Inthefrow #10 granny collection will never sell, crying on her bike & not looking well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she had something done to her face recently? Her face in the perfume as is very puffy and doesn’t move? Looks like an LA housewife

Reactions: 10
1289360B-CC9E-4C57-9E9A-263A57D5A5D7.png
Here we have Alexa wearing a boss babe suit, with a noticeable bra. Then we have Vicky, looking tacky...
98D508E7-389E-447A-87F9-33EB1E4210E7.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So she and Josie are BFFs now. Didn’t she use to spread rumors that Josie bought all her followers? Oh how birds or a feather flock together 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
And they are so busy fighting over being her bestie, they don't realise she's just using them for engagement and subscribers. :rolleyes:
I’m in this camp too.

Ahh, who says influencer friendships aren’t based on mutual trust, acceptance and actually liking the other person?!? 🤣🤣🤣

Influencer friendships ALWAYS give me “keep your friends close, but your enemies closer” ViBeZzZ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else think Amelia’s jewelry looks kind of meh? Def not at the same tacky level as Vic’s East of Ember stuff, but still not very luxe?

Reactions: 10
I’ve never heard of Stephanie Lange before but a different video of hers came up in my recommended section on YouTube tonight.

After subscribing I was looking at her other videos and came across this one. She makes a lot of great points on why this flex culture influencers perpetuate is not good. Thought I’d share!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve never heard of Stephanie Lange before but a different video of hers came up in my recommended section on YouTube tonight.

After subscribing I was looking at her other videos and came across this one. She makes a lot of great points on why this flex culture influencers perpetuate is not good. Thought I’d share!

I'm in my early 20s (Lower than 25), and I personally admit that I grew and saw myself wanting to be that "boss babe" mindset that they keep pushing.

I still wish that I had everything: a career, a boyfriend, and money to blow. To see people around my age flaunting Chanel, Dior and all those luxury stuff. At this point, I feel like missing out on life, because I don't have anything interesting.

But then, I applied to a Master's degree in one of the most prestigious universities in my country and now I am a student, met a boy online and now we are dating, and found an internship at a field of interest.

I realized that I don't need influencers to dictate what should I have, and I really do hope I'm in the right track.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm in my early 20s (Lower than 25), and I personally admit that I grew and saw myself wanting to be that "boss babe" mindset that they keep pushing.

I still wish that I had everything: a career, a boyfriend, and money to blow. To see people around my age flaunting Chanel, Dior and all those luxury stuff. At this point, I feel like missing out on life, because I don't have anything interesting.

But then, I applied to a Master's degree in one of the most prestigious universities in my country and now I am a student, met a boy online and now we are dating, and found an internship at a field of interest.

I realized that I don't need influencers to dictate what should I have, and I really do hope I'm in the right track.
LOVE THIS!!! That's amazing that things started falling into place. Designer merchandise doesn't define anyone. ❤

There are no doubt positive sides to influencers but the constant flexing of designer things they didn't even pay for is ridiculous. And I have to say, of influencers I follow - Vicky really is the worst. She pushes swipe up affiliate links constantly! You don't see Leonie doing that -- even Tamara doesn't do that often. But every single day, Vicky is telling her audience to BUY BUY BUY things she didn't even buy herself. It's such a sad and shallow way to live imo. She's the home shopping network of Instagram.

It's also such a turn off! My grandma and I LOVE Schiaparelli. She got me into them as a little girl, with so many beautiful pieces in her closet. I'll always remember when she first dressed me up in the most gorgeous dress by Elsa and a hat she kept in its original box. To this day, we love discussing the new collections as they come out and are so enamored with what Daniel Roseberry is doing and proud that he's an AMERICAN slaying the game at such an iconic house. If Schiaparelli stooped to shilling bags to the level Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Dior are doing -- I think I'd have to peace out. It's so much more meaningful when a brand releases pieces their customers will really treasure and not constantly push something new.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

