Inthefrow #6 cases may be rising but Vic’s PR trips still need organising!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the work drama has anything to do with this bossbabe workwear she is creating, which I now assume will be a bikini or beach cover up since that's what she classes as work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
This "trend" of poor me, I only want sycophants who draw creepy pictures and worship me types of followers and replies is ridiculous. Any really bad posts such as death threats should be reported to the police. Any other feedback of their brand or content that is directly related to their ironic and unethical behavior is just 'the truth hurts doesn't it?' Lydia and Josie are all on this dumb bandwagon. If they supported women they would support local women businesses without being #AD and among many things... not try to dupe them into blowing their money on all this crap that they themselves only really like because they are being paid...

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I wrote huge rant but I decided I will just say : I hope you (Vic) will learn something from what all the girls have written before, because this is what you need to hear in order to grow and be a better person and at the end better influencer.
Because all this is embarrassing, I would die inside myself if I wrote something like that and I know that all close people around me would tell me that it is not ok to behave like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For a PHD graduate she has awful grammar. It really should have been “much happier now after, you guys etc” or “much happier now, you guys etc” or “much happier now after speaking to you guys, you are the best extended family”. Sorry, it just annoys me reading something and it not flow in my head when it’s purely a grammar issue (especially from someone speaking their only language and who has this level of education).

Also, her face is just awful. She looks like she has just injected herself with everything and it’s trying to settle. Or, everything has dissolved.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For a PHD graduate she has awful grammar. It really should have been “much happier now after, you guys etc” or “much happier now, you guys etc” or “much happier now after speaking to you guys, you are the best extended family”. Sorry it just annoys me reading something and it not flowing in my head when it’s purely a grammar issue.
As if fashion merchandising or whatever bollocks she studied should be a real PhD anyway... Doesn't surprise me her grammar is awful, she isn't PROPER PhD level smart!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As if fashion merchandising or whatever bollocks she studied should be a real PhD anyway... Doesn't surprise me her grammar is awful, she isn't PROPER PhD level smart!
I agree, I studied Law and Commerce and I’m an analyst now. I look at numbers all day. So my grammar will get tripped up occasionally, especially being in lockdown since March (my brain has gone mad). However, my level of education I would say is more impressive than her PhD, bachelors alone, as well as intellect.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Haha she is so freaking pathetic, i bet moving to the countryside was a condition from hairy Harrison to get married with her, and she clearly hates to live there, put your bets on how long this marriage last. And if she is so luxurious why she doesn't hire a gardener as Zoella, Fleur etc do?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I still want to know how the ended up in Chicago in the first place. Both her and her husband are British, so they must be there on a work visa for her husband? In any case, Rebecca can’t vote because she’s not a citizen, so she just has to sit back and suck it up. In the meantime, she should ask Vic to use her platform to spread info on voting, without Vic centering herself like she usually does.

I believe it’s probably the same. You can tell who benefits the most under Trump, so unless those people vote against their self-interest (i.e., unregulated wealth, growth of the extractive industry, privatization of government services, etc.), then yeah, they will probably vote for Trump. Unlike other parts of the world, Americans don’t generally care about how policies, laws, etc. affect anyone other than themselves. I think this was part of why Brexit happened too. Leavers saw their own self-interests threatened and did something about it, even if it negatively affected everyone else.
I'm american and in Chicago... I can say it's EXTREMELY frustrating living in this chaos of Trump no matter your political views. Without starting a political debate I can say... a majority of Americans are nothing like this, are embarrassed and horrified, and want him OUT. But, there are some who support him and his ideals.... as you said, for their own reasons (views or how the policies line their pockets).

