Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #221 Hi you've reached YoBee please leave your message after the alcaTone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marie got $90k. I thought she was much more aggressive on Alice’s behalf.
Marie seems to have been tough with AE too. There were no socks until she got fired which coincided with the fake RO request. I think AE knows that Bernie is her last chance saloon lawyer. If he is fired who the hell would want her as a client?

Reactions: 19
Why do people have the sense Bernal is a shark? He hasn’t been aggressive on her behalf, mostly agrees with Ioan’s legal counsel in court appearances, and what he’s asking in fees for the trial is not outrageous. Any lawyer or professional would likely withdraw if they weren’t paid for their work. He’s still her attorney, as far as we know, so he hasn’t bailed yet. Most divorces would cost likely half of what he is charging in total, but this is not an average divorce in terms of the length of time it’s been going on, and the (high) number of motions filed. If he’s charging $300 an hour (not unreasonable) that’s about 83 hours. For a run of the mill divorce, that sounds like a lot of hours but this is Alice we’re talking about. There will be trial prep (reviewing everything up to now, including the ongoing custodial evaluation) and the trial itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s charging her more just because he knows how difficult she is and her history with her other lawyers. He also quoted the $25,000 when he knew what she was getting out of the house sale. Remember that Marie got $90k. I thought she was much more aggressive on Alice’s behalf.
Because he is not interested in anything except his monetary reward from his client. This is so clear. Marie protected Alice by arguing for her eg "I may have not behaved so well but was emotionally distraut."She tried to find rationales for her client to have behaved badly. Bernal doesn't give a tit. Alice was absolutely against a custody evaluation, but Bernal agreed with opposing counsel that Dupee should be appointed, obviously before speaking with her. After speaking with her, he couldn't put forward any argument except Alice 'did not want it'. Not the most supportive lawyer. He is a shark because he has no problem in biting his client - either way he gets a pay check. So yes, Bernal = shark. And Alice deserves him.

Reactions: 14
Lol

Screenshot_20231103_162551_Samsung Internet.jpg

---
But, you're supporting Alice, the victim extraordinaire.

Screenshot_20231103_162804_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
PS quite honestly, would ANYONE (ALICECAPS) think he was a good lawyer given the abysmal reponse he gave to the court? We made fun of Marie's phaoraly, but honestly how could ANYONE justify the appalling response he put forward to Ioan's well set out and cohesive financial papers. Typos, even around the name of Alice's daughter, caps and non caps and grammatical errors up the wazoo. And mostly, absolutely no legal response whatsoever apart from "ooo well let's see what the court says, apart from the pre-nup which clearly is watertight'. I would be furious if I was Alice. You can't get a less lazy legal response if you tried.

Reactions: 15
Why do people have the sense Bernal is a shark? He hasn’t been aggressive on her behalf, mostly agrees with Ioan’s legal counsel in court appearances, and what he’s asking in fees for the trial is not outrageous. Any lawyer or professional would likely withdraw if they weren’t paid for their work. He’s still her attorney, as far as we know, so he hasn’t bailed yet. Most divorces would cost likely half of what he is charging in total, but this is not an average divorce in terms of the length of time it’s been going on, and the (high) number of motions filed. If he’s charging $300 an hour (not unreasonable) that’s about 83 hours. For a run of the mill divorce, that sounds like a lot of hours but this is Alice we’re talking about. There will be trial prep (reviewing everything up to now, including the ongoing custodial evaluation) and the trial itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s charging her more just because he knows how difficult she is and her history with her other lawyers. He also quoted the $25,000 when he knew what she was getting out of the house sale. Remember that Marie got $90k. I thought she was much more aggressive on Alice’s behalf.
Thanks for posting this, BT. His hourly rate is pretty low for Big City Lawyers and what we have seen from transcripts and the court record show that he isn't milking the process--no gross motions, etc.

One isn't a shark because one demands payment up front. Family law and criminal law are two areas where getting paid up front tend to be important. Even people who win their cases get tired of paying off legal bills and default. You think Alice's credit is good?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The flying 🐒 has a problem with sock accounts? :LOL:

View attachment 2549646
oh thats an interesting admission.

"if men [would do this] it would be investigated"

that's basically one of our main points here. Ioan behaving like Alice did would have had him jaiiled. Thanks for disagreeing with Alice that the justice system is after women, and that's why she has a RO and had criminal charges!

Reactions: 25
Because he is not interested in anything except his monetary reward from his client. This is so clear. Marie protected Alice by arguing for her eg "I may have not behaved so well but was emotionally distraut."She tried to find rationales for her client to have behaved badly. Bernal doesn't give a tit. Alice was absolutely against a custody evaluation, but Bernal agreed with opposing counsel that Dupee should be appointed, obviously before speaking with her. After speaking with her, he couldn't put forward any argument except Alice 'did not want it'. Not the most supportive lawyer. He is a shark because he has no problem in biting his client - either way he gets a pay check. So yes, Bernal = shark. And Alice deserves him.
That’s actually the opposite of what a shark would do. They would be vigorous in pursuit of what their clients want. What you’re describing is just laziness.

