Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #98 Imbibe, post, regret, delete, rinse and repeat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To pick up on the pain issue - I'm in pain all day, every day myself. I'm on dihydrocodeine, 240mg p.d. It's about the same strength as tramadol; I take it because I have to. You're not a hero if you refuse to take meds that help you deal with your condition.
I deal with fibro, CFS and Rheumatoid Arthritis every day. My spine is falling apart and I often inadvertantly yelp when I stand up because of the literal pain in my arse. In general, I just push on through. Few people know about my medical condition because there's a) nothing they can do about it b) I don't want to be treated differently c) sympathy and the like can actually be very wearing/embarrassing. I manage to work six days a week. I manage to work out six days a week. Yes, it's tough. But my students rely on me and I want the absolute best for them. I care about them too much to let my medical issues get in the way. And, you know, it's a personal test of will to zone out, as my sports coach at university taught me, and very satisfying to be able to beat this MF day by day. Sure, on rare occasions I feel a bit of self-pity. When it's glorious outside and I feel as though I've been beaten all over with a baseball bat, it's hard not to think 'fuckingfuckingfuckingfuckeryfuck'. But it doesn't last long, and I don't tend to share it. (Not least of which is because my father says accusingly: 'you're always in pain'. Yes, Dad, I know. Don't need you to remind me, ta.)
What I'm saying, Alice, is that you can just get on with it. You don't need to be enabled by others sympathising with your pain. In fact, it's counterproductive; it makes one feel worse. Do some Pilates. Walk on a treadmill. Take it slow and build up. Find something to take your mind off it. Don't live in the heart of pain every day.
You'd be amazed at just how much life improves if you push on through.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
To pick up on the pain issue - I'm in pain all day, every day myself. I'm on dihydrocodeine, 240mg p.d. It's about the same strength as tramadol; I take it because I have to. You're not a hero if you refuse to take meds that help you deal with your condition.
I deal with fibro, CFS and Rheumatoid Arthritis every day. My spine is falling apart and I often inadvertantly yelp when I stand up because of the literal pain in my arse. In general, I just push on through. Few people know about my medical condition because there's a) nothing they can do about it b) I don't want to be treated differently c) sympathy and the like can actually be very wearing/embarrassing. I manage to work six days a week. I manage to work out six days a week. Yes, it's tough. But my students rely on me and I want the absolute best for them. I care about them too much to let my medical issues get in the way. And, you know, it's a personal test of will to zone out, as my sports coach at university taught me, and very satisfying to be able to beat this MF day by day. Sure, on rare occasions I feel a bit of self-pity. When it's glorious outside and I feel as though I've been beaten all over with a baseball bat, it's hard not to think 'fuckingfuckingfuckingfuckeryfuck'. But it doesn't last long, and I don't tend to share of it. (Not least of which is because my father says accusingly: 'you're always in pain'. Yes, Dad, I know. Don't need you to remind me, ta.)
What I'm saying, Alice, is that you can just get on with it. You don't need to be enabled by others sympathising with your pain. In fact, it's counterproductive; it makes one feel worse. Do some Pilates. Walk on a treadmill. Take it slow and build up. Find something to take your mind off it. Don't live in the heart of pain every day.
The spine issues and rhumatoid arthritis are debilitating. 😞 Forget my own pain issues but I am infuriated this very spoiled woman dares to compare her pain with genuine, diagnosable conditions like your that are genuinely debilitating. Yet you carry on with your life for the sake of others my dear. ❤

She doesn't even want to take care of the children she had to have so bad. 😡

Who’s the anti-Semite?!
Tilda Swinton supposedly. Just seen it in passing gossip.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He cheated on his wife (when she was dying and long before) with dozens of women, skipped drug tests that got him a suspension, tweeted racist abuse to Ashley Cole and just everyone that meets him reports that he is a very unpleasant dude.

Not saying he is a terrible human, but he is an odd choice to make Ioan look bad. Ioan is a freaking saint even with Alice's narrative compared to him LOL

but it fits to what we know: it's not whatever behavior Ioan showcasted that bothers her, it's the simple fact that he left her. Rio didnt left his wife, in Alice's word that makes you better.
Remember, Alice told Ioan it was all about appearances, she didn’t mind that he didn’t love her, she just didn’t want him to leave her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The spine issues and rhumatoid arthritis are debilitating. 😞 Forget my own pain issues but I am infuriated this very spoiled woman dares to compare her pain with genuine, diagnosable conditions like your that are genuinely debilitating. Yet you carry on with your life for the sake of others my dear. ❤

