Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #37 "Poor me... another sharp one!"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mixed feelings about BW. On the one hand I'm glad IG has someone here with him who cares as he must feel very alone at times with Malice on the warpath. If she's truly in love with IG then I don't think any amount of doubts voiced by family/friends (however well intentioned) would deter her. Perhaps because of her diagnosis she is following her heart & wants to grab life with both hands while she still can even if that means their life being badly impacted by Malice? If it's true her ex left her because he couldn't handle her diagnosis that would have been devastating. In IG she has found someone who is the polar opposite & is supportive & I imagine it works both ways & they are helping each other? I am not pro cheating at all, but after what Malice put him through for years (& God knows he tried long enough to get her to change her toxic behaviour) I really couldn't give a tit about their timeline. I do think she's a tough cookie to have not baled already after all the vile abuse Malice & her FM's hurled at her & her family. Stress is harmful for anybody but especially someone with MS. Maybe their relationship will last, maybe it won't, or maybe it's just what they both need for 'right now'? But tbh, had it been me, I would have run in the opposite direction as Malice is just too toxic & she will never stop. She's admitted that she is relentless.
Agree with all this. Surprisingly though, BW has a Twitter account that is wide open - no lock on it like AE and there was only ONE negative comment. She's not a huge account by any means but I think it's really telling (on Twitter at least) that those bitter women and sad men find no value in trolling BW. They save their comments for AE's Twitter feed only to just get her attention.

Reactions: 10
I’m so sorry about this. Only tell her when you feel is emotionally and mentally safe to do so - remember, you owe her nothing. Don’t let her steal your joy. This is YOUR happiness, your body, your family ❤

ETA: I don’t have children but there are plenty of things I’ve sat on before telling my mum, mostly so she doesn’t steal my joy. New jobs, my current relationship (she didn’t know for 8 months lol), buying houses, getting pets - I didn’t want the rude or judgemental comments so I got myself in a position where I had accepted the news myself, I was comfortable with my choice and I could just shut her down with “well, I’m happy and have been for a few months with my decision”.
The first time my mother was physical with me as an adult was after I had gone out to celebrate a new job. The night ended with me getting a slap across the face and to my eternal shame which wars a little with my inner shock and stubbornness I knee jerk reaction slapped her back :eek: I think it was something to do with being hit about the face/head, I've never been violent in my life before! :( The second time she rushed me and shoved me backwards but I managed to only tell her to keep her bleeping hands to herself :mad:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
All of this, except I don't believe he was bullied into marrying her. I am not going to make this guy into a man-child. He, like many men, held off from marriage to a long-time girlfriend. I'm sure they discussed it over the years and he let her know he was committed. Did she give an ultimatum after a very decent time of being patient? Yes, she did, like many women, and there is nothing wrong with that. She had every right to let him know where she stood. He could have moved on. He loved her, and I believe their relationship had a lot of good to it for many years. I mean, this is a guy who wouldn't marry her without a rock solid, long pre-nup. So he wasn't some namby-pamby guy run over by a woman, a man who had no say in the relationship. My friend did the same thing after only two years of dating, and a breakup for a year, and a year later they got engaged when he wanted her back. They had to have therapy about his not wanting to get married again after a bad divorce. And my friend refused a pre-nup, hence the going to therapy. Neither was wrong in their feelings, but it took work and a long breakup dating other people to get there.

Jeff Bridges, the actor, has talked about his wife, Sue, giving him a ultimatum about marriage when they were young. She wanted marriage and children. She realized he was serious about not wanting to be married, but living together. He thought marriage was death. She even talked to his mom, who advised her to leave. She did. They broke up for six months. He realized as much as he didn't want marriage he wanted her more than
he didn't want marriage.

If Alice hadn't become a more and more destructive looney over the last decade, with a possible alcohol problem, they would probably still be together.
View attachment 945623
We can agree to disagree, because I do believe that to an extent he was bullied into marrying her at that time. If he really wanted to he would have asked earlier when she wasn’t getting to the age of declining fertility and increased risk of pregnancy complications or genetic problems with a baby. I’m not saying he didn’t love her.
I know nothing about Jeff Bridges and his wife tbh.
I do agree about them still being married if she wasn’t an alcoholic loon.

Reactions: 7
Violence would stop me. I would never allow my children to see that. That could be verbal or physical. No-one deserves that to happen to them.
Why should he have to go to her house to have contact? They’re his children too.
This ^ 1 million percent!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am new here and don't know how to a stand alone post so will put my question here. I keep wondering this...

To all the mothers here...if the condition for you to to see your children was to have to go to their home to pick them up, would you do it, no matter how messy it might get with their other parent?

As a mother myself, I can't imagine anything stopping me from picking them up. Or going there to even talk to them outside about visiting.
I don’t doubt he loves them and wants desperately to see them more often - how could he not. But he’s used to being away working and is trying to establish proper time with them for himself so they can have a relationship away from AE. I don’t think it is comparable to the “typical” parent who is with the children most of the time and would feel their absence more.

I would want to crawl across hot coal to see my daughter if I hadn’t seen her for a while of course, but if we had a relationship that involved time and distance anyway due to work commitments, I may be more inclined to do it IGs way, without giving in to her and with the Court on my side.

EDIT - removed reference to a mother as it implied they are primary carers for children and feel a child’s absence more, this wasn’t the intention, I’ve instead just referred to parent

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Even my job has a face palm emoji, or hitting head against the wall, available in the chat. I feel at this moment people might magically just by the power of the web knock themselves unconscious though.
My work had a "putting a gun to your head" emoji. But they got rid of that one when they realised it came as part of the emoji package.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I see no evidence that Ioan doesn’t love his children. What is he supposed to do, kidnap them?

He is doing everything by the book. He wants 50/50 custody and in order to achieve this he has to play by the rules. I think he has been extremely dignified in the face of extreme provocation.

He probably DOES want to go the house and grab the girls, but he knows that would play right into Alice’s hands.

On the occasions Ive seen him interacting with this children, he seems lovely and far more engaged with them than Alice.

I hope so much that his relationship with the girls can be mended.
He can’t even phone the girls without Alice ‘leaning in’ so her face is taking up the screen. Can only imagine how bleeping annoying that would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.