Inthefrow #10 granny collection will never sell, crying on her bike & not looking well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What in the hell is this tragic outfit?

Nothing against you Boe - you’re precious and can’t help that your wannabe mom looks like a clown
No offence to Boe but that’s not the kind of dog needed for that look. You need a big guard dog! She just looks ridiculous. Yet again trying to do the whole boss babe thing. Proper yawn

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hi guys. Hope everyone’s been well. Excited to catch up on everyone’s spot on observations in the last couple of days.
Quick question, I don’t follow her but why does this Josie London (who doesn’t live in london right? 🤔) person feel the need to suck up to frow so desperately? It’s really cringe to watch. Have some pride 🙈
Why is it some sort of pledge of friendship for these girls to suck up to eachother? They sort of congratulate each other when one minion posts adoringly to the other? It’s a very strange, unhealthy, insincere dynamic.. for people who like to think they’re so dignified as well 🤦🏼‍♀️

Can someone from England explain to me why all of a sudden the Cotswolds are like influencer catnip? Like, I get it. One of many gorgeous parts of England and relatively close to London so you can leave the hustle and bustle of a busy city and be “in the country” in a short period of time. But if Vic, Josie, Lidl et al are already living outside London “in the country” (lol Northamps) then why would they want to buy more property in the country? Make it make sense please. Annnnd, is it really necessary to clickbait musings with your husband about buying more property in a pandemic?

I just bought a house and like 3 people know about it because I feel weird announcing it when friends of mine have lost their jobs and/or are still dealing with crippling college debt...and because my parents helped me. And I really only told people I live near so they offer to help me move 😂
This comment made me laugh. So spot on. I like u a lot 😂 and congratulations on your move!!

I love this - you've put it perfectly.

I feel like these women have achieved a fluke success, and then shut themselves away inside their gifted homes, and forget what real life looks like. This results in summer collection sweater dresses, tweed blazers etc. They've turned themselves into mannequins, dressing up for scenarios that only happen in their heads.
It's like Victoria and her obsession with BossBabe suits; I've said it before here, but I run my own business and meet with clients (pre-covid) regularly. If I showed up in a Crayola suit, heavily branded bag, tripped in to the place wearing yellow stilettos, I can guarantee you that I would quickly find myself without clients.
this is ALL so well said! “They’ve turned themselves into mannequins, dressing up for scenarios that only happen in their head”

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree - literally the last thing I want to be perceived at work is a "babe". I don't want people to think of me as a babe, EVER, unless it's my bf.

I'm sorry, what?! Do you shop online ever? Fashion brands are still flooded with white models. If they ever use Asian or Black models, they are still stick-skinny and light-skinned Asians/Blacks with white-washed hair and makeup. I was looking to buy swimsuits and have been getting a bunch of instagram ads for swimsuit brands and I was not surprised to see brands like Triangl only having 90% super skinny white women on their ads. I want to see how the bikini looks on an average body on everyone's skin tone, not just size 2 white women.
Also what do you mean it's "boring to obsess over skin"? No the duck it is not - how is it fair that the world we live in is so diverse and multicultural but brands aren't reflecting that in 2021? People with different skin tones want to see how clothes look in their own skin before purchasing it. You have absolutely no right to be dismissing the fight for fair representation of skin colour in fashion ads, as it's not only related to fashion but is related to the entire reflection of society and how they view people of other skin colours. You pretty much showed it in your comment that you don't care as long as it has nothing to do with you and push the idea that it's "boring". Maybe you're a white girl who got offended because of someone's white girl comment but this is literally something people have dealt with since the beginning of ads. Maybe read up on what racism is and how it exists in every aspect of life before naively commenting about your own privilege.
This was really well said. However I am sorry for the exhausting work it takes to explain and teach this, when we should be putting the work in to teach ourselves, acknowledge, and do better. Sending you love and support ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 7
LOL at her entire collection and the price range. She'll go on and on about how they're not "fast fashion" and that they're "investment" pieces... like yeah I'd much rather invest that money elsewhere in more reputable brands and quality. I work in consulting/finance and I cannot imagine a single woman in my industry who would show up in those clothes. 1) It looks super uncomfortable - if something looks uncomfortable from just pictures/videos, you KNOW it's 200x worse in real life; 2) If I want to "invest" that kind of money on suits, I'll get them from Saint Laurent, not a brand only big among influencer girls in England (I only heard of Holland Cooper in the last few months). 3) Lastly, no one I know would wear a pink sleeveless wool dress in an office or to meetings - the last thing we want working in this industry is to be seen as a Barbie dress-up doll.

