Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Treacletrixter

VIP Member
I remember watching Ioan in 'Warriors' in about 2000 with Damien Lewis. I loved it, great storyline, great cast. Those two cast members stuck with me though and I have followed them since but the trajectories of their careers have been so different.
The stand out in that for me was Mathew MacFayden. I think he is a posho too (Keeley isn’t) but he was amazing as a squaddie.

Reactions: 2

Penguin86

VIP Member
Keep thread suggestions coming. Remember 210 character limit (this is including Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #54)

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
Congratulations @geebees your title made it through! 💙 love it 🐝 and thanks @welp for the new thread. Can't wait to see what comes next!

@Caitlyn130 you are so valued and appreciated here. Your voice is always heard and I adore the way you speak your mind 😊 Please understand that when people have a differing opinion it's never personal 💜 (unless it's one of those wee smelly monkeys).

I'm watching Still Game and Jack and Victor are watching wildlife. As I typed that last sentence they just said 'oh fuck Monkeys, we hate Monkeys' 😂😂
Aww Victor; i have the BIGGEST crush on Greg Hemphill. And yes i do mean when he is in character :)

• Heart

DeblnPA

What’s the context, then? I’m lost.
The context is we’re on a celebrity gossip forum and the comment was talking specifically about the word she used to praise Biancas video. Reading more into that comment/assuming they meant something they didn’t say is uncharitable imo

Side note but can someone clarify if B and I are in the house Alice and the girls lived in? Someone here (sorry I forgot who) said B took her video in the girls’s room? Also is I staying at B’s home in LA? I apologize since this has already been covered

PinkyWinky

VIP Member
I have not seen Court TV, how do I get this in the UK?
Before I commit to an opinion about the quality of her lawyer I would want to watch them in action. As a starting point however, and with apologies for the clichés, he was given a hospital pass as a client, and you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
It’s on YouTube court tv channel. The lawyers are addressing a jury so I’m only giving my point of view if I was on the jury but I’m not American so I might be missing nuances. The rest of his statement was ok it was just the very beginning that threw me but that sets the stage.

I can't remember rn but is I'm a Killer the one where they tell it from the prisoner/killer's perspective first, and then from law enforcement involved and sometimes the victims family? The killer almost always presents themselves as innocent or a victim of circumstance/self-defence and I feel sorry for them, but then the law/victim's family tells their side. It's interesting to get hear the two sides and try to work out how much of the truth is actually in the middle.

There are a lot of interesting crime shows on Netflix, especially the foreign language ones. What Happened To Little Gregory was heart-breaking and just evil.
I think so! I’ve noticed Netflix seems to always be sympathetic to the perpetrator. Maybe they think the shock factor makes it more interesting? Idk. I do recall two episodes with women who killed abusive men, one being a rapist? Could be confusing it with other shows but I know there have been one or two profiled whos crimes weren’t cold blooded like the others.

ButterTart

VIP Member
Yes I remember now. Just nothing to link it to Casey. Who was an insane liar
There were things to link it to Casey, like Caylee’s blanket. The jury felt that it wasn’t premeditated murder and they felt the prosecution hadn’t fully connected all the dots.

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
I saw it mentioned once, but the podcast Sweet Bobby is excellent. The podcast Paper Ghosts can be good because the host has a sort of working relationship with a serial killer and gives his insight into some of the crimes. I also love Netflix’s show “I’m a killer (murderer? Can’t remember lol)” which tells a crime in each episode but through the eyes and narration of the killer. Can be chilling, but some of the crimes are more self defense-ish.

as far as fictional crime, I just started Yellowjackets on showtime to lick my wounds after that shitty Dexter finale and it is SO GOOD. I started it after seeing 90’s actresses star in it and was so happy to see them get work because of the ageism in Hollywood. I’m so glad I did!

LOL I try to explain to my friends why I lost track of books or shows and they just don’t understand…
I can't remember rn but is I'm a Killer the one where they tell it from the prisoner/killer's perspective first, and then from law enforcement involved and sometimes the victims family? The killer almost always presents themselves as innocent or a victim of circumstance/self-defence and I feel sorry for them, but then the law/victim's family tells their side. It's interesting to get hear the two sides and try to work out how much of the truth is actually in the middle.

There are a lot of interesting crime shows on Netflix, especially the foreign language ones. What Happened To Little Gregory was heart-breaking and just evil.

Perplexity

VIP Member
Off subject but I’ve seen some talk of true crime in here and I love it! If anyone is down for suggesting documentaries or podcasts etc I’d love it (hope this isn’t against rules)

Slacks makes me think of people who used to say “that’s a handsome woman”
Idk why.
I love True Crime Obsessed. They discuss true crime documentaries and it can be very funny without ever being disrespectful or making jokes about the crime itself.

ETA It’s a podcast!

Oh also I’d recommend The Women and the Murderer (on Netflix) and Sophie: A murder in west Cork

SusanC

VIP Member
Well, I don't gush about her. I'd have a hard time summoning energy to have an opinion about her one way or the other. Only reason I have any investment in IG is because of a tendency to champion underdogs. AE, I've had plenty to say about because imo, she's demonstrated that she could be dangerous, particularly when she seemed intent on the Sampson Option of destroying herself and everything connected. But it seems she's decided to survive and has upped her act via the Cameo venture, so great. Can't see BW gaining much traction show-biz wise and maybe that was never her goal. Maybe she invests in underdogs too and is with IG to help & support him through this mess?
+1, BIB

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Perplexity

VIP Member
True Crime fan here too! 🙋🏼‍♀️ Do you listen to Stephanie Harlowe on YouTube? I def recommend - she always approaches from an intelligent, sensitive and thorough perspective.
I have no clue about anything on YouTube - thanks for the rec! True Crime Obsessed has kind of spoiled me for other True Crime podcasts so if Stephanie Harlowe is in the same vein I’m sure I’ll love it.

Reactions: 1