Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #228 i am an actress earn money in tv or movies but its hard finding jobs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lawyers can speak and communicate before a trial. That includes asking questions and resolving outstanding issues that don’t need a judge or which will waste time and delay proceedings. The judge expects this to happen and it avoids evidence being presented on the day. Which I made no reference to so I don’t see what your point is. But in my experience a judge can consider relevant information presented on the day if it facilitates a decision.

Ioan’s side will undoubtedly question and challenge her outgoings and lack of earnings. Stating they are unreasonable and not his responsibility. If Alice chooses to maintain a gap in her financials she cannot demonstrate her suitability as a parent. Not working is Alice’s choice. Not working and having custody of her childrens is the Judges.
Of course lawyers can communicate but they were both required to produce their full financials 10 days before the trial. She has not complied. They are going to trial specifically because these issues need a judge, or they would have already been resolved. I think it’s very unlikely anything will be resolved prior to the court dates.

Reactions: 32
tbh it will be way more straight forward. Ioan has to pay spousal support as in the prenup (minus what Alice owes him, so he probably has not to pay anything) and child support as in the law. This is all straight forward. The only thing that is variable is child support in terms of whether they have joint or sole custody. That will make about 1 grand per month difference. They tend to also decide on which parent has to pay how much of the child specific expenses (eg school books) since it's money that will go directly to the childrens benefit I can see Ioan voluntary paying everything on that, but I can also see the judge just deciding that he pays that all because Alice cant pay anything.

Of course it does happen that a judge orders higher support than normally, but this only happens in life standard difference. In this case though Alice's life standards are higher than Ioans. And even if higher support would be ordered (because Alice earns nothing) it would be only temporary and counted against future payments. The whole point of spousal support is not to leech off someone but to be given time to make the transition to be independent. That Alice after 3 years has still not manage to generate income that with support payment would at least make her break even is a huge mark against her.

Also the fact that she has not downsized all these years, not found a job and demands sole custody looks very bad along that fake RO attempt and the obvious PA...the strategy behind this is all too obvious.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
Of course lawyers can communicate but they were both required to produce their full financials 10 days before the trial. She has not complied. They are going to trial specifically because these issues need a judge, or they would have already been resolved. I think it’s very unlikely anything will be resolved prior to the court dates.
If I was Ioan I'd be quietly losing my tit over her failure to comply. She's had months to get this together and she's still playing silly buggers. I hope for all their sakes that the court hearing actually happens and Alice gets her ass handed to her.

Reactions: 37
I can believe that an American teacher thanks parents for "letting [teacher] have Wonder Child in the class." Sounds like schmoozy small talk at a parent teacher conference.

We have a messed up education system and teachers have to swallow a lot of bullshit--they have a tough job and they have to thank society at large for letting them do it.
Maybe the teacher was sucking up to try and make things easier for herself and for Ella. I can believe that Elsie is well behaved in school but I have serious doubts about Ella. In the photo of the girls where Elsie is in an “Alice style headlock” I recognize an expression I know all too well. It’s the exact same way my narc sister would look at me and it always meant something bad.
And please don’t come at me for saying this, I’m only calling things as I see them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Maybe the $3000 figure is the annual cost...or another Bernal typo and should be $300
Either that or she's paying the bill for all the condos in the block
I think we've found the Russian hackers West Coast base. Those laptops don't charge themselves. 😏

MOO

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I've observed something interesting now

In 2021 Ioan paid 264k - about 80-100k of this will be house expenses - if you divide the rest by 12 you get around 13-15k/month

In 2022 Ioan paid 152k - again, about 80-100k of this will be house expenses, Ioan said in his declaration that he paid until april all of Alice's credit card debts and then stopped. So if you divide the rest by 4 (months) you get again 13-15k.

