Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #174 Even her divorce lawyer left her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gloria can testify on the basis of the phone call and she is volunteering to testify as a witness to support the RO. She can confirm/deny Ella was hysterical/Elsie told her this story/Ioan spoke to her and agreed for friends dad to pick up/the sky was green/etc - essentially anything relevant and if she is a witness on Ella's side then it will be in support of the restraining order.

It's not a weak witness list for something that happened behind closed doors I'm afraid.
Disagree. She can’t be a witness to the actual incident just that Ella was upset. Ella has already indicated she was upset (throwing food, leaving), so there is nothing new or frankly incriminating there.

The TRO was not granted and there is a VERY low standard of proof required. You need to show more than what was in that filing to get a PRO. I doubt they have additional evidence and what was presented is pretty weak.

Reactions: 29
Well we have only read Ella's accusations where she admits to trashing the place and throwing stuff at her dad first which could be classified as assault . we have not read what any of the other people present say. Gloria is not a neutral witness because she only knows what Ella told her and she is employed by Alice so there is an unequal relationship. We don't know why Ella called her nanny and not her mum. We don't know if the chaperone was present who has attended previous visitation because of threats of unfounded accusations. We don't know whether Bianca intervened, was attacked like Ioan or was unlucky to be standing near the door. At the moment all we have is Ella's statement who is obviously a very angry child with impulse control issues and doesn't show her behaviour in a positive light
I don't know how many more times I can make clear that I am on Ioans side. I am only pointing out flaws in Ioans case and whilst I agree that Ioan will win given the visible history of acts of alienation (Instagram hacking/amazon orders/etc), Gloria and co will be regarded as credible witness I'm afraid.

Reactions: 8
I'm not going to waste my time explaining as I fear I have become a villain for holding Ioan to a small degree of accountability but this is not the case. If Gloria is called to testify she will be asked questions beyond whether they were in Ioans apartment. Ie: Did Ella's story change / did you hear any commotion in the background of the call / did the girls express not wanting to meet B before / did you notice changes in behavior after the event / etc.
I have not argued about Ioan's accountability in this though lol

Here is my problem with your argument though: Which of Gloria's potential statements would make a judge think to give the RO? The witness telling you their story doesnt make you an additional witness. In terms of story consistency there isnt much variation you can do from "she slammed the door on me" (though I suppose Alice's mates showed that this is possible but this would work against her). She can obviously be asked about them saying to not wanting to meet Bianca ever, but that's something no one there denies, and Bianca being there against their wishes isnt the "abuse" that warrants the RO, yknow?

Reactions: 21
I don't know how many more times I can make clear that I am on Ioans side. I am only pointing out flaws in Ioans case and whilst I agree that Ioan will win given the visible history of acts of alienation (Instagram hacking/amazon orders/etc), Gloria and co will be regarded as credible witness I'm afraid.
To what? Ella being upset after an incident Gloria didn’t witness? Ella must already have been upset otherwise why was she throwing food?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.