I don't mind if she has strong opinions of her own about injustices in the world, human rights, etc as long as she's not being a hypocrite or fake. Just don't list it on your woe is ME poor ME. DO SOMETHING TO HELP OTHERS IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED... YOU WILL FEEL A LOT BETTER THAN YOU DID MOPING AROUND AND DOING GARDENING IN A DUMB CASHMERE SWEATER.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I'm american and in Chicago... I can say it's EXTREMELY frustrating living in this chaos of Trump no matter your political views. Without starting a political debate I can say... a majority of Americans are nothing like this, embarrassed and horrified, and want him OUT. But, there are some who support him and his ideals.... as you said, for their own reasons (views or how the policies line their pockets).
I'm not sure what to think about America, they all supported Obama when the guy was actually ruining the country but he was black and charismatic so it was practically forbidden to say anything against him, I have friends native and immigrants living there and they all said that their middle class working conditions improved since he is power and now they are fed up of the BLM so they will vote him again. But the visas being hard to get etc is happening since 11S so is not really new. But life will never be the same as before 2020, and all the governments are a mess now included UK

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I'm not sure what to think about America, they all supported Obama when the guy was actually ruining the country but he was black and charismatic so it was practically forbidden to say anything against him, I have friends native and immigrants living there and they all said that their middle class working conditions improved since he is power and now they are fed up of the BLM so they will vote him again. But the visas being hard to get etc is happening since 11S so is not really new. But life will never be the same as before 2020, and all the governments are a mess now included UK
If you’re not American, like Vic, you really shouldn’t comment on American politics. You do not have all the facts straight. Also, your friends who are fed up with BLM sound like racists. If they’re immigrants living in America, they are more than welcome to leave. I’ll even drive them to the airport.

Does anyone think the work thing is a legal battle with Gleam? Do the dates tie?
I kind of wonder that too actually.

It sounds like the Strathberry collab she spoiled in January. That partnership she initiated while with Gleam and then teased a second collab in Fall 2019 when she was still signed with Gleam. They might very well be trying to claim a share of proceeds whenever the product drops.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
If you’re not American, like Vic, you really shouldn’t comment on American politics. You do not have all the facts straight. Also, your friends who are fed up with BLM sound like racists. If they’re immigrants living in America, they are more than welcome to leave. I’ll even drive them to the airport.
Funny enough I work for an American company who created far more jobs in the last years thanks to who..and keeping those jobs so people wouldn't become unemployed as they were struggling to find a job before, so in the economic side I well aware of the situation. And your attitude about calling someone racist and your lack of tolerance is what made people vote for that guy, many people in the world is against BLM not for being racist but because what it started as a claim for a horrendous murder it ended up becoming a business, seriously all the looting, destruction of public property, attack to other people is ok for you? What started as a good cause ended up in a total mess for a group of people who took advantage of it, not only in America but many other countries included UK, without going far influences like Vic used BLM as a way to get more sympathy from the black community, again the cause got lost for marketing purposes.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Funny enough I work for an American company who created far more jobs in the last years thanks to who..and keeping those jobs so people wouldn't become unemployed as they were struggling to find a job before, so in the economic side I well aware of the situation. And your attitude about calling someone racist and your lack of tolerance is what made people vote for that guy, many people in the world is against BLM not for being racist but because what it started as a claim for a horrendous murder it ended up becoming a business, seriously all the looting, destruction of public property, attack to other people is ok for you? What started as a good cause ended up in a total mess for a group of people who took advantage of it, not only in America but many other countries included UK, without going far influences like Vic used BLM as a way to get more sympathy from the black community, again the cause got lost for marketing purposes.
Like I said, you absolutely do not have all your facts straight. Why you have chosen Tattle, a gossip forum, to spread misinformation is your business I suppose - but I really think you and Vic should not comment on American politics.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think they moved out of London as Alex hated it and this was kind of a compromise to live outside of it but still close enough. Plus houses in London are £££. Now Vic is miserable, she likes city life.

I doubt Alex is really that happy either, he can’t drive and has to rely on her and her car loans to get anywhere, there’s nothing to do around there and they realise they only have each other.
I think they’d both be much happier moving back to Manchester, near family and they could get a mucccch bigger house for the money, they could still travel on their trips and it’s pretty accessible to get back to London for certain ‘paid only’ events. Now with no events happening and everyone being remote it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

I don’t think that house suits them at all,
It seemed like a rush purchase, I can’t imagine them living there for very long.

I wonder if the work thing is gleam related 🤔

Reactions: 17
I think they moved out of London as Alex hated it and this was kind of a compromise to live outside of it but still close enough. Plus houses in London are £££. Now Vic is miserable, she likes city life.

