Interior Design masters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whose decision were the chairs? Mum seems to think they were Domnall but I think they were Francesca’s with Domnall suggesting the extenders?
---

He had his jamas on this week 😂
I thought it was francesca decision 🤔

Reactions: 2
after having slept on this i now also think that Domnall and Francesca should have been fired. They were both responsible for the overall design and neither actually spoke to each other ( Francesca with the cork tiles and Domnall with the Carmen Miranda/ and other artwork). Francesca threw Domnall under the bus ( at the artwork stage ) and i also think she threw him under the bus on the sofa.

It was wrong of Michelle to fire him because he wouldn't "own up" to the mistake ( why would you own up to a mistake if a decision that was made wasn't solely yours? i most certainly wouldn't). Francesca certainly knew that by keeping quiet she'd be possibly saved.

Reactions: 22
Whose decision were the chairs? Mum seems to think they were Domnall but I think they were Francesca’s with Domnall suggesting the extenders?
---

He had his jamas on this week 😂
I think we saw an edited version of what happened tbh, I get the impression Domnall got a small number of chairs in case the owner wanted a kids area, she then went & got a load more without consulting him & the extenders were a compromise by him.

Michelle shut him down on the kids chairs saying "which the owner didn't even want", but I don't think he was able to fully explain, or it wasn't shown. He went to get his phone out to prove what happened but she was close to tears at that point & Michelle stopped him.

Reactions: 13
I didn't particularly warm to him (he was quite focused on his own viewpoint in all tasks) but I did like that he went to get his phone as evidence. So many of these shows don't seem to check evidence and people go out unfairly

Reactions: 18
There are some really salty contestants in this series. I don't recall this much fighting in previous years!

Reactions: 20
Neither of them were going to win though. Now I’ve reflected on it, I’m glad Francesca is still in as disliking her has become quite a family sport while we watch the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
after having slept on this i now also think that Domnall and Francesca should have been fired. They were both responsible for the overall design and neither actually spoke to each other ( Francesca with the cork tiles and Domnall with the Carmen Miranda/ and other artwork). Francesca threw Domnall under the bus ( at the artwork stage ) and i also think she threw him under the bus on the sofa.

It was wrong of Michelle to fire him because he wouldn't "own up" to the mistake ( why would you own up to a mistake if a decision that was made wasn't solely yours? i most certainly wouldn't). Francesca certainly knew that by keeping quiet she'd be possibly saved.
Completely agree, I liked most of his previous work, but they both failed on this one. it's aready been said, but they were probably put together as likely a personality clash (but can't see that anyone would work well with her anyway 🤷‍♀️).

Reactions: 5
I think this series has a high quality of contestants. There hasn't been real disasters yet (apart from maybe india)

Reactions: 6
I think we saw an edited version of what happened tbh, I get the impression Domnall got a small number of chairs in case the owner wanted a kids area, she then went & got a load more without consulting him & the extenders were a compromise by him.

Michelle shut him down on the kids chairs saying "which the owner didn't even want", but I don't think he was able to fully explain, or it wasn't shown. He went to get his phone out to prove what happened but she was close to tears at that point & Michelle stopped him.
if that was the case then she is definatley at fault for getting more chairs. They should both have realised that kiddie school chairs would not be suitable for adults to sit on and that decision was on them both for not discussing it ( and actually realising that the chairs were not practical)

I understand Michelle not wanting the conversation to end up in a tit for tat situation but it didnt look like Domnall even had a chance to defend himself ( and Francesca just turned on the waterworks).
---
Completely agree, I liked most of his previous work, but they both failed on this one. it's aready been said, but they were probably put together as likely a personality clash (but can't see that anyone would work well with her anyway 🤷‍♀️).
No - she seems to be its my way or the highway.