Reactions: 17
Thanks for posting this, BT. His hourly rate is pretty low for Big City Lawyers and what we have seen from transcripts and the court record show that he isn't milking the process--no gross motions, etc.

One isn't a shark because one demands payment up front. Family law and criminal law are two areas where getting paid up front tend to be important. Even people who win their cases get tired of paying off legal bills and default. You think Alice's credit is good?
One is a shark, when they sit back and let an emotionally problematic client to publicly create their own issues, and sit back and go, well, going forward I will need $25k minimum. And not put forward any rationale as to why your client is 1. not answering the court's requirement for information 2. blame the client for not having enough information to provide at the time of submission
---
That’s actually the opposite of what a shark would do. They would be vigorous in pursuit of what their clients want. What you’re describing is just laziness.
A shark will often eat those around them. That is what is meant by a shark.

Reactions: 2
Ioan has never been ‘rich’, she couldn't have hidden too much money.
She's definitely emptied any joint accounts she had access to and shifted the money to the UK. She admitted as much. I doubt she's been hiding other money before that, she was spending too much and there wouldn't be that much spare income for her to hide

Reactions: 22
PS quite honestly, would ANYONE (ALICECAPS) think he was a good lawyer given the abysmal reponse he gave to the court? We made fun of Marie's phaoraly, but honestly how could ANYONE justify the appalling response he put forward to Ioan's well set out and cohesive financial papers. Typos, even around the name of Alice's daughter, caps and non caps and grammatical errors up the wazoo. And mostly, absolutely no legal response whatsoever apart from "ooo well let's see what the court says, apart from the pre-nup which clearly is watertight'. I would be furious if I was Alice. You can't get a less lazy legal response if you tried.
Good or decent lawyering doesn’t need to be aggressive or involve arguing the toss. Sometimes the best lawyer is the one who knows the court, can read the judge and knows when to shut up. The abuse card has been played, ironically by Alice, but more successfully countered by Anne. The Marie delay tactics won’t work because not only will Anne object but the GAL will too. But more importantly the Judge knows what he wants. He is just being polite by asking for objections.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
One is a shark, when they sit back and let an emotionally problematic client to publicly create their own issues, and sit back and go, well, going forward I will need $25k minimum. And not put forward any rationale as to why your client is 1. not answering the court's requirement for information 2. blame the client for not having enough information to provide at the time of submission
---

A shark will often eat those around them. That is what is meant by a shark.
That’s not what he’s doing, either. He’s also not responsible for her emotions. An aggressive lawyer WOULD be telling the court why his client is not responding…. Among other things. This guy seems like a shlub who’s happy to show up and collect his fee. Alice had an aggressive lawyer in Marie and binned her as soon as she refused to do dodgy stuff on Alice’s command. THAT’S what Alice wants. Someone who will go along with her lies and manipulation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That’s not what he’s doing, either. He’s also not responsible for her emotions. An aggressive lawyer WOULD be telling the court why his client is not responding…. Among other things. This guy seems like a shlub who’s happy to show up and collect his fee. Alice had an aggressive lawyer in Marie and binned her as soon as she refused to do dodgy stuff on Alice’s command. THAT’S what Alice wants. Someone who will go along with her lies and manipulation.
Bernal is used to representing people with not so much money. He will most certainly want to be paid upfront. You don't have the luxury of waiting for payment with clients on the verge of bankruptcy - which Alice is.
Anne Kiley on the other hand will know she will be paid from the blocked account eventually and I bet her law firm's finances aren't so stretched as thinly as Bernal's will be.

Reactions: 19
Bernal is used to representing people with not so much money. He will most certainly want to be paid upfront. You don't have the luxury of waiting for payment with clients on the verge of bankruptcy - which Alice is.
Anne Kiley on the other hand will know she will be paid from the blocked account eventually and I bet her law firm's finances aren't so stretched as thinly as Bernal's will be.
Yup, not disputing that, as @Snotbuster pointed out. Lawyers want to get paid too.

Reactions: 13
Alice's problem is lawyers can only do so much..they're not miracle workers. Even the best lawyer in the world couldn't dig Alice out of the hole she's dug for herself!
She’s her own worst enemy. And I’m sure that behaviour will continue during the custody trial and in its lead-up.

Reactions: 26
She’s her own worst enemy. And I’m sure that behaviour will continue during the custody trial and in its lead-up.
When I think back to when Leon was acting for her and she put in one of the original responses she wanted sole custody with visitation to Ioan (and then claimed on SM he was saying he didn't want the kids and only said he wanted visitation in his filings because it made him look bad if he didn't ask to see them at all) ...I mean talk about duck your own case up.

He must have been thinking "I can't help this idiot, she doesn't need Anne Kiley filing stuff against her she's her own worst enemy"

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.