Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #55 More Easter eggs than a Taylor Swift album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BIB: I doubt AE has been shopping for clothes since her obvious weight gain - I mean, surely she would have been papped while out shopping if so? (sorry, slaps self - this is most unkind of me to say that)
She could order online. I get your naughty dig “lol” but if her weight gain makes her too embarrassed to shop in person.

In my opinion no. Honestly, I don't see the state of the house as a bad or Little E being unkempt. Little E looks like a normal 8 year to me. I've got leaves on the front yard that I haven't blown off yet and I'm now wondering if the neighbor's are talking about me lol.
If you factor in her mother’s known behaviors that is the deal breaker in all this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've got depression and when it is really bad you can tell by my dinning room table first. It's the first to pile up. When I'm good it's perfect. And then the laundry piles up, I get behind on everything. Then I'm overwhelmed by all that I'm behind on and just get more depressed. When I'm good everything is beautiful. But there are tipping points in life. It can be a divorce, a death, a family member with an addiction, a job loss, a terrible illness.

Alice is depressed. Her house looks fine to me. Little E looks adorable. When I looked back on one of my 1970's elementary class pics I had on white keds sneakers and a dress. One of my sneakers had a hole in it. We weren't poor. I said, "Mom, why did you send me to school like that?!" She said I let you dress yourself. LOL. She let me be kid. It was the Free to Me and you days. In the end, she was an amazing mother. Clothes don't matter. Something on the floor doesn't matter. The pool is an extra and the first thing I'd let go if my husband left me.

Why am I sharing this? Because I'd be Alice in her clothes and hair and makeup. I think I look okay. My house would be hers. I think it looks okay. And my pool would probably look worse. I'd cover it and pretend it was fine lol.

I just feel a little sad now. So this is for all the other people out there who are mess I guess. I send you a hug.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I remember that someone sicced the Scottish SPSA on me about my dogs when I was depressed and they insisted that my house was tidied up, dining table clear etc (because of the cat) and came back to check it before they closed the file.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I remember that someone sicced the Scottish SPSA on me about my dogs when I was depressed and they insisted that my house was tidied up, dining table clear etc (because of the cat) and came back to check it before they closed the file.
Aye coz the dogs and cat really care that you've let your surfaces become cluttered :rolleyes: :mad: I'm really sorry that happened to you, I'm sure it didn't make your depression any easier to deal with ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've got depression and when it is really bad you can tell by my dinning room table first. It's the first to pile up. When I'm good it's perfect. And then the laundry piles up, I get behind on everything. Then I'm overwhelmed by all that I'm behind on and just get more depressed. When I'm good everything is beautiful. But there are tipping points in life. It can be a divorce, a death, a family member with an addiction, a job loss, a terrible illness.

Alice is depressed. Her house looks fine to me. Little E looks adorable. When I looked back on one of my 1970's elementary class pics I had on white keds sneakers and a dress. One of my sneakers had a hole in it. We weren't poor. I said, "Mom, why did you send me to school like that?!" She said I let you dress yourself. LOL. She let me be kid. It was the Free to Me and you days. In the end, she was an amazing mother. Clothes don't matter. Something on the floor doesn't matter. The pool is an extra and the first thing I'd let go if my husband left me.

Why am I sharing this? Because I'd be Alice in her clothes and hair and makeup. I think I look okay. My house would be hers. I think it looks okay. And my pool would probably look worse. I'd cover it and pretend it was fine lol.

I just feel a little sad now. So this is for all the other people out there who are mess I guess. I send you a hug.
I imagine you didn’t/don’t have full time domestic help, money for therapists, or living like only 1% of Americans live either.
Alice had that. And regardless of what makes a good parent”which clothes and money don’t” these kids are neglected in the worst way. Because they are deprived of their mother being present.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
She could order online. I get your naughty dig “lol” but if her weight gain makes her too embarrassed to shop in person.