She doesn't even want to take care of the children she had to have so bad. 😡

Tilda Swinton supposedly. Just seen it in passing gossip.
I'm full of admiration for *you*, Kiki. You've kicked cancer's arse while dealing with extraordinary physical challenges; you're incredibly inspiring, and never ONCE have I seen you post anything remotely self-pitying.
When you're dealing with chronic pain, your attitude towards it is key. Whinging and complaining, encouraging others to speak of their experiences so you can jump on their bandwagon and shriek 'but mine is worse, mine is worse!'; to go doctor-shopping until you find one who tells you what you want to hear and compete with someone who has actual MS, is entirely counterproductive. Claiming that you can't look after your children while refusing pain meds is heinous. (And lest we forget, there is an emotionally exhausted yet supportive man who would dearly love to look after those children, if you only hadn't alienated them from him and thwarted him at every turn, Alice.) Bianca may be a bit new-age-give-it-to-the-universe, but she's positive. A positive mental attitude is everything.
But then, how could she wear her victimhood crown if she were to get off her backside and help herself, hmmm?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I deal with fibro, CFS and Rheumatoid Arthritis every day. My spine is falling apart and I often inadvertantly yelp when I stand up because of the literal pain in my arse. In general, I just push on through. Few people know about my medical condition because there's a) nothing they can do about it b) I don't want to be treated differently c) sympathy and the like can actually be very wearing/embarrassing. I manage to work six days a week. I manage to work out six days a week. Yes, it's tough. But my students rely on me and I want the absolute best for them. I care about them too much to let my medical issues get in the way. And, you know, it's a personal test of will to zone out, as my sports coach at university taught me, and very satisfying to be able to beat this MF day by day. Sure, on rare occasions I feel a bit of self-pity. When it's glorious outside and I feel as though I've been beaten all over with a baseball bat, it's hard not to think 'fuckingfuckingfuckingfuckeryfuck'. But it doesn't last long, and I don't tend to share it. (Not least of which is because my father says accusingly: 'you're always in pain'. Yes, Dad, I know. Don't need you to remind me, ta.)
Good on you. 👍🏻 I’m in the same boat… Oral Ketamine and Palexia. There are days I struggle to function … only this week I literally couldn’t keep my eyes open one day and downed tools, but am generally able to function. Using pain as a crutch or for sympathy shows a real character flaw in my opinion. She really has issues!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Interesting btw that she claims there hasnt been any physical violence in their case. Obviously this also means that none from him either. And her NZ boy already confirmed that there was no sexual violence either. He greyrocked her, so what in gods name will her case even be about?! We know from NZ boy that her main defence is coercive control, but that's frankly more the other way around and also irrelevant to her harrassing him (for reactive abuse there needs to be some back and forth and that's not possible when you greyrock, and exercising your legal rights is not abuse either)

I feel like there will be loads of tattle lol. And even then most abusive messages were before she even discovered this site, so a defense of "I was attacked by people I think Ioan paid for, so all I did was reactive abuse" doesnt work.
Wouldn’t that easily be dismissed since IG has never paid anyone for anything, at least it seems as if it would not even be admissible since it’s not true. Couldn’t her abusive comments to people be used against her, especially since she has a tendency to over react to innocent comments, showing her naturally abusive nature? Whatever, it will be very interesting. 😬

Reactions: 11
I'm full of admiration for *you*, Kiki. You've kicked cancer's arse while dealing with extraordinary physical challenges; you're incredibly inspiring, and never ONCE have I seen you post anything remotely self-pitying.
When you're dealing with chronic pain, your attitude towards it is key. Whinging and complaining, encouraging others to speak of their experiences so you can jump on their bandwagon and shriek 'but mine is worse, mine is worse!'; to go doctor-shopping until you find one who tells you what you want to hear and compete with someone who has actual MS, is entirely counterproductive. Claiming that you can't look after your children while refusing pain meds is heinous. (And lest we forget, there is an emotionally exhausted yet supportive man who would dearly love to look after those children, if you only hadn't alienated them from him and thwarted him at every turn, Alice.) Bianca may be a bit new-age-give-it-to-the-universe, but she's positive. A positive mental attitude is everything.
But then, how could she wear her victimhood crown if she were to get off her backside and help herself, hmmm?
Aww thank you. ❤ That's so kind of you to say.
The boyfriend bought new four wheelers while I was going through chemo and, I may have had to force myself and gobble anti- nausea pills but I would ride those bad boys a day after hair-killing taxol.

Because I knew this would cement my badassness! 😂😂 He'd be like you wanta stop and I'd be like (yes) we came up this mountain! We gotta go down it!

But Alice strains to make a damn sandwich for her girls. She needs "help". 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.