In 2023 Ioan paid 19k (and then another 10k in december per stipulation), those 19k match the costs for the house for the first 3 months (if it was paid)

What I'm trying to say with this is that we were probably right all along and that Alice was technically telling the truth: he was probably not paying Alice any (or little) support the past 1.5 years except of the house. What Alice conveniently left out though, and what we had figured out, is that he was overpaying a lot before this so that he was allowed to turn off the tap (and he could have continued this for years to come)

Unfortunately this will not happen because there is little money to get out of Alice and it's too risky for Ioan to make things only worse but a defamation trial would have been pretty interesting on this. She clearly defamed him in terms of supporting the kids and it has 100 % damaged his reputation, but due to the nature of the payments I can see a jury (especially since the bar for defamation is so high) saying that technically she wasnt lying, though I definitely remember her saying that she paid for everything herself the past 3 years (and Loopy even claimed that Ioan provided near nothing since the seperation LMAO), so perhaps I would be wrong and it would be a straight forward case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I've observed something interesting now

In 2021 Ioan paid 264k - about 80-100k of this will be house expenses - if you divide the rest by 12 you get around 13-15k/month

In 2022 Ioan paid 152k - again, about 80-100k of this will be house expenses, Ioan said in his declaration that he paid until april all of Alice's credit card debts and then stopped. So if you divide the rest by 4 (months) you get again 13-15k.

In 2023 Ioan paid 19k (and then another 10k in december per stipulation), those 19k match the costs for the house for the first 3 months (if it was paid)

What I'm trying to say with this is that we were probably right all along and that Alice was technically telling the truth: he was probably not paying Alice any (or little) support the past 1.5 years except of the house. What Alice conveniently left out though, and what we had figured out, is that he was overpaying a lot before this so that he was allowed to turn off the tap (and he could have continued this for years to come)

Unfortunately this will not happen because there is little money to get out of Alice and it's too risky for Ioan to make things only worse but a defamation trial would have been pretty interesting on this. She clearly defamed him in terms of supporting the kids and it has 100 % damaged his reputation, but due to the nature of the payments I can see a jury (especially since the bar for defamation is so high) saying that technically she wasnt lying, though I definitely remember her saying that she paid for everything herself the past 3 years, so perhaps I would be wrong and it would be a straight forward case.
If there is an utter utter defamation case I hope Anne Kiley is the judge and Alison Burkhart is there providing a live feed

• Haha
I think Alice has tried to get around outright defamation by careful semantics.

Ioan didn’t formally pay anything at first but she had access to the joint accounts and credit cards.

It seems like he stopped that because she was frittering away or stashing thousands and was spending far above reasonable living costs.

Whichever way she spins it she’s had over $500k and claimed to have spent all her own savings whilst pleading poverty.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
$3000 dollars a month on utilities. Marijuana farm. It’s legal in California, I think. Only explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I've added @M33L4 and @Bridgeofsighs recent songs to our playlist in advance of the upcoming court hearings

I've also noticed the Bifurcation Day playlist isn't in the wiki, please could someone add it in?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She's eyeing Ella as her next meal ticket on the nepo modelling circuit
Unfortunately for Alice's cunning plan, her children simply don't have the connections to be nepo anything, be it models, actors or whatever. Despite her delusions of grandeur, Alice is a nobody. Ioan isn't exactly a big name superstar, and being the offspring of a fruitcake mum and an abused dad who had to take out a restraining order on his ex-wife, isn't exactly the celebrity reach that Alice seems to think it is. Ella is lovely, as is Elsie, but they're not going to be models on the back of their "famous" parents' names. One of their parents isn't even famous! 🤭

If I was Ioan I'd be quietly losing my tit over her failure to comply. She's had months to get this together and she's still playing silly buggers. I hope for all their sakes that the court hearing actually happens and Alice gets her ass handed to her.
Nah. He should leave her be. Let her slowly twist in the wind and fade away. This is the only thing she has left that she can use against him and even that will end in the next two months.
She's not having much success with it either because if she does not provide her financials the court will probably just impute an amount to her and do the calculations based on the evidence she did provide which are her bills. So if he has stopped paying her and she alleges that she is still paying that amount then that will be taken into account to calculate her share of expenses. I hope her lies comes back to bite her in the ass and she has to pay Ioan child support.
I will admit, in the beginning I was all for him getting things done. I do still think that he left the issue with the kids too late before taking action. But everything else he followed his attorneys advice and she hung herself. She is going to walk away with nothing. Not even her reputation, not that she had much to begin with.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.