novel about a middle aged c-list actor leaving his wife for a mediocre young extra; leaning on a good therapist; preparing to take battle Ioan for a generous settlement and primary custody. If she still felt the need to badmouth him after the "I"s are dotted and the "T"s were finally crossed, she could have done it then, and probably come across as much more sane and compelling to all who heard.

I think it would be great if more wives who were deserted for younger women stood up and talked about it, said "ENOUGH!!!" instead of hiding away with their pain in order to be "dignified." However, sadly, Alice just gives credence to the (untrue) belief that betrayed wives who speak up about this are a bunch of bitter, unhinged harpies. She's just about the worst spokesperson that we could have for this genuinely important cause.

• Heart
I'm starting to feel guilty about how much of a spectator sport this whole affaire has become. I'm now strangely looking forward to the day an actor I don't know and previously didn't really care about comes home from an overseas shoot to see what his estranged wife whom I previously hadn't even heard of and also don't know will do. It's messed up, and the most messed up thing about it is that AE is actively fostering this kind of engagement from strangers. Not just with her own life, but her children's lives as well.

I mean, I'm thankful for the entertainment but... ultimately we shouldn't have enough information to be on the sixth thread about the breakup of two people we barely if ever thought about three weeks ago. Hell, the only reason I landed here is that AE was whining about this place and it was such a breath of fresh air to see people criticize her instead of endlessly blowing smoke up her hind end.
She is inviting people to engage with her family in a way that's ultimately really unhealthy, and she thinks she's doing the world a service.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Amanda Lin

VIP Member
I actually think it would be irresponsible of the Lorraine production crew to put her on the show at this point. I think it would be deemed too exploitative of a vulnerable person.

Reactions: 29

What's your point

VIP Member
Honestly @welp - kudos to you for screen grabbing all her stuff. I cannot stomach her Twitter feed at all.
I blame Alice for the exhausting day I have had. I dont usually follow her Twitter because it is like banging your head against a brick wall but last night I couldnt sleep so delved in and was still there till 5.30 this morning and then had to be at work by 7.30.

So today I am tired and extra grouchy and it is all Malice in wonderlands fault because some of us have to do a full days work after putting in an all nighter on twitter.

Her followers are loon, it's like watching a social media cult form and I bet not one of them actually gives a 💩 they are all just there for the ☕.

I can 100% see why IG had to get out of that marriage with just the clothes on his back. She is a venomous lying twat.

Not watching her on Lorraine because would have to watch it at work and my employer wont be happy when I get the rage and smash the TV in.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I’m so very disgusted with Malice and her behavior that my gloves are coming off. No more of this oh, poor Alice he drove her to this! He cheated, lied, gaslit, blah blah blah. I don’t care what he did or did not do she is a lying, mean, selfish, jealous, possessive, vindictive POS! And don’t come at me with why does Baby Cakes Gruffudd get a free pass?
I’m team IG now. Full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
The comments on Celebitchy are great as @Essie May suggested. The one below is especially well written.

Do you really think she’d allow him to establish a way to communicate with their kids that she couldn’t monitor and
control?

Long-time lurker, first-time poster – when this story was first posted here way back when, I thought to myself that what it looked like a person very calmly and carefully getting themself out of an abusive relationship using what advantages they had – distant workplace, public profile – to protect themself given that the point where the abused partner leaves is the point at which they’re in most danger, but it was going unrecognised because people aren’t used to seeing a man take those steps. Nothing that’s been revealed by Alice or others since then has changed my opinion on what’s going on. And while I know people here are wondering about why he didn’t take the kids etc, but as they say, you have to put on your own oxygen mask before you can help others.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

LoisLane

This thread is the most addictive substance I have ever encountered (although I mostly lurk).

