Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #5 Malice in wonderland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So IG has taken legal action against the 2 FMs. Good.

"you have NO idea what Ioan has done to Debs and Me in his quest to destroy everything in his path. After 6 years of so called friendship to the past year and a half where he’s been a bully to us and taking us to task legally I think I have a RIGHT to say what is true."

Also the 2 main FMs are in a relationship? They live together. Not that I care, just curious. 🍆
Yes they are. Your eggplant emoji is spot on. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄

That video of her going mental and bashing into car spaces was very emblematic it seems of how she reacts to any challenge or issue - or in a deranged and unhinged fashion. Where is her dignity ffs????
Perhaps flushed down that toilet AE sat on posing naked. 🤣
Btw, FillInTheBlank, so sorry I suspected you of being a Flying Monkey when you first showed up. I was nervous of being doxed. 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
No idea how anyone could ever conclude that I could be a flying monkey... 🍆🐒

PS: I have to admit I cannot stand my own avatar anymore. 😖
It was hard but I managed 5 minutes:
iiieee.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
My theory with AE is that her mom may have been a narc and AE her Golden child. When mom died, dad and brothers are finally free of the pattern of behaviour dominated by the mom. AE by this point is probably full narc as well but she doesn’t the control over them that mom used to have. Dad meets a new lady, they all fall out because AW throws a narc tantrum.
Thank you for this. I know nothing about her family of origin except that 1 story she tells is how her dad met another woman 2 years after her mother died and she was happy for them and then later her dad disowned her, and the 2nd story is her dad rang her one day and said Bad news, your mum died last night. Your interp makes sense.

Reactions: 3
My hot take on AE and narcissism.

Narcissists are made not born.
It’s not a condition that you can be born with. It’s a learnt pattern of behaviour. Generally learnt from parents or other primary care givers.

A narc will often have a relationship with another complimentary narc or an enabler. The enabler is often also a child of narc(s) but not always a narc themselves. Sometimes they fall into the flying monkey category. Sometimes they are just so ground down by the narc, they may as well not be there. Sometimes they are a narc in their own right (my parents are a bog standard narc mom and a cerebral narc dad - he made a load of money and propped up her lifestyle, she made him feel smart and “normal”).

Narc parents will often use their children as tools to prop themselves up. They see their children as elevated pets - they love them in their own way, but they must be controlled at all times and obey the narc. They will also be used to project stuff onto that the narc doesn’t want to have to deal with.
There will often be a Golden Child. This child can do no wrong: they are the best child, the narc’s favourite. The narc will have high expectations of the GC. The GC will try to fulfill these expectations so as to get the love and attention of the Narc.
There will also be a scapegoat child. The SG is the worst child. They are always wrong. Their achievements are nothing. They often deal with the Narc’s projections.
In single child families the child will often swing between GC and SG.
Other children will sometimes play the roles depending on what the narc needs or generally be forgotten about.
The Narc will triangulate their children all the time, making sure they can never build a bond stronger than that with the narc. The narc must always be in control of everyone.
The GC will often grow up to become a narc themselves, if they keep sipping the cool aid. It’s what they’ve learnt from the narc. The Scape goat and other children will also often display narc tendencies as that’s all they know, but find it much easier to unlearn these behaviours (I was the SG and used to have what’s known as narc “fleas” or “ticks” - it’s taken years for me to unlearn some of these behaviours).

My theory with AE is that her mom may have been a narc and AE her Golden child. When mom died, dad and brothers are finally free of the pattern of behaviour dominated by the mom. AE by this point is probably full narc as well but she doesn’t the control over them that mom used to have. Dad meets a new lady, they all fall out because AW throws a narc tantrum.

The best family to look to to see how it looks in reality is Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Kris Jenner is a typical narc (learnt from MJ - note how you never hardly see anything about Kris’s sisters and the cousins on that side). Kim is her GC, more recently being usurped by Kylie.
Rob was the scapegoat, but when he cut contact, Kourtney and to an extent Kendall became the SG (note how Kris never sticks up for them or has their backs). Khloe is absolutely desperate for love and attention and will do anything for Kris and Kim to get it.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about narcs 🤣
I am the Golden Child and it’s like walking a tightrope. Sister and Dad are narcs, Mum is not a narc but an enabler of my dad. Fortunately we are very close. It’s an extremely tricky family dynamic. I feel for Alice if she grew up in a similar situation. But the situation she’s created for her girls is far worse, as she has invited the world to watch.
Social media is a huge contributor towards our current epidemic of narcissism, without a doubt.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So on who's life was it he promised the girls he didn't have a gf? Theirs or his?
I know, not important but another contradiction. TBH I didn't think he'd promise it on the girls life.
But sure she say she has to spoken to HIM in months - so very possibly her poor girls are trying to protect their unhinged mother. It’s just so sad. I genuinely feel just terrible for those kids. Goodness almighty ; narc or not - would you not get your head out of your hole and be spending all the time making sure they are as ok as they can be and apologising door loosing your marbles . Mental health difficulties are horrendous but they are even worse for kids

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I've just been reading the thread over on the parenting site that must not be linked. It's rather circular in that while we're referring to them occasionally, they're referring to us! A few utterly looney tunes with similar writing styles have appeared lately.

