Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #127 Get a job before your kids do Alice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this comment. I was a real SAHM which was fortuitous as I got very sick when they were under five. You’re so very busy that you would not possibly have time to be on SM like MAlice, even with a nanny’s help. That is if you are doing right by your kids. It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done but the results are extremely gratifying.
Me, too. I'm mostly a sahd. Today has been particularly thankless - The HUB returned from work and got all the love and I got to carry the giant rucksack full of crap water/snacks/wet clothes from where they leapt into a nearby fountain (I live in a v hot country) and was mostly ignored because they 'love him bestest'.
*seethes silently*

In topic, Alice needs to also be in a body of water.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Ok now bloody Vardy has got what she deserves I’m here for Alice to go down (not like that. Ew.) and the media to actually read the court papers and out her for the scheming narc abuser she really is. Photoshopping her eyes ffs tells you it all. She couldn’t be trusted to breathe without lying, blaming B, or scarring those poor kids some more. Absolute baggage of a woman and I hope she ends up on a PRO with visitation only and is court ordered to get a job, any job. The prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Welsh actress, she was in that Welsh soap opera that IG was also in. Presumably at the same time but I can't say that for certain.
it looks like they overalapped a year

Her acting career obviously hasnt been as great as Ioans. But she is a well established name in Wales and gets regulary roles on TV to this day. Is doing presenter jobs in Welsh radio & TV. Is doing theatre stage work (Ioan appears to have attended her latest work) and is involved in local politics along the way. I'm definitely not looking with judging eyes over to Alice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What rug will she wear to court? Will it be clean? Will she use actual shampoo and brush her teeth?
And which Crayola marker red lipstick will she choose? Which late-night eBay purchase that looks like Year 10 textiles coursework will she wear? HOW WILL SHE PHOTOSHOP HER EYES IN REAL-TIME???

• Haha
Reactions: 27
92DEEEC8-22B4-446F-BE81-34D0088E24A3.jpeg

Breaking News, turns out I need new glasses. That DOESN’T say stubbley-cock.
Anyone know Alice’s optician??

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wish Alice would just stop all the theatrics and accept the following:

1. Ioan will get 50/50 custody. That's what they planned for early on.

2. The girls will spend time with Bianca. She can't control who Ioan is involved with or marries. Bianca will very likely be their stepmother so making peace with her will be good for everyone.

3. The prenup will be upheld. Now is the time to accept any decent settlement offer that goes beyond the binding prenup.

4. The DVRO is 💯 happening. If she can commit herself to stopping all abuse and harassment and stay off SM it might help the length of it.

5. She has to move. The house is not hers to keep. Now is the time to find something modest and affordable.

6. She can't afford Gloria, nor will she be able to moving forward. Nannies in LA are expensive and she will not be getting much for spousal support (DVRO and prenup) nor child support (not with shared custody). She could either try to work something out with Ioan that they share Gloria so she can work, or she can hire a housekeeper once a week to clean and work from home. And she has to create income for herself. She isn't eligible for disability and it's very little money anyway.