I doubt Alex is really that happy either, he can’t drive and has to rely on her and her car loans to get anywhere, there’s nothing to do around there and they realise they only have each other.
I think they’d both be much happier moving back to Manchester, near family and they could get a mucccch bigger house for the money, they could still travel on their trips and it’s pretty accessible to get back to London for certain ‘paid only’ events. Now with no events happening and everyone being remote it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

I don’t think that house suits them at all,
It seemed like a rush purchase, I can’t imagine them living there for very long.

I wonder if the work thing is gleam related 🤔
There was a video where he said he didn't like London and wanted kids as soon as possible (or kinda suggested it) while she is the opposite she loves London and also suggested that she doesn't want kids in the near future. I think they did got that house because you see other influencers around the same age, getting married and moving to the countryside and showing off big houses, renovations etc, I doubt Vicky wants to go back to Manchester I always had the feeling she was ashamed of being a northern lass instead of a real Londoner, wonder why they didn't just buy a house or flat in a place like Brighton instead of the middle of nowhere

Well... I will leave my own politics aside and say that I am an American and am living in the current chaos and it pains me to think and imagine that those outside our country think of us as one single block of people. I am a fighter for human rights but it is a tough reality to realize that the world sees us all in a certain way...a way that we have earned.... sadly. We in the US are a rainbow of people, immigrants, and beautiful mixes of cultures that make up this very massive span of a country that is not equal or perfect... yet I would hope always striving and fighting for it. I am so so so sad to hear that your friends have had such a hard time.... if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.... I am happy to reach out to any local groups and friend far and near! :)

Reactions: 7
For a PHD graduate she has awful grammar. It really should have been “much happier now after, you guys etc” or “much happier now, you guys etc” or “much happier now after speaking to you guys, you are the best extended family”. Sorry, it just annoys me reading something and it not flow in my head when it’s purely a grammar issue (especially from someone speaking their only language and who has this level of education).

Also, her face is just awful. She looks like she has just injected herself with everything and it’s trying to settle. Or, everything has dissolved.
Her face does look odd in that selfie and very smug and pleased with herself. I find it such a vain affectation with these influencers who constantly rake their hair with their fingers. And maybe she has some real personal problems but instead has evaded mentioning covid, global warming etc but it doesn't sound authentic. The OP is right, don't add such big important issues that have devastated other people to your personal woe is me list. Pathetic.

Reactions: 5
I don't want to derail the thread but can we all pause for a moment to acknowledge the white audacity of the statement 'BLM started out as a good cause'

It still is a 'good cause'. Black Lives MATTER. Watch the vast majority of the peaceful protests. duck it watch the violent ones. People are angry and they have a goddamn right to be. SMDH.

I agree I've no objection to Vic posting things but practice what you preach girl. On the latest Italy trip, where were the black influencers? Was there any diversity at all? Did you raise it? Or did you just accept another free trip?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I don't want to derail the thread but can we all pause for a moment to acknowledge the white audacity of the statement 'BLM started out as a good cause'

It still is a 'good cause'. Black Lives MATTER. Watch the vast majority of the peaceful protests. duck it watch the violent ones. People are angry and they have a goddamn right to be. SMDH.
Yes. I hate derailing the conversation too but that really was a mind boggling statement for me to read as well.

It also deeply saddens me anyone could see a movement for long overdue justice and racial equality as merely a “marketing” ploy. Unfortunately, there are media outlets that spin such a hateful, inaccurate narrative about BLM. There are also people who sadly buy into that conspiracy theory because they don’t do the due diligence of truly listening, participating in the protests themselves and holding real conversations with members of their surrounding black community.

There is so much misinformation and false representation spread against BLM. And it’s all fueled by racism. I’ve been confronting this with a few members of my family quite a bit lately but I say yes - we should go ahead and confront it here as well. Enough is enough and racial equality really shouldn’t be a taboo subject. It’s 2020!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Is anyone else sick of the ‘women supporting women’ spiel? Maybe I’ve been unlucky but women in the workplace have been awful to me, whilst men really haven’t?
why can’t we just not be an asshole to everyone? 😂
Same experience! For the first time in my career my boss is a man, and it’s glorious! All of the women I reported into were conniving and duplicitous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.