If anything i would have expected Ben and the other lad to have had the clash but they seemed to work well together. There design i also liked ( despite having initial reservations) .
---
I think this series has a high quality of contestants. There hasn't been real disasters yet (apart from maybe india)
Yes - the wildlife classroom is the only week with a series of fails.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

OMG, this is so cringy and unprofessional on an account that you've put mainly IDM stuff on. You're not in school Domnall.
TBF, he has written children's books before with this style of work. And clearly he feels wronged.
TBH, I was not a fan of the space but I had more issue with Francesca's choices (the cork board will be manky in no time, the benches being the wrong height is pretty huge as a mistake). It felt like his move with the chair extenders was trying to make the most of a crappy situation - ultimately it was Francesca who opted to have those chairs throughout the cafe.

I'd have felt aggrieved too.

Reactions: 15
Michelle has done this a couple of times now. She did it with the woman who went out over the Indian zoo room (sorry can't remember her name).
'Well the others admitted they made mistakes, you haven't so obviously can't be a team player so are out'. Whether Michelle was right or wrong in that case is beside the point, but there has to be more to the decision than basically a reprimand for your manners or personality ie refusing to just back down when you think you are right.
Fed up with Michelle being a judge tbh. She's so flaky.

Reactions: 23
Michelle has done this a couple of times now. She did it with the woman who went out over the Indian zoo room (sorry can't remember her name).
'Well the others admitted they made mistakes, you haven't so obviously can't be a team player so are out'. Whether Michelle was right or wrong in that case is beside the point, but there has to be more to the decision than basically a reprimand for your manners or personality ie refusing to just back down when you think you are right.
I find it funny when they bring Nisha in to judge the restaurant/cafe tasks because I’ve been to Mowgli and whilst the food is beautiful those swing seats are the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever sat on

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thoughts on this week...

Every pairing was one where they could have had conflict, but the other 2 teams managed to get on, I think the key was that they each respected the other one's style... Francesca and Domnal didn't respect each other enough to get along.

Francesca should have gone, IMO. I didnt mind the Carmen miranda picture, the woman said she did graze boards so having all of those style things would have been good

Michelle should have people supervising like Tim and Karen on the apprentice, sitting in the corner pulling funny expressions. Alan does do a bit of that but he's too nice for that role. Michelle does seem to have gotten grumpier over the shows since season 1!

Anthony is fit. I said what I said. Great teeth

Reactions: 9
Maybe there was but it wasn’t shown . In any case I agree Michelle is a flaky judge.
---
I find it funny when they bring Nisha in to judge the restaurant/cafe tasks because I’ve been to Mowgli and whilst the food is beautiful those swing seats are the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever sat on
Plus one - I am of the same opinion. Amazing food but uncomfortable seating ( ans whilst it looks pretty with the fairy lights it didn’t feel “ welcoming”)

Reactions: 3
I had a gander here before watching and halfway into the episode I wondered what youse were all on about. F+D were a bit snide but it wasn't too bad. Then judgement day came up and it was so cringe. I wonder whether they filmed Michelle's little 'let's not point fingers at each other' intro afterwards and spliced it in. If the rest was in sequence and Domnal started off ripping into her from the word go, I am not surprised they kicked him out. If they had been a bit more cordial (last week I moaned about people on the sofa being all 'I will learn from my mistakes, I promise) it could've gone either way and being kicked out for a mistake with benches/chairs might the easier to swallow than being faulted for the actual design.

I am ok with cork, but not those standard cork tiles she used on the bar. You can get rolls or slabs of the stuff and it makes for a more seamless finish. I also thought the upholstered benches looked quite lumpy.
Every pairing was one where they could have had conflict, but the other 2 teams managed to get on, I think the key was that they each respected the other one's style... Francesca and Domnal didn't respect each other enough to get along.
Right on. Both, F and D, were quite two faced from the start. Somewhat cordial with each other but letting it rip in the talking heads. I think Ben actually dialed himself back a bit based on the feedback from the zoo episode and that was the key to working well with Anthony. Roisin and Matt's styles are compatible, I feel.

Francesca is always on, isn't she.

Reactions: 11
Of course what we haven't yet answered here is "Do all millennials love cork?". I must confess I have never spent any time thinking about cork and have thus spent everyday since Tuesday hanging my millennial head in shame at my personal shortcomings.

• Haha
Reactions: 12