At the end of the day, this is all happening. If Alice continues down this path of destruction she could end up with nothing. That's the reality. Pitching herself as the Norma Rae of single SAHMs is failing her. And it won't pay the bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I joined quite a while ago, after lurking on the first threads. I started off as an Alice sympathiser. I have to admit, I too, was a bit of an Alice, and I hang my head in shame.
This is a bit of a me rail so I have put under a spoiler
I was born and brought up in Africa. In my late 20’s I was lucky enough to move to the UK and shortly afterwards met my husband, also from Africa but a different country to me. I managed to get a really good job in the UK, but my husband was not happy and wanted to go back to his country. So we moved. For a few years all was good, but I could not work legally and my confidence dwindled. He entered into an affair with my good friend and I was dumped. What was worse was I had fallen pregnant and the shock made me miscarry at 4 months. It was so scary – I was alone in a country with no support system. I did not handle it well and started drinking a lot – I initially got angry and raged and raged when drunk – not to Alice’s extent, but loads of crying/begging/raging/pleading/angry phone calls and, I am embarrassed to say, a very short period of minor stalking ( I would pitch up every Sunday at the same church, off my face!). I really did lose my mind. However, once the anger wore off, it was replaced by a deep deep sadness. By that stage (4 months in), he was fed up of the anger/harassment and told me he was going to tell immigration if I could contacted him again. I was waiting for a resident permit and could not legally work, and needed to stay in the country. When we first arrived, I put down a big deposit on a property for us, but until I got residency I could not file for divorce or access the money. So I had to find illegal work. So I started waitressing in the the sorts of places that turned a blind eye to illegal workers. I was treated like tit by management, but in a way it was my saving grace. I had to stop drinking and I started enjoying my work – I liked interacting with customers and I was good at being a waitress and started building my fragile self esteem. One week after my residency came through, he and my ex friend left for Australia. It was a huge relief – I HAD to get on with my life. I did well for 1 year, then had a mini breakdown, got really fat (from being a gorgeous Bianca like person) and started drinking again (luckly was able to continue functioning at work). It was SO tiring being self destructive. I actually got so sick of feeling sick and sad all the time that I sat up one day and said ‘ENOUGH’. Then my life really started blooming. A few years later I got a message from the ex via SM apologising, and admitting he has ruined the life of every woman he has ever been with and is a serial cheat and was in therapy. The long and the short is, I started out understanding Alice. But watching her keep circling the self destructive and rage drain has made me lose patience. She is actively nasty, and is relentless, and I was not. She must be so tired – being sad and angry is exhausting. I wish she would wake up and be kind to herself and start gritting her teeth and accepting her new normal. Bianca is in Ioan’s life. Ioan is in her and her children’s lives – make it positive because the negative is so damn draining. So that is my me-rail – and my testimony that a lot of us started as Alice supporters – until it was clear Alice was behaving toxically. ETA typos
I'm so sorry you were doubly betrayed & so sorry you lost your baby as a result. 😞
I don't think you compare to Alice at all. You were betrayed so badly, blind sided, treated appallingly & had extra tragedy on top. I think most people can relate, I certainly can, your whole world had exploded so don't beat yourself up about your behaviour. xxx

A huge well done to you for everything you did to turn your life around & you should feel very proud. 👏🥰
I really hope you have since found real happiness. ❤xxx

Don't feel bad for your initial sympathy, it was understandable, no reason to hang your head in shame. A lot of us felt the same, me included as she fooled a lot of people early on using other women's genuine pain to get sympathy knowing so many would relate. It took awhile to realise she hadn't been betrayed/blind sided & wasn't grieving a broken heart, it's her narc rage at Ioan escaping her abuse/control & losing her $$$ machine & Hollywood link. You're a good & decent person. She's always been an abusive bleep who loves drama & I doubt she sees her behaviour as self destructive at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
A bit like those saucy double entendre seaside postcards. They used to go over my head (too young) but when you see what was written on them, so near the knuckle. In normal years (pre covid) I normally see Julian Clary in panto at the Palladium. Sometimes I gasped with shock at the innuendo. The kids sit there oblivious! Ooh, saucy!
I used to enjoy them as a kid too, in case I came over all judgmental!

But I mean, in that trekking clip, when Ioan was saying in a really bored tone that he’d ‘just come down there’, obviously refering to the steep bit, who would even think of turning that into an innuendo?! Not even 13 y o boys I shouldn’t imagine. Just pervy Alice. But then I just thought the Carry On crew would have too. Sorry for taking everyone off on a tangent! 🤣

Reactions: 13
With this speculation on what Alice might wear, here’s a throwback to how I imagined her turning up to court … remember the gunt? 😂

3B5A5C9F-A24F-4977-889F-15DBF47BB065.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Serious question: IF Abuser does show and at some stage goes off verbally and refuses to shut up, what happens?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That is probably the most miserable wedding photo I’ve ever seen. I mean, no one looks happy do they. And there’s the blushing bride, fag and booze in hand. Yikes.
The only one even attempting a smile is the Bristol Chris Evans.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
True, did not think of the girls, which I should have. Embarrassed & ashamed
Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed. A part of me would love them to be made public so that even more people were made aware of what Alice really is as a video recording cannot be denied. Rather like the Heard tapes. The downside is the potential harm to the girls which I also wouldn't want.