I notice a lot of people on here quite rightly think Malice is batshit crazy, but also think IG is a shit for having a “mistress”. Are people not allowed to fall out of love with their batshit crazy spouses any more? Divorces can take years, are we supposed to remain celibate whilst estranged? Someone well known like IG is likely to get outed with their new partner, so I guess he wanted to announce it himself hence the Insta photo.

Is it not possible he fell out of love with his wife and her exhausting ways, and met someone new There’s no proof he cheated. I’m not some super fan of his - id never even heard of either of them before all this kicked off - but I just don’t see what he’s done wrong.

• Heart

Tootler

she went ballistic on Twitter when someone told her he had stopped following her
She said she called Celia to try to reach Piers about this outrageous slight /s but Celia said she didn't know where he was. LOL. In other words, Piers was on the sofa next to her whispering, "I'm not here! Tell her I'm not here!!!!"

• Haha

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
The bag thing makes me feel a bit sad because it looks to me like an attempt to do something for herself. Shes just obviously not a designer however She’s fluent in about 4 different languages (I’m sure I read that), she could’ve set up a language tuition for example. There are some seriously wealthy people in her area if the world that would’ve signed their children up at a premium price.

Reactions: 23

vramos64

I just still don’t get what the cause is. Make divorce illegal?
This, to me, gets to the heart of everything. It's why I was so interested to see how she could possibly escalate this into something wider. The idea that women who have 'kept quiet' (whatever that means, presumably persuaded not go on Twitter to publicly shame someone to the world - I wouldn't have enough followers anyway) are down-trodden is absurd. We're told to 'move on' from birth. You want that whole bag of sweets, you can't have it; you failed that exam, try again; you didn't get the job you wanted, there will be others; your bloke cheated on you, he was a twat anyway; someone you loved died, they'll stay with you in your heart. All this, and much worse, has been happening since the beginning of time to every human being. The best we have yet to come up with so far is 'It wasn't meant to be' or 'this too will pass'. I will take my hat off to AE if she can convince me that Twitter/public shaming is the way forward; until then, I'll stick with therapy or just my best mate telling me I'm an arse.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Alice is a good communicator- even mid rant that comes across. She is clearly an intelligent woman, a bit kooky for some, but she has/had a presence. Her biggest mistake was stopping work. They both wanted kids and after a struggle they had them but she has show off bones, and being stuck at home whilst IG gets to do all the fun show off bits must have rankled. As much as she loves her kids, it must have been depressing as hell. Her world shrunk, she see’s Twitter etc as her outlet to the world. I do think in the last years of her marriage she was depressed. Menopause will not have helped. It can be a seismic event in a woman’s life, not just the well known symptoms like flushes, but the insomnia, the anxiety, the loss of self it can bring on. I think telling other women not to allow yourself to be subsumed by domesticity at the expense of oneself could be an angle for her.

• Heart

What's your point

VIP Member
She has zero self awareness it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic for those girls.

Honestly IG deserves a medal the size of a bin lid for putting up with her all those years. He probably had Stockholm syndrome!!

I am not a fan of his at all by the way but can see how been married to her would be so fucking toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Ena Sharples

Chatty Member
The more she reveals of herself, the more I am convinced IG was being abused by her. The crying to his mother, working away for long periods and putting things like Wizard in place so he doesn’t have to deal with her direct.

She is coming across as an absolute overbearing bully. I also cannot believe she is bullying that young costar he worked with. What kind of sick person abuses a young girl whose only crime was to work with her husband? If she wants a fight then at least take on an equal not someone who has no concept of her kind of crazy.

Any pity I had for her has long gone.

I’m curious about two things from her past: why hasn’t her father spoken to her for 20+ years? Why isn’t she bad mouthing Oliver? What does he have on her that if it gets out would be explosive? She trashes everyone in her life, even did it to IE when she supposedly adored him and they were happily married. Why doesn’t she trash Oliver? because in her world being gay and in a relationship with the ultimate Goddess of herself would have given her enough material to tweet about until her dying days. Come on Oliver spill the beans!

• Heart
Reactions: 22