I'm worried though. I actually agree with what a certain blunt person is saying.

Reactions: 7
I am the Golden Child and it’s like walking a tightrope. Sister and Dad are narcs, Mum is not a narc but an enabler of my dad. Fortunately we are very close. It’s an extremely tricky family dynamic. I feel for Alice if she grew up in a similar situation. But the situation she’s created for her girls is far worse, as she has invited the world to watch.
Social media is a huge contributor towards our current epidemic of narcissism, without a doubt.
I feel for you. My sister is GC as well and thankfully
doesn’t seem to have gone down the narc route. I definitely have it easier now I’ve cut contact with them. Knowing what I know now I definitely would t want to be the GC.

Goodness almighty ; narc or not - would you not get your head out of your hole and be spending all the time making sure they are as ok as they can be and apologising door loosing your marbles .
Does not compute for the narc. Your hole is the whole world. Whatever the kids might be suffering is nothing compared to what AE is suffering (in her mind at least). They’re collateral damage - she’s the main victim (in her mind).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My hot take on AE and narcissism.

Narcissists are made not born.
It’s not a condition that you can be born with. It’s a learnt pattern of behaviour. Generally learnt from parents or other primary care givers.

A narc will often have a relationship with another complimentary narc or an enabler. The enabler is often also a child of narc(s) but not always a narc themselves. Sometimes they fall into the flying monkey category. Sometimes they are just so ground down by the narc, they may as well not be there. Sometimes they are a narc in their own right (my parents are a bog standard narc mom and a cerebral narc dad - he made a load of money and propped up her lifestyle, she made him feel smart and “normal”).

Narc parents will often use their children as tools to prop themselves up. They see their children as elevated pets - they love them in their own way, but they must be controlled at all times and obey the narc. They will also be used to project stuff onto that the narc doesn’t want to have to deal with.
There will often be a Golden Child. This child can do no wrong: they are the best child, the narc’s favourite. The narc will have high expectations of the GC. The GC will try to fulfill these expectations so as to get the love and attention of the Narc.
There will also be a scapegoat child. The SG is the worst child. They are always wrong. Their achievements are nothing. They often deal with the Narc’s projections.
In single child families the child will often swing between GC and SG.
Other children will sometimes play the roles depending on what the narc needs or generally be forgotten about.
The Narc will triangulate their children all the time, making sure they can never build a bond stronger than that with the narc. The narc must always be in control of everyone.
The GC will often grow up to become a narc themselves, if they keep sipping the cool aid. It’s what they’ve learnt from the narc. The Scape goat and other children will also often display narc tendencies as that’s all they know, but find it much easier to unlearn these behaviours (I was the SG and used to have what’s known as narc “fleas” or “ticks” - it’s taken years for me to unlearn some of these behaviours).

The best family to look to to see how it looks in reality is Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Kris Jenner is a typical narc (learnt from MJ - note how you never hardly see anything about Kris’s sisters and the cousins on that side). Kim is her GC, more recently being usurped by Kylie.
Rob was the scapegoat, but when he cut contact, Kourtney and to an extent Kendall became the SG (note how Kris never sticks up for them or has their backs). Khloe is absolutely desperate for love and attention and will do anything for Kris and Kim to get it.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about narcs 🤣
May I just say this is an amazing explanation and shows such understanding!! I spent years as a codependent person attracted to narcissistic relationships. I spend years and lots of work understanding and making sure I for my stuff in order before I had kids. I’m really lucky that I’m not that person anymore but it still ENRAGES me the level of truth bending that people go to run away from the adult responsibility to sort you sh!t out. When you have small humans that rely on you , it is your responsibility to get the f over yourself or whatever crisis and make sure they feel safe, stable and loved. Never more so than if they gave to witness the disintegration of their parents relationship. AE just refuses to see the damage she is daily inflicting . It’s awful. The blame, the victim complex , the refusal to accept any responsibility- kids grow up , hopefully they will get away from her too. Do better AE. Stop this BS

• Heart
Reactions: 14
First time commenter, long time lurker here…

I can imagine (not that AE may care) that all that this is serving to do is drive IG and BW closer together. They will have each other to confide in and I am sure that BW is nothing but supportive. I also imagine, holed up in their hotel, they are probably sheltered from much of it, and only see what they choose to, which as another poster has said before, they won’t be doing over a candle lit romantic dinner.

