Inthefrow #6 cases may be rising but Vic’s PR trips still need organising!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the vlog where she wangs on about that stupid teeny bathroom like they've decorated the palace of Versailles (where BTW surely they won't be able to sit properly on the toilet when the radiator is in and the off centre in the panelling loo roll holder would freak me out) she uses Redken products for a good few minutes. Then she says "oh I don't work with redken I just think they're great". Redken are owned by by L'Oréal. Who she WORKS WITH 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Further confirmation of jawline amendments. Bloody convenient to be jumping on to stories and then the brand owner JUST messaging you with a discount code!! “If this doesn’t sell the skin care I don’t know what will” 🙃🙃👀
Her nose in the "improvement" photos looks atrocious! I don't understand how it's deteriorated like that in two years? Has she had a nose job previously which has now failed? I just don't get it, but it looks awful

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm wondering if Victoria (or other influencers) tip staff when they get freebies? like her free nails, free hotel stays, meals out etc. I'm guessing she doesn't as we never see it and I think she would make a point to show it if she does.

I always tip staff the amount they would usually get from me, if I have a discount for a meal I usually do 10% of the original total etc. I can't even imagine being comfortable walking out of somewhere without paying, never mind without even tipping!

Reactions: 5
How is she not sponsored by the skincare company? She talks about them all the time, OR is it the skincare lady who does her peels is she the one giving her the free product?

I think they get round it like this:

X company pays Influenza £5,000 for 1 post and 1 story. That post and story will be marked as an ad because contractually, they've agreed to post in exchange for money.

A few weeks later, Influenza decides they haven't heard from X in a while and they want to maintain the relationship (e.g. get more freebies and ad money), so OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART, they do a post/story about how amazing X is. Not marked as ad or gifted because technically, it isn't.

X sees the "freebie" post and gives the Influenza more work.

YUCK.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I'm wondering if Victoria (or other influencers) tip staff when they get freebies? like her free nails, free hotel stays, meals out etc. I'm guessing she doesn't as we never see it and I think she would make a point to show it if she does.

I always tip staff the amount they would usually get from me, if I have a discount for a meal I usually do 10% of the original total etc. I can't even imagine being comfortable walking out of somewhere without paying, never mind without even tipping!
I wonder this myself. This was a big conversation on Hirons’s thread, especially after she had her midnight hair appointment right when salons were re-opening.

They have to, though, right?! Like it would be really crappy if they didn’t and they keep going back? Surely if the salon/spa owners and employees weren’t getting tips they’d sever the relationship. Right?!?!?

• Haha
Oh the second hand embarrassment of doing the walk of shame each time, knowing that you’re getting your hair/nails done for free. All the awkwardness right there. Think I’d rather pay.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is it just me or is bouillabaisse supposed to be fish and seafood? it's a very traditional dish. They're just making a stew? they could at least specify vegetable/vegetarian bouillabaisse so it's clear!

Being pedantic here but you know how it is when you don't like somebody, everything is grating 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is it just me or is bouillabaisse supposed to be fish and seafood? it's a very traditional dish. They're just making a stew? they could at least specify vegetable/vegetarian bouillabaisse so it's clear!

Being pedantic here but you know how it is when you don't like somebody, everything is grating 😂
Yes! It’s fish stew. And it’s bok choi or pak choi, but I’ve never heard it pronounced with a p. I’ve traveled extensively throughout Asia and have close Chinese friends and they’ve always said and spelled it bok choy.

Reactions: 6
ooh they call it pak choy here in the UK!
Interesting! Thanks for clarifying!

I love how Vic never thought to take Alex to get a pedicure with her own money. They had to be gifted one for him to go. My dad and mom go get pedicures together like once a month. It’s not that interesting.

Reactions: 7
Interesting! Thanks for clarifying!

I love how Vic never thought to take Alex to get a pedicure with her own money. They had to be gifted one for him to go. My dad and mom go get pedicures together like once a month. It’s not that interesting.
There are so so many key workers that deserve a pamper session so much more than those two lazy freeloaders! Really winds me up, do they do ANYTHING that isn’t “gifted” or a “pr treatment”. Like seriously it’s a pedicure, does an “influencer” and her “hubs” really need to be gifted a free pedicure in order for them to advertise the service?! We all know what a pedicure is!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There are so so many key workers that deserve a pamper session so much more than those two lazy freeloaders!
When they all got invited to Francoise Nars' island in the South Pacific I was really irritated. I understand they (influencers) are type of sales person for the brand but would that old creepy mofo ever do this for one of his real employees? A person that is working 20 years for his business, in store, bringing in sales, year for year?
All that showing off.
I was happy for Melissa Alatorre, tho. She was at least a former employee of Nars' stores, but she got the trip opportunity only because she switched to be an influencer.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
That looks nothing like her?!
It’s such a change. She talks about body positivity but shares such a heavily retouched photo. I’d have so much more respect for her if she openly said that is NOT my nose.

Retouches like that are why women have such poor body image. Why SHE likely has such poor body image. And as everyone pointed out on her Instagram comments this week — she is part of the problem, not the solution.

Reactions: 9
It’s such a change. She talks about body positivity but shares such a heavily retouched photo. I’d have so much more respect for her if she openly said that is NOT my nose.

Retouches like that are why women have such poor body image. Why SHE likely has such poor body image. And as everyone pointed out on her Instagram comments this week — she is part of the problem, not the solution.
Honestly! It’s not even a little bit altered, it’s Khloe Kardashian altered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.