Reactions: 17
I joined quite a while ago, after lurking on the first threads. I started off as an Alice sympathiser. I have to admit, I too, was a bit of an Alice, and I hang my head in shame.
This is a bit of a me rail so I have put under a spoiler
I was born and brought up in Africa. In my late 20’s I was lucky enough to move to the UK and shortly afterwards met my husband, also from Africa but a different country to me. I managed to get a really good job in the UK, but my husband was not happy and wanted to go back to his country. So we moved. For a few years all was good, but I could not work legally and my confidence dwindled. He entered into an affair with my good friend and I was dumped. What was worse was I had fallen pregnant and the shock made me miscarry at 4 months. It was so scary – I was alone in a country with no support system. I did not handle it well and started drinking a lot – I initially got angry and raged and raged when drunk – not to Alice’s extent, but loads of crying/begging/raging/pleading/angry phone calls and, I am embarrassed to say, a very short period of minor stalking ( I would pitch up every Sunday at the same church, off my face!). I really did lose my mind. However, once the anger wore off, it was replaced by a deep deep sadness. By that stage (4 months in), he was fed up of the anger/harassment and told me he was going to tell immigration if I could contacted him again. I was waiting for a resident permit and could not legally work, and needed to stay in the country. When we first arrived, I put down a big deposit on a property for us, but until I got residency I could not file for divorce or access the money. So I had to find illegal work. So I started waitressing in the the sorts of places that turned a blind eye to illegal workers. I was treated like tit by management, but in a way it was my saving grace. I had to stop drinking and I started enjoying my work – I liked interacting with customers and I was good at being a waitress and started building my fragile self esteem. One week after my residency came through, he and my ex friend left for Australia. It was a huge relief – I HAD to get on with my life. I did well for 1 year, then had a mini breakdown, got really fat (from being a gorgeous Bianca like person) and started drinking again (luckly was able to continue functioning at work). It was SO tiring being self destructive. I actually got so sick of feeling sick and sad all the time that I sat up one day and said ‘ENOUGH’. Then my life really started blooming. A few years later I got a message from the ex via SM apologising, and admitting he has ruined the life of every woman he has ever been with and is a serial cheat and was in therapy. The long and the short is, I started out understanding Alice. But watching her keep circling the self destructive and rage drain has made me lose patience. She is actively nasty, and is relentless, and I was not. She must be so tired – being sad and angry is exhausting. I wish she would wake up and be kind to herself and start gritting her teeth and accepting her new normal. Bianca is in Ioan’s life. Ioan is in her and her children’s lives – make it positive because the negative is so damn draining. So that is my me-rail – and my testimony that a lot of us started as Alice supporters – until it was clear Alice was behaving toxically. ETA typos
It doesn’t sound like you were being an Alice. It’s sounds like you went through a massive amount of trauma in a short space of time, and you were grieving multiple losses at once. The thing about grief is, no-one can tell you how to do it. However it comes out of you, is the right way for you. I’ve been in a similar position of loss and can relate so much to the rage and anger. I didn’t have the capacity for anything other than lashing out, I was furious at everyone and everything. I hope that you can look back on that time of your life with compassion for yourself. You should (as non-patronisingly and sincerely as possible) be really proud of yourself for moving past such an awful time in your life. I’m so sorry that happened to you, but I’m very glad for you that you were able to make such positive changes. Love to you 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Serious question: IF Abuser does show and at some stage goes off verbally and refuses to shut up, what happens?
funny enough there is a guidebook from the Judicial Council of California for how to handle self-representing parties in Family Court, this is one of the examples
8G2jWxt.png

btw the judge got admonished because they didnt give this person the chance to respond to the contempt. Basically the lesson here is that a judge should not lose their cool and do the proper procedures if somebody acts like a complete loon.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m curious about this too. Can you be held in contempt of court in a hearing? Can you be in contempt on Zoom? I wonder if any of the wonderful legal minded on here might know.

(Mental image of her spouting off so unrelentingly that law enforcement is sent to her house to unplug her laptop (imagining it to be covered in bling and beads a la the Evans Creations handbag line)…we last see her being dragged from her chair kicking and screaming about CORRUPT OFFICIALS!!!111!1… a door slams and silence falls upon the room. A pair of big round eyes appear in shot, and Emma carefully blinks out a plea for help in morse code. End scene)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.