I also think his hand was probably forced re the photo. I think he was probably papped or saw/heard that people were starting to put 2 and 2 together and was hastily trying to do some damage limitation ‘poor IG, taking back some control, being able to smile again’ etc etc.

Reactions: 10
I also think his hand was probably forced re the photo. I think he was probably papped or saw/heard that people were starting to put 2 and 2 together and was hastily trying to do some damage limitation ‘poor IG, taking back some control, being able to smile again’ etc etc.
Its been said a few times on here but why wouldn’t the paper just run the story anyway? It would have been a great scoop and would have sold papers and increased traffic to their website. Why would the paper just give that way?

unless…. IG has promised to do an exclusive interview with them in exchange once the divorce is all sorted? :unsure:

Reactions: 8
I don't know why she is so down on everyone who knows him wishing him well. Ella Newton, Tamsin Outhwaite etc. The separation was announced in March, they've all known he's separated for months. It wasn't a secret, it was public.

Reactions: 6
I feel like the kids are where whatever sympathy I could possibly have for AE just dies. Putting minors on social media without their consent is already iffy in my eyes (I think it's important to teach even small children they have the right not to want pictures taken of them or to not want to feature in any of their parents' SM stories) but a case like this where a mother is explicitly trading on the hurt her daughters feel and spotlighting it for the world to see because she thinks it makes a good case for her? My God... How many times does the internet have to hear about their devastation? Plummeting grades? Anxiety attacks? Don't invite people to watch your own children break down to spite your ex! Yeah you can say "well who's fault is that!?" but nothing about this absolutely needed to be shared on SM and AE is very much the one to have made that choice for them.

And, again, as a child of parents who "stayed together for the kids" but never figured out how to coexist in the same room for more than twenty seconds before getting into an argument - if one person in the marriage doesn't want to be there anymore, the best thing they can do for their children is just get out. The quiet resentments, the way "home" becomes an oppressive place to be and family outings become chores because even as a child you know you're not really a family and the pretense just becomes so tedious after a while... it doesn't work. It's all the fun of having divorced parents but instead of moving on they stagnate and stay unhappy and the arguments never stop because they refuse to get out of each other's way. I know AE envisions this fantasy where IG was just gonna stick around a few more years and keep up the performance of a happy family, but I don't think he could have and I also think kids can sniff that kind of stuff out from a way earlier age than you'd think.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Its been said a few times on here but why wouldn’t the paper just run the story anyway? It would have been a great scoop and would have sold papers and increased traffic to their website. Why would the paper just give that way?

unless…. IG has promised to do an exclusive interview with them in exchange once the divorce is all sorted? :unsure:
I’ve saw that the DM were quite slow to pick up on the story, so maybe the papers had no inkling, but IG or AE or a member of his team, saw the suspicions on here and panicked. How long was it after someone raised BWs name? 24 hours?

OR he got his mate Piers to pull some strings!

Reactions: 9
May I just say this is an amazing explanation and shows such understanding!! I spent years as a codependent person attracted to narcissistic relationships. I spend years and lots of work understanding and making sure I for my stuff in order before I had kids. I’m really lucky that I’m not that person anymore but it still ENRAGES me the level of truth bending that people go to run away from the adult responsibility to sort you sh!t out. When you have small humans that rely on you , it is your responsibility to get the f over yourself or whatever crisis and make sure they feel safe, stable and loved. Never more so than if they gave to witness the disintegration of their parents relationship. AE just refuses to see the damage she is daily inflicting . It’s awful. The blame, the victim complex , the refusal to accept any responsibility- kids grow up , hopefully they will get away from her too. Do better AE. Stop this BS
Thank you. I wish I didn’t know as much as I do about narcissism 😂 Having my kids was what really pushed me to getting rid of those behaviours and mindset once and for all. I’ve happily sacrificed my relationships with my parents so that they can grow up emotionally secure and they can have good relationships with their parents and everyone else they meet in the future.

I still find it difficult now to make friends and maintain relationships with friends but I hope I’m getting better and I have to say, life is so much better when it’s peaceful and chaos/drama free.

that’s another issue narcs have - all they know is drama and chaos. It’s where they feel comfortable and safe. So if they don’t have that in their life, they will create it to feel better. That’s what AE is doing now. As bizarre as it sounds, all this drama is probably soothing for her. It’s her safe space in amongst the chaos of her relationship breakdown. Sadly it’s also what her children will learn as their “normal”.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If only she could just post about innocent things like Elsie waking up feeling better and then going to the park after school. That’s good to hear! It’s so bizarre because one minute it’s wholesome updates like that and the next it’s ‘he’s f***ing a mediocre bleep from Instagram!!’ She desperately needs a filter.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.