Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #8 As unhinged as her bathroom door

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope Gloria is a double agent and actually communicating with him several times a day.

I know he is filming and probably needs the money but he’s made of different stuff than me. I would be so terrified she was going to kill herself or the kids I would be back there in a flash, job or no job.

The circumstances are completely different but she/this reminds me of the attention seeking and drama and substance abuse by Paula Yates and I really don’t think it’s going to end well.
Yes yes yes, Gloria double agent.

Reactions: 4
Just a tiny splice of the kinds of conversations found in the AE “appreciation” Facebook group, unsurprisingly lead by the two psycho monkeys.
They lack so much self awareness it’s completely laughable.
I find the comments about people who are standing up for Ioan are only doing it because they think it will lead to Ioan ending up in their bed the most laughable, immature, and asinine assumptions I have ever heard in my entire life! I cannot believe this is coming from grown ass women. Stupid twats.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I tried not to say that the other day. I reckon there is more surveillance and monitoring going on than most would think.
Agree 100% and also if something had changed re the girls, Alice would not want that known

Also got to laugh about Deb complaining about being bullied by Ioan fans over the last 7 years. It was the other way around. They systematically bullied people out of his fandom that werent supporting certain ideas (e.g. those who prefered Forever over his then new series Harrow, or for daring to not agree on everything with Alice, etc.). I don't get why Ioan trusted them this long, but his judgement has always been (and possibly continues to be) horrific.
Did he trust them or just ignore them/not really be aware of them? They seem so insignificant. Is a fan Facebook group that important to a career really? I had no idea!

Reactions: 7
I have no idea about any of this stuff but is it in any way normal for an actor of his stature to have all this weird fan drama? I’m talking way back, but also now. Is this a thing for every vaguely attractive D lister?
I was wondering this too! I’d never heard of either of them before this divorce drama kicked off, how do they both have such loyal fanbases?!

I have no idea about any of this stuff but is it in any way normal for an actor of his stature to have all this weird fan drama? I’m talking way back, but also now. Is this a thing for every vaguely attractive D lister?
No just ones that involve crazed lunatic girlfriends, fiancées, wives, and then stbx wives. The common denominator? Alice Evans Ex-Gruff! 😆

It is not really normal but I have seen worse - for example Sam Heughan, that actor from Outlander. He has endured online bullying from people who call themselves his fans

I am just catching up with all this and it's absolutely bizarre.....the two principal FMs are so weird surely you'd want to keep a very safe (i.e. restraining order) distance from these people and not make them your 'best mates'? It has a ring of Kathy Bates in Misery or the number one fan in the Alan Partridge series.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"Unheard of" - Girl, everyone knows this for about 20 years!
View attachment 864619

I know it’s still early but this is lining up to be my favourite Alice quote of the day:

‘he was spinning a completely unheard narrative about me. That I was dominating, difficult and aggressive’

I mean come on Ioan, what kind of animal are you to say that about Alice? How could you spread such lies and falsehoods.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Nope, it's definitely not normal.

The funny thing is I only got interested in him due to the alleged drama on his first websites back then (when I heard this on other boards I got interested and lurked in the final weeks, figured straight away that his wife is insane). He is a very solid actor who could have had a pretty good career, but he is definitely better known for drama (mostly thanks to his wife)
Today from Lorraine. Even Lorraine is now worried enough for Alice to advise she gets off social media.
View attachment 864538
btw this is from Karren Brady from the sun, not Lorraine

Reactions: 8
When Alice made this tweet (posted earlier in the thread) in response to a video of Ioan's girlfriend, I got a chuckle out of a reply back to her.

Alice Evans @AliceEvansGruff

20h

I guess, in the end, he got what he deserved.

@Qwertyyuuiooop

20h

As did you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Yes, it is. There’s a certain section of society (usually middle aged women) who go mental over these sorts of men. They claim to be ‘fans’ but the minute they step out of line in some sort of way, the fans turn on them. Sam Heughan as someone’s mentioned is one, and Jamie Dornan is another. The ‘fans’ prefer it if the object of their affection is in a relationship (but only with the woman of their choosing).

ETA: it’s not normal in any sense of the word, but it does happen to a lot of them.

Reactions: 9
This, 100%. I vaguely remember stumbling upon a fan site of his when I was a teen. I am now in my late 30s and slightly blown away by the fact there’s this whole subculture that’s been bubbling away this entire time.

I’m sure some superfans are possibly fine and normal but I literally cannot imagine anything creepier than having strangers with no boundaries think that I owe them something for updating a website every so often.

Reactions: 8
Yes, it is. There’s a certain section of society (usually middle aged women) who go mental over these sorts of men. They claim to be ‘fans’ but the minute they step out of line in some sort of way, the fans turn on them. Sam Heughan as someone’s mentioned is one, and Jamie Dornan is another. The ‘fans’ prefer it if the object of their affection is in a relationship (but only with the woman of their choosing).

ETA: it’s not normal in any sense of the word, but it does happen to a lot of them.
We need to get Louis Theroux on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

yeah there’s huge amounts of Adam Driver and Benedict Cumberbatch drama associated with forums and in fighting. Some commonalities seem to be if the star has been somewhat accessible or engaged with the fan community to start with. Then at some point a line will have been crossed and the star will start to distance and this sends the “fans” over the edge from obsessive adoration to obsessive bitterness. You can read a good write up of the Adam Driver stuff on the Hobbydrama subreddit if you search for it.

Some pop stars have it too, Charli XCX and Grimes are 2 that come to mind. People say their fans are the worst thing about them. Again 2 artists that highly engaged with their fanbase personally and now can’t do anything right in their eyes.

I think there must also be an ownership aspect? Dunno, would love to read some analysis actually!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.