If you factor in her mother’s known behaviors that is the deal breaker in all this.
I think you summed this up nicely. My three year old great-niece chooses her own clothes - but she has cute GAP, Old Navy, Target etc, to choose from. I don't see these little girls in anything new and stylish - not criticising them! Online shopping is easy. Easy for them to pick out what they want too! I just think it shows AE's disinterest in making sure they like cute too. I don't believe money is a factor. They are not an average, middle income American family. AE is just so tied up in her own "feelings" that I don't think she cares.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I think you summed this up nicely. My three year old great-niece chooses her own clothes - but she has cute GAP, Old Navy, Target etc, to choose from. I don't see these little girls in anything new and stylish - not criticising them! Online shopping is easy. Easy for them to pick out what they want too! I just think it shows AE's disinterest in making sure they like cute too. I don't believe money is a factor. They are not an average, middle income American family. AE is just so tied up in her own "feelings" that I don't think she cares.
My daughter loved Old Navy, Target, Gap, and Aeropostale. They have gorgeous things! And you’re right. She just doesn’t seem to care.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My daughter loved Old Navy, Target, Gap, and Aeropostale. They have gorgeous things! And you’re right. She just doesn’t seem to care.
It's what the kids wear. Not clothes that look like little old lady clothes. I've noticed this even in old pictures with her, IG and the children. Look, my emotionally abusive narcissistic Mother did the same thing when I was a kid. Maybe that's why it tweaks me so much. I see it as a way to not let the children shine. Not let them develop autonomy by letting them choose their own clothes to buy. We don't know if she's doing that. I just see things that correlate to my own childhood.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Another post from Alice ostensibly about her girls but really about her, she’s addicted to the dopamine of people asking her if she’s ok, telling her the girls look like her/ are strong like their Mum. Feeding off any sympathy posts. Emotional vampire. She can’t stay away, getting more frequent on insta now.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Mine (now 36yo & 41yo) also chose to not have children. Both married though one divorced.
I honestly can’t fault them especially in the present state of our world. It’s terribly sad for children now and makes raising them an even bigger challenge.

Reactions: 12
I honestly can’t fault them especially in the present state of our world. It’s terribly sad for children now and makes raising them an even bigger challenge.
BIB: this was one of their reasons. The older one has children vicariously (daily oversees hundreds of children).
ETA: the older one earned a PhD in distance learning many years before covid.

Reactions: 8
Another post from Alice ostensibly about her girls but really about her, she’s addicted to the dopamine of people asking her if she’s ok, telling her the girls look like her/ are strong like their Mum. Feeding off any sympathy posts. Emotional vampire. She can’t stay away, getting more frequent on insta now.
Oh the constant "they are just like their Mum"! And I bet AE constantly reinforces to them " they are just like their Mum! Everyone says so!" It makes me sick tbh.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Oh the constant "they are just like their Mum"! And I bet AE constantly reinforces to them " they are just like their Mum! Everyone says so!" It makes me sick tbh.
Me too - so transparent. Also - they are clones of their Dad, both of them. I see no AE in those girls, physically at least!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Funny she's going on and on about her hair. But she never ventures here, right?:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
looks like somebody finally told her that she is asking way too less for businesses
Screenshot_20220121-051312_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
It's what the kids wear. Not clothes that look like little old lady clothes. I've noticed this even in old pictures with her, IG and the children. Look, my emotionally abusive narcissistic Mother did the same thing when I was a kid. Maybe that's why it tweaks me so much. I see it as a way to not let the children shine. Not let them develop autonomy by letting them choose their own clothes to buy. We don't know if she's doing that. I just see things that correlate to my own childhood.
There was a picture of all four of them on a red carpet at some point. Ioan in a suit, Alice in a fancy outfit and the girls in what look like supermarket clothes gone through the wash too many times, faded and baggy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I imagine you didn’t/don’t have full time domestic help, money for therapists, or living like only 1% of Americans live either.
Alice had that. And regardless of what makes a good parent”which clothes and money don’t” these kids are neglected in the worst way. Because they are deprived of their mother being present.
I don't have help no, but I thought Gloria was gone. I do have therapists if I want under my health insurance. I'm not in the 1% no. It seems like the lawyers are taking up money they once had, but I can only speculate.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There was a picture of all four of them on a red carpet at some point. Ioan in a suit, Alice in a fancy outfit and the girls in what look like supermarket clothes gone through the wash too many times, faded and baggy.
They've been on a shoe-string for years, I think. One night I had a browse through google pics of their family and noted the same as far as worn-out clothing on the kids. And in the swagger pose she adopted in the red dress, it seemed to me that outfit had seen better days also. Ioan with the satin-lapels jacket -- seemed to me to have been picked up in a charity shop. And I've never been convinced of Gloria's existence, let alone as full-time housekeeper. It's understandable that they've had to try to portray a certain image. And when AE was slimmer, she would have been able to find flattering clothing, again at charity shops. More difficult to find when a woman's larger as the big sizes sell fast. But at least she's spoken about charity shopping, so not hiding it. Ioan would probably be more sensitive about it. When my children were young, I used to make their clothes and my own too if I had the time. AE could have done likewise instead of ranting online. She could clean the pool, etc. I used to come home from work, bring in the washing, make the dinner, take care of our dog, mow lawns etc. and then when the dishes were done, I'd be down on hands and knees fixing the pool motor which was in its death throes. Then a five kilometre walk along the beach. Helping with assignments/homework, cleaning bathrooms when everyone had gone to bed. It's what you do, a routine and personal standards. AE doesn't seem to be too domestically inclined

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.