Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #14 Let bogans be bogans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe he was realizing what kind of batshit crazy he had unwittingly invited into his life being so close to the fan club and was trying to step back from them?!

Idk much about IG as an actor or a celeb. Is he the kind of actor who does it more for the love of acting, or is the fame important to him too? Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to be famous Imo, especially as an actor, the more famous you are the more power you have to pick and choose your roles. But it seems like he supported the fan club initially because AE thought it was a good career move and then shut it down because AE was offended by some of the comments.
I get the feeling IG humoured the FMs to get AE off his back. That said, he did some nice fan videos (even if under duress).

IG wanted to be an A list actor but it didn't happen. There was 2 fan clubs - Ioanonline (1999 - 2006) and the crappy FB page (2014 to today) set up by the FMs. The first one had nothing to do with AE therefore she trashed it. It got loads of traffic - this was before twitter, Insta etc.

Reactions: 7
Here it is, plus one from September of 2020. IG looks hauntingly sad. 😞
Elsie is such a cutie! I really hope the kids get out of this OK and that IG keeps them in therapy long term to hopefully give them some sort of understanding and coping skills to deal with AE. IG looks really drained and exhausted in that second photo.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
A bit like the whole Cassandra Thorburn and Karl Stefanovic divorce ( only the Australians here would know this reference). Although Cass had her moments too. Maybe Alice should get a gig on Dancing with the Stars.
Cass Thorburn teetered on the edge a bit, whereas Alice has base jumped without a parachute. I was getting a bit annoyed with Cass but I think she had a lot more substance to her grievances plus Karl is annoying AF and she was well rid of him. Take the house and the money and good riddance!

Reactions: 5
Re: AE sexualising everything, my ex did the same and most of the people he would slander it was usually sexually based. I once pointed out my chiropractor's wife/receptionist walking down the street and he said he'd seen her breasts. When I made a sound of disgust he claimed it was in a wet t-shirt competition. I also worked out that in the 18 months we dated he had flings with at least 6 other women. He was always trying to make out that he was soooo attractive and women were always throwing themselves at him - partly to make me jealous, but I think also because he needed to believe that. One of the major markers of narcissism is a lot of short flings with people. So AE sexualising everything, even her children, might be another trait of narcissism. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's had a lot more flings of her own while IG was away, and subtly or maybe not so subtly taunted him with them.

Sorry if I'm boring people talking about my ex so much. These AE threads, AE herself, and all the posters on here who sadly have so much experience and knowledge with narcs has helped me so much to understand, put things into their proper perspective and to just move on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
IG has always been one of those actors whose face and name I knew but probably couldn't have pinpointed anything specific he'd been in. Tbh, I think that's a pretty good level of success! He seems to have worked fairly consistently but isn't crazy-famous and getting followed by the paps, etc. That's just my take on it, anyway. He also strikes me as the kind of guy who probably wouldn't like crazy fame. maybe the whole 'wanting to be an A-lister' thing was driven by AE.
I have also thought before that the recent pictures AE was posting on her instagram, his eyes look so sad, like there's just no life behind them. And she was posting them knowing he didn't want them to be posted and he'd spoken to her about it before. He must have felt so resigned by that point.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks @IHateHadargoyle
Yes, he does. :cry:

Re the other one, she can't even let him enjoy a sweet moment like that without getting in her little digs. So nasty. He always looks such a loving dad.
Yeah his expression screams “leave me alone to be with my kid without sticking your damn phone in my face”. I may be projecting though 😄

Reactions: 14
Yeah his expression screams “leave me alone to be with my kid without sticking your damn phone in my face”. I may be projecting though 😄
Yes I feel uncomfortable watching those videos. Like I know that you want to capture a tender moment but maybe not blast it on social media. Or at least ask if he is okay with that. But seems he asked her not to and she still did.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Alice at award things, or joint interviews in latter years, she comes across as try hard, insecure. I think it is because she has not been working for a while, out of the game, she comes across as odd. He looks uneasy around her, wondering how she will come across.

Reactions: 9
They don’t look like they have natural chemistry to be honest. Even as ‘long term married people’ usually have an ease with each other
These 2 are always odd

Reactions: 11
I also think this is potentially true. Their blog just reminds me so much of a friend of mine who was schizophrenic had a psychotic break and would write reams and reams of similarly paranoid stuff. I know I keep saying this but I hope they’re getting help and treatment but I suspect they’re not.
What is the blog? I've been trying to look but no luck, would like to see more about them

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.