Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
A bbq that you need to bring starters and mains for? ...what are they actually cooking!? šŸ¤£

Fuck that. I wouldnt go cos of the faff

Reactions: 19

Londonsays

Chatty Member
I would be annoyed too and would never have asked what your friend has.

Years ago a lady I worked with organised a cocktail party at her new house and invited some of the ladies in the department. I didnā€™t know her all that well but thought it sounded fun and I remember thinking weā€™d be learning how to mix cocktails. We were each told what bottle of alcoholic drink to bring and some people were told to bring mixers as well depending on the price of the bottle.

We arrived and no food was put out. She hadnā€™t asked us to bring food but I suppose I thought she might have put out crisps and dip etc.

We were not given a selection of cocktails and we were most certainly not shown how to make any drinks.

So after the party as the days go on, we begin to hear she is having a housewarming party with her partner as she was left with so much alcohol.

It was a private party and work people were not invited.

• Wow
  • Angry

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm imagining a queue of people all lined up with their cooler boxes of burgers and sausages
Furious at someone who got parked 30 secs before you so are 3 ahead in the queue šŸ˜‚

Sorry not helpful at all but it has made me laugh

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
An LFT to go to your friends house? Why are they even bothering if they're that fussy. They're not known for being 100% accurate anyway.

Sounds like quite a draining, domineering personality they have. Having fun in her way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

coconochanel

VIP Member
So she's hosting a BBQ but has asked the guests to bring a main? So what is she doing then just firing up the BBQ? Personally Ive never been invited to a party and been asked to bring a main thats the hosts job surely.

Reactions: 14

newtoyou

VIP Member
I think OP did end up taking her own food but poisoned it as revenge and is now currently on the run.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I wouldn't go. I don't need that hassle in my life. It sounds fun-sapping and micromanaged to the hilt.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Seen as @Inforapenny has been MIA for quite a while now we can probably expect the Netflix documentary soon.

I'm going with the title 'Party of nightmares'

• Haha

Tublet83

VIP Member
Can I just on this. Iā€™ve recently been invited to two childrenā€™s parties (with my kids, Iā€™m not a weirdo!) One at a farm and one at soft play. Now I have to pay for me and my kids to attend both of these events, the farm will cost Ā£65 for all of us to go. On top of that we will have to buy food there and we will be expected to bring a present. In my eyes this isnā€™t a party, itā€™s the mums way of avoiding a party. I get everyone cant afford big dos, but surely just a pass the parcel and musical statues in a garden can be done on the cheap. Is this the new way of childrenā€™s parties?! At Ā£65 a pop just got entry my kids wonā€™t be going!
I would just refuse to go! Any parties at farms etc the child and an adult has been paid for!

My daughter was invited to a party earlier in the summer and I was asked to make a Ā£10 contribution to attend, I just refused to go. If you canā€™t afford donā€™t have such an extortionate party in the first place thereā€™s no need!

Reactions: 12

Gizmo92

I agree the food thing is cheeky. If youā€™re throwing a party then you should provide at least a majority of the food imo. Nothing wrong with asking someone to bring a dessert or salad or something if they ask but to give everyone a list, yea that comes across a bit odd to me!

However the LF test I have to agree with. I think (assuming youā€™re in the UK but correct me if Iā€™m wrong!) because of the current situation with the track and trace and the risk of getting told to isolate, doing a LF test to add a further sense of security is a good idea. Granted they arenā€™t totally accurate but I know I would feel more relaxed going somewhere knowing everyone had done a LF beforehand. My hen do is in a couple of weeks and we will be asking everyone to take a LF before they come. I will do anything to reduce the risk of having to isolate for 10 days! There is definitely a certain way to word things though. It can easily come across as telling people what to do and like a ā€œteacher/pupilā€ thing so I can see how it can rub people up the wrong way.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I want to know if everyone is expected to bbq their own food šŸ˜‚ imagine if you were back of the queue with your bangers.. Iā€™d be fuming šŸ˜¤

• Haha

Bexybest

The food thing would be a hard no from me! Imagine how much food will end up there if everyone brings two or three courses how ridiculous šŸ¤£

Hosting means you have to fork out (ha) for the food and at least the basic drinks. If you don't like it then don't host haha.

Some people are very odd.. I blame the pandemic šŸ˜‰

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Also do they want photographic evidence of the negative LFT or are they just going to take people's word for it?

Person on the door be like "I can see a line there hun" šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11