You are 1000% on the right track! Influencers have managed to de-value EVERYTHING. Education, a career you enjoy that compensates you fairly and a partner who is with you for the person you are (and not your proximity to money/IG fame), are THE MOST important things. As my personal savior sings, “Money can’t buy you class”, but it also can’t buy you happiness. I think it’s important to invest in yourself, be it a practical wardrobe, travel and/or your education. At the end of the day, a Dior book tote will not love you, it will not provide you with knowledge and it certainly won’t earn you money. Anyone who buys designer bags as “investments” are deluding themselves. It's only an investment if you sell and very few handbags maintain their value over time. It’s also important to keep in mind the environmental and social effects of this blatant over-consumption, but that’s a whole other post.

And let’s also be clear that earning, saving and spending your money on something you’ve had your eye on makes you appreciate it that item SO MUCH MORE. When your job is getting stuff for free, showing it off for 10 minutes then relegating it to the back of your closet ready for Depop in 3-6 months, there’s no intrinsic value to that item. It is merely a prop. It is disposable. And then the morally ambiguous trend of selling on gifted product...don’t even get me started.

ETA: Schiaparelli is the designer of DREEEEEAMS🤣

ETA 2: A fancy pink pantsuit and expensive bag does not a “boss babe” make, regardless of what Lidl and Vic may have you think. It’s your actions and how you treat other people and decisions and caliber of output and compassion that make you valuable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I find it weird that youtubers started off their channels and built their viewership by showing us their favourite items and giving a thorough/unbiased review of products. But now it seems like they're only doing hauls and returning items after they show us or after taking pictures with it. That trust between the youtubers & the viewers has been broken for a long time. I don't see any of the long-time youtubers doing the same type of review-style videos anymore (favourite drugstore/highstreet products, favourite foundations, monthly favourites, product empties, etc.) and it's quite sad. I want to know what makeup/skincare they use and their honest opinions on them - not for them to use an item for the first time for an "everyday makeup look" as a sponsored video and tell me how much they "loooove it". I think that's why I've stopped watching so many youtubers and now I barely even watch beauty guru content.

If Victoria wants to focus on fashion content only, I feel like it would help her to do a basics styling video that show how to use items you already have. Not those outrageous blazer + bra combos because realistically, NO ONE will actually be wearing those outfits outside their homes, let alone sitting at work/meetings in those technicoloured outfits and makeup.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Love the new thread name!!

Continue to be horrified by those unimaginative dresses and blazers — in WOOL for SUMMER?! Oh boy.... 😂
If the weather stays that crappy over here (Europe) it may become a hit. 😑 😒.

Wasn't there some Monty Python skid where they walk like this?

Wasn't there some Monty Python skid where they walk like this?
Found an example. John Cleese did it better.
1621976809157.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Congrats on your master’s girl!!! What an amazing achievement. I am a huge advocate for pursuing a higher education (if you have the means of course). I also think the lifestyle these influencers are selling is absolutely ridiculous! Who owns multiple chanel bags at 25?! I have 2 master’s degrees and have been working my ass of in a big law firm for the past 6 years and bought my first (and only 😛) designer bag last year at 28 (I still think that’s young!). It’s a YSL bag and cost 1500 euros and I still think that’s a HUGE amount of money! I also just bought a house with my fiancé who is 36 and it is a normal 2 bedroom attached house with a small city garden. I’m VERY proud of this things but influencers would have me believe I need to own a huge detached super fancy house with a massive garden and 50 designer bags. For what? My boss is the best lawyer in his field in my country and he has never heard of any of these influencers. They live in their own world but outside of that no one really cares about them

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Haven’t been here in a long time but just watched her get all dressed up for a muddy walk.
I’m trying extremely hard to think of an even more sad existence than getting all dressed up in expensive tat to take the dog for a rainy and muddy walk, possibly shoot a pic or two for my insta whilst my hair gets frizzy...CAN’T THINK OF ONE.
Can someone please explain to me the big country home in a boring country town, the label whoring, sausage dog loving and uninspired life but #woke life? I don’t get it. Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.