Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #222 A life of addiction & confliction, writing fiction while facing eviction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice has to comment on a friend's birthday post and make it all about herself. I'm not at all surprised that Alice likes his jacket. Mrs Hilfiger has become "sweet angel", she should run.

AE: I'm weepy today...this set me off again!

View attachment 2585844View attachment 2585846
If anyone can find a picture of Alice not doing a duck face with a sweet smile looking at Ioan, I will reward you with ONE POTATO (peeled by hand by a child).

I expect some turkey day madness. Gobble gobble 🦃

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If anyone can find a picture of Alice not doing a duck face with a sweet smile looking at Ioan, I will reward you with ONE POTATO (peeled by hand by a child).

I hope the girls ate invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with friends. Alice should have the day she deserves.

The invite was obviously size zero with long blond hair. Alice would have struggled with that.

Pretty nauseating that they don’t have anyone there who doesn’t fit the size zero and blonde troupe. Who would want to join that club. 🤔
Alice. Alice would love to be in that club. As long as she was the prettiest blondest size zeroest of them all. Unfortunately for her, apart from lacking any of these so-called qualities, none of the people in the photo could pick her out of a line up (including her bestest friend Mrs H).

Reactions: 15

Never mind her eyes, Mal has lips that follow you around the room.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
One happy boy, and the man who "hates dogs" in the background. Or is that his hand beside 🐝's?

Screenshot_20231123-020723.png

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Ugh had an Alice moment at dinner tonight (whole rat family is together for Thanksgiving in the US). A comment was made about how women who grow up with negative comments about their looks/etc. grow up to "marry abusers." Then some light joking, but then one wife started making some kinda rough comments about her husband, nothing too crazy, just a bit uncomfortable. Being the silly rat I am, I tried to change the subject with a joke. I said, "what about for men that are abused?" lightly referring to the wife's comments and she backed off with a laugh.

But then my sister frowns and says "men can't be abused! They're bigger, he could knock her down with one punch."

Trying to keep the peace and knowing my sister loves nothing more than a fight, I just had to walk away, but it made me so frustrated. Especially as my sister has emotionally abused me, my parents, and I'm 99% sure her own husband. I don't think she's a narcissistic, but maybe a bit sociopathic.

As I thought about it more, it sort of reshaped my view of Alice. I'd kind of thought she knew she was being abusive and malicious, but seeing my sister just being misogynistic and stubborn, it hit me like... this woman truly thinks she can do no wrong, and Ioan wasn't abused since he didn't "hit back." 😡

Good luck to any other American tattlers out there gathering with family now ❤ it's wonderful and stressful lol

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm so sorry, @priusrat. I can relate with your family experience well. I know holidays are definitely bittersweet because of the disagreements caused by certain family members. I hope you can spend time with those family members whose presence is a source of joy to you. 💜

This time of year makes me appreciate Tattle a lot. As the saying goes, "good friends are God's apology for family." ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm so sorry, @priusrat. I can relate with your family experience well. I know holidays are definitely bittersweet because of the disagreements caused by certain family members. I hope you can spend time with those family members whose presence is a source of joy to you. 💜

This time of year makes me appreciate Tattle a lot. As the saying goes, "good friends are God's apology for family." ☺
Yes, I certainly appreciate Christmas now, spending it alone, cuddling my animals. No more crying in the kitchen after words flying across the table.

And my cat and dogs have excellent taste in choosing my presents!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Glom is my word of the day (after contemporaneous... those that get it, get it!)
She has no dignity. A so-called friend has some great party and don't invite me, clearly I am not in the friend category. No way I'm creeping on their Insta and posting comments. I will just quietly go about my business and accept that they regard me as an acquaintance at best. Why humiliate yourself like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I said, "what about for men that are abused?" lightly referring to the wife's comments and she backed off with a laugh.

But then my sister frowns and says "men can't be abused! They're bigger, he could knock her down with one punch."

Trying to keep the peace and knowing my sister loves nothing more than a fight, I just had to walk away, but it made me so frustrated. Especially as my sister has emotionally abused me, my parents, and I'm 99% sure her own husband. I don't think she's a narcissistic, but maybe a bit sociopathic.
Was your sister the spoilt Golden Child? It does sound like she would abuse her husband. A lot of abusive women bank on the fact that a good man won't attack back even if the woman hits them, like AE did with IG. It's not about who has the most upper body strength, it's about who behaves abusively.

There's a thin line between narcs and sociopaths - I guess sociopaths just take things further than narcs do.
---
this woman truly thinks she can do no wrong, and Ioan wasn't abused since he didn't "hit back." 😡
Well they always have a justification for their abuse and if the law gets involved it's "legal abuse" as they are the victim.

1700731037379.png

Reactions: 7
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our lovely American Turds. Not Alice though, I hope she chokes on a turkey bone. I have her on my celeb death pool list so good points too.

Also, 2024 voting opens soon, a few of you have already popped across. Funniest thread on Tattle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Can you imagine any of us behaving this way? https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/nov/22/tiktok-overheard-gossip-sharing-trend
It seems the antithesis of what Tattle is about - containing gossip in a minute corner of the internet and staying far, far away from the subject of the gossip. I have no desire to be within ten miles of Alice, Meghan Markle (urgh), or another ‘influencer’ on whom I comment, Ashley James - I can’t imagine revealing random strangers’ private information and feeling virtuous about it.
I can imagine Alice doing this, though. And thinking that she is in the right - that she is morally superior.

@Hiraeth @ButterTart What do you think are the sanctions Alice could realistically face as a consequence of her ongoing campaign? Will Judge Josh hit her with community service or even limited prison time, given that there is no way she will ever, ever give up - one of the hallmarks of her character is her tenacity - and what would happen to the girls in that instance? In short, what does Alice’s future look like from the legal and financial perspective?
Also, to any psychologists/counsellors out there: how long is reunification therapy supposed to last, and how quickly is it likely to work (if it ever can) given that the perpetrator is still dripping poison into those poor girl’s ears on a daily basis? If Alice were arrested, whom would the kids go to? Is she banking on the fact that she has so thoroughly isolated them to keep herself out of prison?

I just can’t see how this will play out in the long run. (And apologies for waffling so much; I’ve been dealing with insomnia of late, and it’s affecting my lucidity.) So Alice and the girls are evaluated. The girls receive counselling. Alice receives therapy. She will be financially penalised every time she tries to interfere with the therapuetic process. She refuses to work and has no income, has squandered IG’s money and is living beyond her means. She could be found in contempt of court. The girls won’t talk to their father. They’re supposedly going to be homeless again imminently. What’s the endgame?
Sorry that this is all so vague - I just can’t see how this is going to work, or end well under any circumstances.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our U.S. Turds! :)

Just dropping by to announce that Alice has indeed completed and published her tell-all memoir. Did you all get your copy yet? She chose a pen name, which I can only assume is to protect her from the vile and completely unjustified personal attacks from a bunch of frustrated, middle-aged, dumped, ugly, abusive, stupid and depressed shrews on this evil platform named Tattle (which, incidentally, is run by Bianca and Ioan - but shhhh, don't tell anyone!).

1700742240457.png

The good news is that it looks like she still doesn't leave the house but has at least started to build rapport with some poor bastards fellow human beings and moved closer to the beach.

#pageturner #pulitzer #nobelprize #worldwidephenomenon #nytbestseller #billionaireauthor #literarygenius

(My apologies to the actual author of this actual book, but I just found it too funny to not post ;))

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.