Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #98 Imbibe, post, regret, delete, rinse and repeat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“We’ve all had our Marjorie moments?” One of the insta comments. Nope. Can’t remember recording myself threatening my ex-husband lolling around the floor between my bed and bedside with badly applied make-up and howling manky breath.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Selma seems to be one of those that support women no matter what. She also supported Alice until she was mocking MS (and a fellow woman), I recall in one of her supportive comments her going on about patriarchy and whatnot. Depp, while in this case the more innocent party, is not exactly talking well about women, so I guess it makes sense.

Otherwise for many people it's often based on who tvey like: Lady V likes Depp and is friends with Alice for example, so of course that's where her support goes (even if for the latter - to her credit - it seems to "only" be friends support, rather than silly campaigning which no doubt Alice would like to have), even if perhaps it doesnt make sense.

I do think opinions and friendships should be seperated. You can be friends with somebody that did something bad in your view (and you may be biased and not think of it badly because it's them). And here Alice is right: if friends dropped her just because they dont like how she handled her divorce they were no friends in the first place. It's however a different matter if she tried to force them to chose between Ioan & her, which she implied before (she had a rant about mutual friends being Switzerland on this)
I know what you say about friends should stick by her is true but I feel like if my friend did that then I really would struggle to remain friends. I would lose a lot of respect for them. I dunno if I could remain friends with a vicious witch

Reactions: 12
In fairness, and I'm not an Alice fan, she has addiction and mental health issues and has had them for a long time.
In fairness too, she doesn't seem to acknowledge she has either. It is very common for those of a narcissistic tendency to assume everyone else it at fault. The addict has to want to change.

It's no use if it's everybody else but not the addict. She is also addicted to SM too.

Reactions: 12
Alice is never going to get over this, is she? I have visions of her rocking up to the hearing with Alanis Morrisette's You Oughta Know blasting out of a portable speaker. It's almost like she wrote it herself (and knowing her, she'll try and claim she did!)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Okay, so I’m usually the most immature person in the Western Hemisphere. At 50, I still suck at adulting – I haven’t the foggiest about what’s going on with my bank account, I’m probably lazier than Alice and Garfield combined, I keep wanting to stick out my tongue whenever I see an email from my boss, and I have a more-than-questionable relationship with deadlines and housekeeping.

Therefore, I can empathise with what I’m sure is a state of massive panic in the face of having to do some actual work and tackling a barrage of unpleasant tasks. I completely understand that Alice prefers to focus on side shows like her SM and Cameos. Unlike her, however, I never had that luxury; I’ve had to look after myself all my life. Not very well, granted, but so far, I haven’t ended up under a bridge, despite zero childhood money/inheritance and an appalling lack of Oucassis and Gruffudds to fund my lifestyle. It's one of the reasons why I never wanted children; I would have done a terrible job as a mother. Any kid of mine would have ended up a serial killer (to my great relief, Mr Arctic and I got together when his kids had long fled the nest). 😁

And that’s the big difference – Alice, you made a conscious choice to have kids, and with that, you made the conscious choice to take on the responsibilities that go hand in hand with parenthood. With or without a partner. This means growing up, at least to some degree, and not sticking your head in the sand and expecting everything to resolve itself. That's the one luxury that you no longer have.

Alas, bear in mind that ...

... money won’t miraculously fall from the skies.

... producers, casting directors and Disney execs won’t be throwing million-dollar contracts at you anytime soon.

... you will no longer get by on your looks, especially with the way you keep ruining them.

... your kids need a mother, an adult, not a BFF, who makes them feel safe and organises their lives until they can stand on their own feet.

... the girls have a father who would be more than happy to do his share of parenting. You scream for support, but you’re doing everything in your power to deprive yourself of it.

... if you don’t take care of house hunting, organising the move and everything it entails, you’ll end up sleeping in your Prius (which should at least make the rat happy).

... Ioan won’t return to you. Ever.

YOU are the one who must man up, take your head out of your ass and GROW UP. No one else will do it for you. Take it from someone who’s an expert at the ostrich strategy – it won’t solve a single one of your problems.
You also made the decision to drink heavily and pop pain.

Reactions: 9
“We’ve all had our Marjorie moments?” One of the insta comments. Nope. Can’t remember recording myself threatening my ex-husband lolling around the floor between my bed and bedside with badly applied make-up and howling manky breath.
I do that every weekend mate 👀🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know what you say about friends should stick by her is true but I feel like if my friend did that then I really would struggle to remain friends. I would lose a lot of respect for them. I dunno if I could remain friends with a vicious witch
I would cut all ties with a friend who displayed even a fraction of Alice’s behaviour tbh. Ain’t no-one needs that poison in their lives. Out damned spot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh yes this. Ioan has been watching this tit storm and gazing at these pictures just thinking about what a mistake he's made and longing for Alice.

View attachment 1314596
I realise that she has no family that will speak to her, but does she not have anybody who can sit her down and talk her off that ledge?
No Alice, he does not think that he has made a mistake, he is not longing for you. He wants to move on and so should you. He wants to see his kids who are not an extension of you. Get a grip and stop listening to loons who are crazier than you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
the most fascinating observation I had the past days is how much more Alice's fans like those horrible sunhat selfies that make her look like Bianca's
scarecrow
than any other selfie she posts (and sometimes her selfies are nice), what is wrong with people lol
Somebody quick come up with a thread title that includes "Bianca's Scarecrow" and "PRO"--my brain isn't working fast enough today!! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I knew she would be triggered by BW's gushing about how great IG was. Then I stupidly thought that the TRO (and the hearing in 2 weeks) would keep her reigned in a bit. But no, it's back to good ol' batshit Alice. She is clearly seething with jealousy over BW and is now claiming that BW won't allow her to post selfies?? How cruel - is the implication that BW is jealous of AE's beauty??

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?" says Bianca LOL (in AE's head)

Funnily enough, I don't think that posting selfies was mentioned in the TRO.

AE: If this pic is good I’ll know by tomorrow. Around 10am. The phone will ring. Not asking you to guess why - that would go against my TRO. It’s just the insanity of my life right now. There is s/o who gets very agitated when I post nice selfies. It usually results in a call from my lawyer. I am helpless. But hell no I’m not going to stop posting!

Someone's had 3 sharp ones! 🤭
Not the selfies but maybe the accompanying text?

Reactions: 6
It depends a bit on your relationship dynamic. If your friendship is, I dont know, based on chatting about aviation or something and you never really have to talk with that person about her divorce (other than giving her mental support), I think it's doable? At least some sort of friendship, it doesnt hav to stay the same.

Of course given that Alice even tried to get Ioan's family on her side and given that she moaned about friends Switzerland-ing her or telling her to stop it (both the public stuff and talking about it to them) I doubt that Alice attempt to keep most of her closer friends out of her divorce story.

But in general I think even the worst people in the world (and Alice is far from being even close on that list) deserve friends that are friends for the things they have in common, and I'm glad that Alice still has some.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.