It's really sad that influencers/youtubers have no grasp on real life. I don't even wear heels to work, I'm there to WORK, not to take pictures or look cute in front of my coworkers. I feel like she would've had a better shot at targeting her audience if she just went with black, classic pieces and none of her tacky hardware & fabric lining.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I cannot get over the pricing. Holy hell.

I bet if she had pushed for extended sizes, those would’ve sold out first 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 15
So we can safely assume she and Lydia have fallen out, now - right?
2) If I want to "invest" that kind of money on suits, I'll get them from Saint Laurent, not a brand only big among influencer girls in England (I only heard of Holland Cooper in the last few months). 3) Lastly, no one I know would wear a pink sleeveless wool dress in an office or to meetings - the last thing we want working in this industry is to be seen as a Barbie dress-up doll.

It's really sad that influencers/youtubers have no grasp on real life. I don't even wear heels to work, I'm there to WORK, not to take pictures or look cute in front of my coworkers. I feel like she would've had a better shot at targeting her audience if she just went with black, classic pieces and none of her tacky hardware & fabric lining.
Totally agree with everything you said, particularly on investment pieces! Vicky keeps making that statement -- but she's apparently too blinded by Jade filling her desperately in need of validation ego that she doesn't notice the quality doesn't remotely compare to alternative (and iconic) luxury brands like YSL. Not even close.

In general, I also really do not understand these clothes. They're not power suit blazers. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of them to a presentation at work. I also wouldn't want to wear them on the weekends to parties or brunch -- because who the hell wants to wear a stuffy wool blazer in their recreation time?

Conceptually this "collection" of TWO pieces is so bizarre. Clothes not many people will be looking for and released at completely the wrong time of year.

Reactions: 15
Thick clothing collection...at inflated prices...launched in spring/summer....with 25 pieces of the dress.....from a brand that isn't overly developed so can't be classed as investment....and being flogged by someone I hadnt heard of a few weeks back. Reeks fast fashion to me!

I get HC is growing and they do have the odd nice style but this collaboration is an odd choice. She has limited 'style'...Those white jeans of late for example. Far too tight...the underwear under blazer thing...trashy.

Give me a load of free merch and I will have a go.

And I agree with the many posters above about this 'goals' lifestyle being anything but...she is a clothes hanger. Not an influencer.

Anyway which station do I need to get to in order to get on this influencer train???? 🚂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Two items for £1,110.95?!? For that ugly collection - No bleeping way!🤬🙈 Clearly Amanda has more money than sense 😩😂
Who are these idiots spending this much on some fugly 'collection' by an influencer? Why not just buy something on Net-a-porter?

LOL at her entire collection and the price range. She'll go on and on about how they're not "fast fashion" and that they're "investment" pieces... like yeah I'd much rather invest that money elsewhere in more reputable brands and quality. I work in consulting/finance and I cannot imagine a single woman in my industry who would show up in those clothes. 1) It looks super uncomfortable - if something looks uncomfortable from just pictures/videos, you KNOW it's 200x worse in real life; 2) If I want to "invest" that kind of money on suits, I'll get them from Saint Laurent, not a brand only big among influencer girls in England (I only heard of Holland Cooper in the last few months). 3) Lastly, no one I know would wear a pink sleeveless wool dress in an office or to meetings - the last thing we want working in this industry is to be seen as a Barbie dress-up doll.

Honestly cannot agree with you more. I don't know a single person who would wear Holland Cooper (the association with Superdry says everything really :sick: ) never mind paying that much for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
In this story her lips are so ridiculous. Actual duck beak now, it's absurd. It doesn't look good. I get that she had quite a small mouth (I have fairly thin lips too) but it's getting to the point where it's taken over her face. She needs to stick with one clinic who can be trusted to tell her when it goes beyond a natural enhancement and verges into the absurd (which it has).

Screenshot_20210528-190612_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Impressive sales report? Doubt it but Vic is bringing the waterworks as always
Couldn't squeeze out a measly tear :rolleyes:

For scale, I have picked up 2 classic black, non-logo'd Gucci blazers in the Harvey Nichols sale. both of them were marked down to £500. I think I'll save my money from the Barbie Dream Boss witch collection and head over to Harvey Nicks for the summer sale :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I’ve see realer tears on my daughter’s baby doll. Boe is looking at her like, please seek therapy🙄 The freeloader wishes he had skills and a license so he could drive away from the tit storm!
Gotta give him credit, Boe’s got a great side eye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.